The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Get off the DIME! How to Get Started in Affiliate Marketing

Hmmm... that does make sense to make because squidoo takes 50% of the sale you make as affiliate I think. But I am only starting on this so for now I will do this and then create a website.

With website you have to write content related to your primary topic, with squidoo you can create lens on any topic.

If we use our own affiliate links, not from Squidoo modules, we definitely get 100% of the commission

Hmmm... that does make sense to make because squidoo takes 50% of the sale you make as affiliate I think. But I am only starting on this so for now I will do this and then create a website.

With website you have to write content related to your primary topic, with squidoo you can create lens on any topic.

Talking about Squidoo, my opinion is that this website has too many "exits" for potential customers (too many links on there). So not the best option to use.

From my experience, the best way to go about selling products, is to focus on your own ones. Create a few ebooks, and promote them to your list. Just a squeeze page, and 3-4 ebooks needed to make at least $500-$1000 every month. And, just keep driving traffic to your squeeze page.

It depends on creativity and talent of a person to success in his field. It depends on him on what methods he will choose in order to succeed.

driving traffic

Talking about Squidoo, my opinion is that this website has too many "exits" for potential customers (too many links on there). So not the best option to use.

From my experience, the best way to go about selling products, is to focus on your own ones. Create a few ebooks, and promote them to your list. Just a squeeze page, and 3-4 ebooks needed to make at least $500-$1000 every month. And, just keep driving traffic to your squeeze page.

hi alex,

talking about driving traffic to squeeze page, i need to know more about this subject...what i know for free we can use forum...

Good advice? Ready - Fire - Aim!

look, When I started out, I wante dto be perfect, so I missed several weeks trying to reach perfection.

All that time I could have had a few articles out there working for me!

T you newbies, I say this.
JUST DO SOMETHING!
It is okay if your articles are not perfect, they will get better.
But you have to start.

If you do not like to write, there are people all over that will write for you.

If you do not know how to build a website, use Blogger or Squidoo for an easy free page.

There really is no excuse,
unless you DO NOTHING!

Please help yourself today and do something today.

Good luck!

Patrick

I agree, learning from the experienced at the same time gaining experience of your own is the smartest route you can take when seeking success in affiliate marketing

My best advice. Find a good mentor & trainer that you like and stick with him or her until you have absorbed all you can from them. It's no fun doing it alone and trying to figure everything out. Most mentoring programs offer free trial periods. Use them to your advantage. Keep them if they work for you.

In reality, you're just far better off learning about releasing your own products and building up your email lists. Also, making good contact with other affiliates will help you on your way to where the real money is.

I would say taking action is the best way to start. Don't delay, you will lose precious experience if you constantly think about what you want to do and don't do it. Join the forums as early as possible and only apply to threads that you can add valuable input to. Perfect one technique before moving to the next is important and don't diversify too quickly (see post above re programs to promote). Build your website as quickly as possible and if you can't then farm this out. I spent far too much time trying to build my own site and was down 50 wrong turns on the way ... I hope this helps the newbies!

I am in total agreement Arun, the forums are so helpful. I love the advice given by the more experienced marketers. I don't feel like I have to rush out and spend more hard earned bucks to buy yet another tool or resource. I'm finding alot of good stuff here.

This is the first forum i've joined where it looks like I won't have to trawl through too many scammers,but I'm really new so I don't want to hand out any Oscars just yet-LOL,I have'nt set up a site yet but I'm half way there with Komposer and I learned a small bit about HTML and CSS so far,I'm guessing from the optimism of the posters here I should get on with it,I'll do my best and keep you posted before the weight of the world crushes me in a mountain of SEO research or whatever:D

Hey,

I love the information that you place on this site and its very help full and makes me want to try it all lol! I hope that I can keep getting information like this in the future.

I do not have all the answers or even all the right questions to ask. But I agree one must take action. Then improve from there. Learn as you go. If you wait to start until after you know everything, you will never start. Thanks for sharing your information with me.
Dave

"Information Overload" is the biggest problem I have encountered. It is amazing how fast you can get overwhelmed with all the options available. I feel it is critical to first, find a niche (i.e. health, wealth, bizop, lifestyle), something you are passionate about. Second, get your website/squeeze page up and running, and then just learn 1 or 2 traffic methods. Get good at those and amazing things WILL start to happen! Think "marathon"...not "sprint". Also, be very Leary of the " traffic driving gurus". The vast majority of those opportunities are totally worthless. Think "white-hat" techniques at all times and follow the golden rule of "do unto others". You'll avoid problems and sleep better!

I am a total noobie and the best thing for me has been trial and error. I have made a few bucks so far, but the more ways to linkbuild, keyword research, etc. that I try the better picture I get of what ACTUALLY works. There is a lot of old or bad information on the web...

I agree with the blog articles...just jump in and get going.
There is a tendency to keep trying to learn every trick, every strategy, every new twist. At the end of the day you have to ask yourself exactly what was accomplished in building your business that day.

Thanks,
DTaylor

I think the key is Getting started..don't procrastinate.. take the learn while you earn approach...get 2 marketing methods and become a pro at those 2.. then scale up with more marketing techniques..
Don't try to learn everything at once..you will become paralysis from analysis..
Learn from these great minds in this forum..you will do great

banners
Back