The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Ask Me Anything Full-Time Super Affiliate (Money, Cars, Women, Booze) - Ask me anything :)

Nic, btw what would you recommend a newby to start with? Bing or adwords? I've heard that adwords is very strick in terms of what it will allow you to advertise there, can you give example of offers that are allowed there?

Since you are posting the leads, do you keep a copy of them and monetize the email records?

Good thinking - but the leads I generate via PPC such as Adwords, BING and FB are sold on an exclusive basis and the buyer tends to pay a premium to retain full re-marketing rights.

From an ROI perspective, that works out perfectly for myself as well so there is no need to recycle it.

Nic, btw what would you recommend a newby to start with? Bing or adwords? I've heard that adwords is very strick in terms of what it will allow you to advertise there, can you give example of offers that are allowed there?

Adwords is always best - the terms aren't onerous as long as you don't deliberately try to break or circumvent them. But I never had a problem with getting my sites and campaigns approved.

As long as your sites are fully fledged micro-sites with terms, privacy, about and contact sub pages, you shouldn't have a problem in the major markets - just stay away from products that aren't allowed on Adwords like weapons, tobacco, drugs, etc.

Hope that helps ;)
Nick

Good thinking - but the leads I generate via PPC such as Adwords, BING and FB are sold on an exclusive basis and the buyer tends to pay a premium to retain full re-marketing rights.

From an ROI perspective, that works out perfectly for myself as well so there is no need to recycle it.

You could tweak the wording of your agreement that they are exclusive / retain full remarketing rights for the specific vertical. Which you could then market other verticals and it would have no effect on the buyers business.

Simple - I use host and post. Adwords doesn't allow you to use affiliate links anymore, so using the landing page you are given doesn't work. To combat this, you will need to send the leads directly to the merchant's system through special php forms. That usually does the trick and won't violate any of Google's PPC policies as you control your own website.
Nick, very useful thread!

Can you tell a bit more about how it is done? As far as i undrrstand for this php form to work you should be given special access and form to send leads to specific merchant system directly, sothis doesnt work for most offers inPF and such networks and you should be in direct relations with buyer?

Hi Nick,
Congrats about the results :)

Two questions:
  1. Which parts of the work do you outsource and what do you do yourself? Outsourcing - to what level of providers?ranging from inexpensive freelancer or fiverr to expensive local or global company)
  2. Work's a combination of doing what worked well for us before and learning to stay up to date. How and where do you keep up-to-date so that moving of your cheese won't hurt you?
Great thread. :)

Hi Nick,
Congrats about the results :)

Two questions:
  1. Which parts of the work do you outsource and what do you do yourself? Outsourcing - to what level of providers?ranging from inexpensive freelancer or fiverr to expensive local or global company)
  2. Work's a combination of doing what worked well for us before and learning to stay up to date. How and where do you keep up-to-date so that moving of your cheese won't hurt you?
Great thread. :)

Hey Brad

1) Usually all the coding work and the web design part. That one can easily be outsourced as there's always very talented coders and designers out there who can build me a highly professional looking website that is both mobile and desktop optimised. But I do all the marketing - so the copy, the ads and everything surrounding the campaign itself I generally write myself as nobody is better at it than moi (in my humble opinion of course but hey, I pay for it so I want to do this one myself :)) Besides, I want to keep control of all the USPs, messages, angles and the marketing strategy and I always suggest any affiliate never outsources this part of the campaign either ;) You really want full control here!

2) It's generally all about pushing your own envelope. If you have a site design that you know converts, then recycle it but adjust it to match your new product. The same goes for strategy and research. Market environments naturally change as well, so it is a constant process of evolving, moving forward and progressing with the times. But more importantly, a battle hardened veteran who's been sitting in the trenches in numerous battles can always draw upon his experience to win the war in the long haul ;)

Nick

Last edited:
Hi Nick,

If i understand it correctly - you don't use any tracker, just pixels that Bing/Adwords/FB do provide? I have just read the whole thread, around 10 people asked you about some good CPL company, but you somehow always forgot to answer this question :)

Hello Nick. Great thread! Read every page.

One question. What profit margin with PPC do you aim at? For example if you buy Adwords for $10k, what do you need to earn in total on that campaign to make it worthwhile? To offset risks.

Hello Nick. Great thread! Read every page.

One question. What profit margin with PPC do you aim at? For example if you buy Adwords for $10k, what do you need to earn in total on that campaign to make it worthwhile? To offset risks.

In my opinion, coming out even is great, anything more is amazing. Why? Here's an example:

Let's say you have a business that sells weight loss pills. You run a $1,000 Facebook ad for the offer, after implementing the Facebook pixel on the appropriate page, and generate $1,000 in revenue. At this point, you are break-even from this campaign, but if you look at the long-term, you've earned way more than just this $1,000 and made out way more than just break even. You've collected emails, leads, and the Facebook pixel has picked up on all those people that reached your page. So literally everything this information makes you is pure profit. The campaign may have only made $1,000 in the short-term, but can make you thousands more down the road now that it brought you all those targeted leads that showed interest in your service and you can re-target.

@Dooglers Yes that's correct and you learn alot of things also :)

But another problem is the risk. Risk that the supplier suddenly changes something, and instead of break-even it turns into a loss. Therefore I think you need a quite big profit margin, to offset losses that eventually will come. Question is how big margin you can have with Adwords / msn.

question: do you have a circle of people who are on the same level as you in affiliate marketing or business? do you do your business networking purely online or you meet like-minded people in your circles in real-life?

MI
Back