The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Don't use you @gmail, @yahoo as 'From Email' Address in 2017

I

Iss Meftah

This is because of DMARC record updates

DMARC: Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting and Conformance (DMARC) is an email-validation system designed to detect and prevent email spoofing.

In early 2017, Gmail will change its DMARC policy from p=”none” to p=”reject.” This means any message sent using gmail.com in the from address will be rejected (Bounced Back).
The same goes for yahoo

Read more here:
Yahoo Domain list: Yahoo DMARC policy | Yahoo Help - SLN24050
can't send to/from Yahoo Mail addresses: Email service providers can't send to/from Yahoo Mail addresses | Yahoo Help - SLN24016
Gmail updates: Gmail DMARC Update 2017

Always use @YourDomain.com as a From Email in your mailing to avoid any delivery problems.

I had not seen any information on this, thanks for sharing the update.

Although I don't use either and just send them from my domains/websites I know many people that do, so I will let them know about this.

Thanks again.

In early 2017, Gmail will change its DMARC policy from p=”none” to p=”reject.” This means any message sent using gmail.com in the from address will be rejected (Bounced Back).

It will only be rejected if it does not originate from the GMail system itself. This means if you send an email from another email platform and show the "from" path as a GMail address, then GMail will reject it. Other platforms may not.

The same goes for yahoo

According to Yahoo, "Any messages without a proper Domain Keys Identified Mail (DKIM) signature or Sender Policy Framework (SPF) alignment will be rejected". This means not only will they reject any emails claiming to be sent from Yahoo that are not, any addresses that do not match the origins Domain Name Key Identification will be rejected also. This is very good! I expect we will see this in Google also.

I can't blame them, and I expect others to begin following suit. Email spoofing is an epidemic at the moment. A couple of my email addresses are frequently spoofed.

Always use @YourDomain.com as a From Email in your mailing to avoid any delivery problems.

This has always been my policy, with the exception of some services I've used for newsletters. This is the best thing to do, IMO.

It will only be rejected if it does not originate from the GMail system itself. This means if you send an email from another email platform and show the "from" path as a GMail address, then GMail will reject it. Other platforms may not.

According to Yahoo, "Any messages without a proper Domain Keys Identified Mail (DKIM) signature or Sender Policy Framework (SPF) alignment will be rejected". This means not only will they reject any emails claiming to be sent from Yahoo that are not, any addresses that do not match the origins Domain Name Key Identification will be rejected also. This is very good! I expect we will see this in Google also.

Very detailed information. Thank you @T J Tutor for the input.

Using @gmail.com. @yahoo or @hotmail. can cause your message to get placed to junk/spam folder or worse to be blocked/rejected. this will effect your mail delivery eventually.
Several years ago I was using Gmail and noticed my conversions, interactions, responses were going down consistently. I switched back then and now I use Something@MyDomain.com and everything got better.

I prefer to use email addresses from my own domain also because IMO it looks more professional. ;)

The above information is good enough to that there is update in the Yahoo in which at the login and sign up we don't require to @ sign to complete the email address or rest forward part of the email. Its really good to all the Yahoo users. But the email issues are still common in the Yahoo. Due to spam mails in the Yahoo affects the receiving and sending emails.

The above information is good enough to that there is update in the Yahoo in which at the login and sign up we don't require to @ sign to complete the email address or rest forward part of the email. Its really good to all the Yahoo users. But the email issues are still common in the Yahoo. Due to spam mails in the Yahoo affects the receiving and sending emails.

I noticed another problem with gmail, recently in some cases when I reply to an email (not sending a new email) the email goes to the receiver's spam folder and also the other way around.

Gmail's having a lot of problems recently.
A large amount of their IP space has been blacklisted as well, which causes a lot of problems.
Their spam filters are pretty good, but sometimes if your SPF/DKIM are not 100% correct in being published, it lands in their spam as well.

It will only be rejected if it does not originate from the GMail system itself. This means if you send an email from another email platform and show the "from" path as a GMail address, then GMail will reject it.

Exactly, DMARC has nothing to do with the exact domain name itself, but a method of validation who the "from" actually points to the correct DNS of the actual sender. Gmail, Yahoo, or any of the free emails, if legit, will be unaffected.

I have been using reject in my SPF for over 2 years, & still receive legitimate Gmail, Yahoo, & other free email domains.

You can read more about SPF here : SPF: SPF Record Syntax

This is because of DMARC record updates

& what if your own domain has no SPF/DMARC dns entry, & Gmails "reject" policy throws it away? DMARC & SPF are great ways to combat spam & should be welcomed, reviewed, understood, & used.

Last edited:
Tip: soft-fail your SPF (~all) if you hard-fail DMARC (p=reject). You never know when one of your recipients might want to forward an important email.

This is especially important if people forward email from one email address to another main address. I know many people who have various email addresses automatically forwarding to a main address.

banners
Back