The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

René Wagner

Hey Guys,
I want to start to promote my first offer from maxbounty on outbrain or taboola. Its an biz ops offer and the csmpaign links to a landingpage. Is there anything i should be aware of, like using the right link, shorten the link etc? Is there an step by step guide to run the first campaign?
Thanks alot

Good luck. Have you tested your landing pages and servers already with some inexpensive traffic first?

As far as shortening your links: If your landing pages are on your own server(s) use a server rewrite.
public link => private (server) link
domain.com/12343 to domain.com/landingpage.html?track=12343&utm_$x=ad34568 (or similar)

Good luck. Have you tested your landing pages and servers already with some inexpensive traffic first?

As far as shortening your links: If your landing pages are on your own server(s) use a server rewrite.
public link => private (server) link
domain.com/12343 to domain.com/landingpage.html?track=12343&utm_$x=ad34568 (or similar)
Can you give me some exemples of this kind of traffic? And why is a rewrite important? Or otherwise, what is a rewrite? Thanks for your answer buddy

Can you give me some exemples of this kind of traffic? And why is a rewrite important? Or otherwise, what is a rewrite? Thanks for your answer buddy

If i understand correctly it's to mask the refferal data from the URL at the beginning giving it a better look in an eyes of an Internet user.

eg. your URL for a campaign: yoursite.com/subpage.html?tracker=hj23424h42j&data=blablabla
And you would mask this something as: yoursite.com/campaign

Giving the URL itself a neater look which sometimes helps towards conversions or even visitors

Hey Guys,
I want to start to promote my first offer from maxbounty on outbrain or taboola. Its an biz ops offer and the csmpaign links to a landingpage. Is there anything i should be aware of, like using the right link, shorten the link etc? Is there an step by step guide to run the first campaign?
Thanks alot

I'm assuming you are using a tracking system? Make sure you have your postback URL's setup correctly so you can track what widgets are giving you conversions. If you cannot track where conversions are coming from you will lose lots of money and end up quitting.

Also, you might have some issues getting the campaign approved on Outbrain if you don't have your own lander/content site. Doesn't have to be a lot, but Outbrain likes to see that you have more than just an affiliate page that links to an offer.

I personally wouldn't worry too much about having pretty looking links, I've never found that to make a difference in any of my campaigns. What's more important for you to focus on is your ads, the widgets, and tracking the data so you can optimize. It might be helpful to host a lander yourself so you can optimize with that as well. Some campaigns do well with direct linking, but many do not.

A good idea to split test that actually.

Ok thank you. But why should my link look like landingpage.com/subpage.html?tracker=hdjrxvjzeeujg bla? Is it normal that links should look like that? My landingpage link ist just xxxxx.com/(article) ? Do i something wrong?

OK. It depends on your strategy.
If you ever want a referral to be able to type in a link use a rewrite -- this is apart from the SEO and UX 'eye-candy' of having a clean looking URL.

yes -- how will you accurately track the Clicks out?

You need do do some study on this subject before you spend serious money advertising -- this is essential IMHO
Yes i will use redtrack.io for tracking. I didnt know that my link would look like this. Thought it would work like google analytics.

OK. It depends on your strategy.
If you ever want a referral to be able to type in a link use a rewrite -- this is apart from the SEO and UX 'eye-candy' of having a clean looking URL.
Ok thank you. But why should my link look like landingpage.com/subpage.html?tracker=hdjrxvjzeeujg bla? Is it normal that links should look like that? My landingpage link ist just xxxxx.com/(article) ? Do i something wrong?

yes -- how will you accurately track the Clicks out?

tracking links with parameters and values at DuckDuckGo

You need do do some study on this subject before you spend serious money advertising -- this is essential IMHO

MI
Back