The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Entrepreneur In Affiliate Marketing

Hi! My name is Lionel. I am an entrepreneur in the business model of affiliate marketing.

I’m all about establishing passive income businesses that work for me on autopilot. my_income_proof_Lionel_Johnson_1.png my_income_proof_Lionel_Johnson_2.png Me.jpg

So what's your plan? Are you going for a specific niche, network and traffic source?
Good questions! So I do affiliate marketing. My niche is software. Passive income businesses is essentially a system being put in place and that system working for me.

In affiliate marketing, relying on campaigns alone, can be a dangerous thing to do. One moment, that campaign can earn you a lot of money but the next, it dies. So to avoid that, you want to build a business in affiliate marketing.

You want to build a business that is long term and sustainable. A business that will earn you money despite not running ad campaigns.

I'm not against paid ads, but relying strictly on them is never a good thing. So that's when blogging, having a website, and email marketing comes into play.

When you combine two or all three, along with paid ads and an offer that is either high ticket or recurring, now you are creating a business that will not only make you money on autopilot, but also long term as well.

Having that sustainability is key to maintaining success in affiliate marketing. That is why I promote software. In order to truly build a business online, you need software.

No matter what your niche is, promoting what your audience need, is a lot better than promoting something because it pays good. A lot of products pay good, but not all are good.

Leading with value first will always win over someone just after the sale.

I know I am kind of all over the place, but I hope you understand a little of what I am all about.

Sometimes I can get carried away because I simply love what I do. I genuinely love helping people. I'm not with the hand outs, but I will help as much as possible.

I'm not against paid ads, but relying strictly on them is never a good thing. So that's when blogging, having a website, and email marketing comes into play.

Unfortunately I disagree with this. I totally get that passive income is great (I've also had years of it myself) but you can't say relying on ads isn't a good thing.

If you are good at ads, you scale and make up for the fluctuations, and take a systematic approach to rinse and repeat and be consistent.

When campaigns are consistent without effort - launch more and get them to the same stage, and enjoy the process!

I found that passive income gets boring as there's not much room for improvement and stuff takes time - although it's a great way to earn of course and a good way to diversify income.

Unfortunately I disagree with this. I totally get that passive income is great (I've also had years of it myself) but you can't say relying on ads isn't a good thing.

If you are good at ads, you scale and make up for the fluctuations, and take a systematic approach to rinse and repeat and be consistent.

When campaigns are consistent without effort - launch more and get them to the same stage, and enjoy the process!

I found that passive income gets boring as there's not much room for improvement and stuff takes time - although it's a great way to earn of course and a good way to diversify income.
I said relying strictly on them, without a business behind it isn't a good thing. Not only that, but I also said when you combine blogging, website, email marketing and paid ads together, that you are building a business.

However, relying solely on ads is not a good thing because if you do not have a business behind it, you could find yourself in a deep hole.

I, too, run ads. In fact, I am running them now. But I also have a system in place as well. I'm not just running ads. I never said running ads was a bad thing. Only when there is no business behind it.

WELCOME ABOARD ...
thumbsup.png

━━━●──────────────
You always have to replace customer churn with new customers to continue the cycle.

Also, be wary of who you partner with and what the terms are in the affiliate agreement. If the offeror (grantor) of the agreement is empowered to change the program unilaterally compensation for your work is always at risk.

WELCOME ABOARD ...
thumbsup.png

━━━●──────────────
You always have to replace customer churn with new customers to continue the cycle.

Also, be wary of who you partner with and what the terms are in the affiliate agreement. If the offeror (grantor) of the agreement is empowered to change the program unilaterally compensation for your work is always at risk.
Thanks! And So True! I remember back in 2019, I was a part of this affiliate program at the time.

I was driving traffic to this offer, and I'm talking hundreds of visitors to it. All of a sudden, I get an email letting me know to stop driving traffic to my affiliate link.

I wondered what was going on... then BOOM! Just like that, it felt like a ton of bricks hit me. The creator of the affiliate program tore down the whole affiliate program and created a new one from scratch.

So immediately my link was disabled. I was heated. From that moment forward, I no longer relied on one affiliate product. I started learning how to promote multiple products. Then that's when I ran across a term called product bundling. Essentially combining complimentary products and creating a sales funnel around it.

Long story short, I'm so glad that I did that because by me doing that, I was able to see affiliate marketing in a whole new perspective.

My niche is software
Think you have chosen a good niche
Since software is a digital product, delivery headache is removed, and out of date is also removed since software can be remotely updated, you can also give unlimited number of free trials at no (stock) risk to you, and recurring monthly commissions are another great bonus
I would like to move into online learning next year, offering free courses --> but with affiliate ID's in (some of) the recommended software/tools

be wary of who you partner with and what the terms are in the affiliate agreement

I got bitten once & once is enough
Sent over 1,000 qualified clicks to a network
Never got paid
To be fair it was in the terms
But they knew exactly what game they were playing
But that's fine, it was a very good lesson
Better than reading it in a blog & not taking notice

Life's best lessons bite you where it hurts !!

Think you have chosen a good niche
Since software is a digital product, delivery headache is removed, and out of date is also removed since software can be remotely updated, you can also give unlimited number of free trials at no (stock) risk to you, and recurring monthly commissions are another great bonus
I would like to move into online learning next year, offering free courses --> but with affiliate ID's in (some of) the recommended software/tools
The online learning/education niche is huge! Every now and again, I would promote a course and the payouts are great! Also, that is a very smart way to get affiliate commissions. Offering free courses and then having your audience join the software/tools that you recommend is a huge come up.

That is one way to really monetize your knowledge and it to be recurring??? Yea... that's big money right there!

I got bitten once & once is enough
Sent over 1,000 qualified clicks to a network
Never got paid
To be fair it was in the terms
But they knew exactly what game they were playing
But that's fine, it was a very good lesson
Better than reading it in a blog & not taking notice

Life's best lessons bite you where it hurts !!
Yea... I know how you feel on this one. That's why I take the time out to read all legal documents that applies to me and the customer. I learned this in college. It's one of those things where the average person simply do not read. They don't even touch for that matter, let alone look at it. I, too, find myself doing the same at times; nevertheless, as an affiliate, and it's not talked about too much. It's very rare when someone talks about this other side to being an affiliate, but for me, it's important.

There are companies that I have been an affiliate for a long time now, and I must say, reading that stuff really helped me as an affiliate. I know what and what not to do. Certain keywords I just do not touch anymore because of the companies that I promote. Having that extra knowledge showed me that in order to really succeed, you have to look at it as a business.

Then, when you get into the FTC side of things, it gets even crazier. Huge affiliate companies were shut down because they had violated very simple FTC rules. Some affiliates are having to go to court because of not following the affiliate companies rules and regulations.

These crazy things happened because they didn't look at it as a business. Affiliates can get literal jail time for not folloing simple terms and conditions.

This must be talked about a lot more than usual. We as affiliates must protect ourselves. Especially what's going on in the market. You never know, a situation can pop off like that in affiliate marketing.

I did not want to get too deep into this topic, but I think it's something that should be addressed a lot more often.

This must be talked about a lot more than usual. We as affiliates must protect ourselves. Especially what's going on in the market. You never know, a situation can pop off like that in affiliate marketing.

@Lionel Johnson
The answer is to post about the dangers of affiliate marketing
Every forum member has specialized skills & topic areas
You can help 100,000 forum members
Just share what you know and start a thread

banners
Back