The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Ask Me Anything Full-Time Super Affiliate (Money, Cars, Women, Booze) - Ask me anything :)

If you have a very low budget and are just starting out, here's what I would do:

Wait and build up a war-chest while you learn everything you can about PPC such as Adwords search, Facebook PPC and BING PPC. Also try and get a few promotional vouchers which you can use to spend on traffic.

Then stick to promoting products that don't require the user to physically buy something online by using a credit card as the commissions will come in much easier ;)

Nick

What do you think about the strategy "No backlinks, just content" for a niche site?

I'm not really digging the whole "content will create traffic" as a business model. I prefer PPC and Paid Ads which is soooo much easier to control, scale and optimise.

I'd go nuts cranking out article after article trying to get more people to a landing page - with PPC, it's just a click of a button and as long as your spend doesn't exceed your revenue, you make profit. Much simpler this way :)

Nick

Read the full thread and now I can confirm my eyes are square for the day! :)
Some great tips in here thanks Nick and congratulations on your success you 100% deserve it!

Host & Post sounds interesting, always wondered why I see an affiliate page without links or anything, so clean and legit. Now I know! So do most aff networks allow this, or does it depend on the advertiser, or is it direct to the advertiser?

I've just replied to your email I never knew I had!

Read the full thread and now I can confirm my eyes are square for the day! :) Some great tips in here thanks Nick and congratulations on your success you 100% deserve it!

Anytime bro ;)

It depends on the advertiser but often you find that if you start to haggle with the owner of the offer or even the network itself, you can put some pressure in them not only giving you better terms but also allow you to post leads directly and them making you an exclusive which is ultimately what you want.

Keep on keeping on!

Nick

So - new year and I've decided to kick the booze for a while as it's been getting way out of hand with the partying and the hangovers, ha! :D

Anyway how's everyone getting on these days? Anyone feel they have the urge to chip into the AMA thread please don't hesitate and fire away.

So - new year and I've decided to kick the booze for a while as it's been getting way out of hand with the partying and the hangovers, ha! :D

Anyway how's everyone getting on these days? Anyone feel they have the urge to chip into the AMA thread please don't hesitate and fire away.
Hey Nick,

I've owned and run an ecommerce site for 5 years, but am looking for something more hands off in terms of the operational side, etc..

I know AdWords and Bing and am excited to implement what you've discussed in this thread.

**What networks pay $15-25 USD per lead? This almost sounds like you call these companies direct and sell your lead gen services? Am I way off?

Congrats on your success!

Thanks dude, much appreciated.

I tend to do both but I always negotiate. Even if networks offer me certain terms or payouts (there's tons out there already), the trick is to put pressure on them the same way you would with a direct company.

See how far that rabbit hole goes and get more favourable terms that give you a competitive edge and better perks. That's how you end up winning ;)

Thanks Nick. This almost sounds like the Job Killing stuff that was going around for a while? Similar approach? Their method focuses on going after local businesses to get them leads, etc.. It sounds like you are doing this, but on a much larger scale.

Is the approach similar? I guess I'm trying to figure out how to approach these businesses to introduce my service, get them to buy in, then link my lander/site with their database (via an API I'm assuming?)

**My concern would be them not wanting to pay unless it's automated via a 3rd party network of some sort.

Sorry for all the questions, it's just something I'm really interested in if it's viable.

No probs bro.

Local businesses tend to be too small and most often don't have the resources and operations to make this model work for you.

You want to go after the big boys (or at least medium sized organisations) who are more open to this type of arrangement. It's also much easier getting paid this way.

But yes you are correct, this requires a lot of finesse, networking and razor sharp wit to get a client to give you a service contract and agree to your terms. But hey, practice makes perfect ;)

Hey Nick,

Great thread!

What's your general view on competition in PPC? More specifically, let's say an affiliate is running campaigns within e.g. the car or health insurance verticals. There's lots of big players and comparison sites within those spaces. Is there still room for smaller players to compete through PPC?

Thanks for your thoughts :)

Is there still room for smaller players to compete

There always is ;)

See, it's all about margin. Forget turnover, volumes and all that crap - it's profit that counts, nothing else.

The trick is to squeeze out a margin where you can without cutting corners or using shortcuts, either by applying pressure to the business buying them which is very hard in itself - or go after segments in the same market where click costs aren't as expensive (yep, they do exist!)

The obvious segments are usually dominated by the very large players so you can pretty much forget about competing there.

But remember, these large companies often employ marketers who are just on a basic wage and are usually not as razor-sharp as us affiliate marketers which gives us the edge when coming up with new combinations or segments. That's how the game is won in the trenches by people like us ;)

Now go get em boi!

There always is ;)

See, it's all about margin. Forget turnover, volumes and all that crap - it's profit that counts, nothing else.

The trick is to squeeze out a margin where you can without cutting corners or using shortcuts, either by applying pressure to the business buying them which is very hard in itself - or go after segments in the same market where click costs aren't as expensive (yep, they do exist!)

The obvious segments are usually dominated by the very large players so you can pretty much forget about competing there.

But remember, these large companies often employ marketers who are just on a basic wage and are usually not as razor-sharp as us affiliate marketers which gives us the edge when coming up with new combinations or segments. That's how the game is won in the trenches by people like us ;)

Now go get em boi!

What as awesome response - a million thanks! :)

Have you sold CB products on facebook? If so, how much success have you had , and what methods would you recommend I use?

I used to sell CB products donkeys ago and to be brutally honest, I now tend to stay away from anything that pays a commission per sale or doesn't at least split the risk equally between us affiliates and the advertiser.

I mean, why should we drive expensive potential customers to a store (in other words, free traffic) and only get paid if they end up buying something without asking for a refund? What about all these customers that weren't properly monetised due to potential inefficiency, drop-offs, poor sales tactics, customer support, after sales, etc.? We'd literally take 100% of the risk while the advertiser takes none.

That doesn't sound like a good deal in the real world :)

If you already have an e-mail list that you want to monetise with some cross-selling, then I would say go for it as this would make sense. If you however want to buy traffic/advertising and send these to a shop or store, I'd make sure the risk is shared equally between both parties so you are a few steps ahead and don't risk losing your shirt.

Hope that helps bro ;)

Damn this thread is still alive :D

How's everyone getting on these days? Feel free to fire away if anyone would like to chip in or ask a few.

I used to sell CB products donkeys ago and to be brutally honest, I now tend to stay away from anything that pays a commission per sale or doesn't at least split the risk equally between us affiliates and the advertiser.

I mean, why should we drive expensive potential customers to a store (in other words, free traffic) and only get paid if they end up buying something without asking for a refund? What about all these customers that weren't properly monetised due to potential inefficiency, drop-offs, poor sales tactics, customer support, after sales, etc.? We'd literally take 100% of the risk while the advertiser takes none.

That doesn't sound like a good deal in the real world :)

If you already have an e-mail list that you want to monetise with some cross-selling, then I would say go for it as this would make sense. If you however want to buy traffic/advertising and send these to a shop or store, I'd make sure the risk is shared equally between both parties so you are a few steps ahead and don't risk losing your shirt.

Hope that helps bro ;)
100% ture
i have now list with 200 subscribers and it much better which
cpl you working on today? anything interesting

Your 100% right on what you will need to do to make money online, work like a dog.. I did the same for many years and just had 5.50 GBP when I started nine years ago..

But I can make one recommendation to you .. you need to change the car in your home page.. those merc's
are pretty cheap now a days.. best put something like a Bentley Continental GTC V8 S its a lot more status :cool:

MI
Back