The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Facebook - Unapproved Ads

TynaTwine

affiliate
Hello,

I tried to promote on Facebook a hair product not directly, but via an article about hair loss. I tried 3 different ways and always I received the unapproved message, telling me that it does not meet the requirements for ads. Once I got this message "This ad appears to promote adult products or services".

What could be the problem? What should I do now?

Last edited:
Hello,

I tried to promote a hair product not directly, but via an article about hair loss. I tried 3 different ways and always I received the unapproved message, telling me that it does not meet the requirements for ads. Once I got this message "This ad appears to promote adult products or services".

What could be the problem? What should I do now?

It could be certain words in the copy, or the image(s) you are using. Can you show us the ad?

0252b42499.png

I tried this only on Facebook. Any other suggestions regarding my ad will be more than welcome. I'm here to learn.

You have too much text. FB has a very specific text to image ratio requirement. It's a 20-Percent Text Rule on Ad Images.

Also, it's not likely you will get a health & beauty product ad approved. You will have to try another path. Create a page and put your pitch on the page with links to your landing page and you should be okay.

I highly recommend you read the FB Ads Policies again before pushing on. They are not complicated, but they do enforce them.

Hi!

It being a Hair Loss product it seems like your ad is compliant with Facebook's rules. Plus, affiliate marketing is actually something that's been showcasing great results on that particular social network.

Facebook's Help Community can also be a very useful place for you to visit. You'll see that you'll find an array of different questions that have been correctly answered by both Facebook employees and experienced advertisers.

Follow this Facebook Link and ask away!

Cheers!

You have too much text. FB has a very specific text to image ratio requirement. It's a 20-Percent Text Rule on Ad Images.

Also, it's not likely you will get a health & beauty product ad approved. You will have to try another path. Create a page and put your pitch on the page with links to your landing page and you should be okay.

I highly recommend you read the FB Ads Policies again before pushing on. They are not complicated, but they do enforce them.

Thank you! What I did was to promote an article about hair loss with links to my sales page.
Also I am wondering if facebook not approve articles about health/remedies.

Hi @TynaTwine
I just look at your ad, and i think it's because she is naked. You can promote hair products on FB, you only need a good angle... Story...Advertorial...

Here's an example of someone promoting a hair product... look that she is not naked, and the advertiser is not using a stock img <= Important for conversions.

5efedad9427545c78ea23b42b6729186.png

Sometimes FB will accept an ad showing some skin if... and only if what you are promoting makes complete sense with the ad. But for a hair product it's clearly not needed... it all depends on ur angle.

Hope this helps.

Facebook have some rules about the ads.Please keep that rules and measurements.If they don't agree your ad.Contact them directly or mail.Better another option is to start new facebook page may help your popularity.Use google ads is one of better options too.

If your ad isn't approved for not fully complying with our policies, you can edit it and resubmit for review. To edit your ad:
  1. Check the email address associated with your advertising account. If your ad doesn't get approved, we'll send you an email with details that explain why.
  2. Using the information in your disapproval email, you can edit your ad and create a compliant one. Check this page for editing steps.
  3. Save your edited changes. Once you save your changes, your ad will be resubmitted for review.

If your ad isn't approved for not fully complying with our policies, you can edit it and resubmit for review. To edit your ad:
  1. Check the email address associated with your advertising account. If your ad doesn't get approved, we'll send you an email with details that explain why.
  2. Using the information in your disapproval email, you can edit your ad and create a compliant one. Check this page for editing steps.
  3. Save your edited changes. Once you save your changes, your ad will be resubmitted for review.

I assume this is from a FB help page?

It's good information.

From my personal, not professional, experience promoting on FB. Indeed, even though it seems "extreme" for us, the girl appears to be "naked" for FB, even a girl in bikini on a beach is rejected sometimes due to the type of bikini or the posture etc.

The amount of text in the image is always an issue, use images without text... You have several options to place text without having to duplicate it within the image... You can even place a simple texts like "WHY?!" in the image, something that calls the attention of the users towards the text.

As you have been suggested by several colleagues already, read the FB community chats, they give you very detailed and specific advice.

1- Don't use any bridge link until your ad got approved. If you are using affiliate links in your sale page remove them and wait until your ad got approve if you see your ad is approved and is running then you can edit & place all your affiliate links again on your sale page.
2- Don't use too much long descriptive text.
3- Don't use Images with Before & After.
4- Don't use URL's in your description.
5- Always use a catchy title with a story telling page.

When you are in the Ad Manager, there is a help button on the top right corner.
It allows you to do Live Chat with FB support directly and take out your concern right away.
Try it.

banners
Back