The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Do you use GIMP?

greensleeves

affiliate
Because I prefer free things (I'm poor after all!) I decided to download and try out GIMP, which, well, is an open source graphic editing software. It gets the job done and isn't too complex to learn and you don't have to resort to MS Paint ;)
I use GIMP to create nice designs for t-shirts. Then there's this great addon called G'MIC which consists of many photo effects and filters. My favorite so far is Rodilius which creates an awesome glowing effect on your photos. I just takes a while to process the image.
What about you, do you use GIMP or would you like to? It's completely free and there are many tutorials and plugins on the web :)

As someone who has been using Photoshop for over 15 years, I find Gimp to be virtually impossible to use. Some of the tools behave completely differently from what I expected. If I were to give Gimp an honest try, I'm sure I could make it work.

However, the one thing I absolutely noticed is that when it comes to resizing images for thumbnails, Photoshop does the best job of any software I've tried. Even paint.net (which is also free) does a better job than Gimp.

Gimp is good for it being cheap. I have used it for basic things like removing backgrounds, resizing, pixelating, etc. It's pretty basic but hey it works! I don't really need to edit images with anything crazy that Photoshop can do.

I have tried using GIMP however, it feels very weird to use a program that has three floating screens. Even though it is called free Photoshop, I have never been attracted by GIMP. I use photoshop instead. I know people who are master in using GIMP but I can only do basic things such as light and color correction.

I use gimp exclusively, I have never used Photoshop for anything but I don't do any kind of professional image editing beyond the basic stuff of preparing some icons to use them inside my applications and web pages.

I am sure that a seasoned professional will tell you that you can't replace Photoshop with it, but, yet again, Photoshop is a complete overkill if all you do is some light image re touching, you will never justify the investment unless you do some serious creative job.

I think Gimp will do the job for most amateur photographers. After all what are the most used functions for photographers? Cropping, Levels, Colour Balancing and Sharpening- all of which Gimp does sufficiently well, plus localised control quite easily.

I have tried GIMP and compared to Photoshop it just feels a bit clunky to use. Adobe does charge a ridiculous amount of money for their CS packages however, meaning GIMP is great for beginners. They both have very similar tools aswell which makes it a viable option if you can't afford Adobe CS6.

I use GIMP a lot and I have found it to have everything I need to when it comes to editing photos. I do not use it for much more than that, though, so I cannot really speak to any of its other features. It is free, though, and that is certainly an important factor for me that is a plus for them. I would certainly recommend it for anyone.

GIMP is a cross-stage picture editorial manager accessible for GNU/Linux, OS X, Windows and all the more working frameworks. It is free programming, you can change its source code and disseminate your progressions.
Whether you are a visual architect, picture taker, artist, or researcher, GIMP furnishes you with advanced instruments to complete your occupation. You can facilitate upgrade your efficiency with GIMP on account of numerous customization choices and outsider modules.

I use both photoshop for ebook designs and competitions etc and gimp for layouts because of the open as layers feature. I also use a unique tool which allows me to create ebooks and info graphics including squeeze pages through my web browser.

MI
Back