The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Cloning the Merchant landing page?

Zandalay

affiliate
I have selected several digital products to promote on my website based on the appearance, credibility, layout and content among other criteria, and have prepared pages for them. Is it kosher to simply clone the merchant's landing page and the info contained there? Or is it better to embellish and paraphrase the content and even add additional content (articles,photos,etc.) to support the pitch?

Second, I notice that virtually ALL of the affiliate marketer pages I have seen are very long with lots of content repeated several times throughout. Some of these sites might even be considered garish! My pages are quite short with different but relevant information, several buttons to go to the merchant page for purchase. I assume the longer pages are effective and I should revise my pages. Any advice on this?

Thanks in advance.

Is it kosher to simply clone the merchant's landing page and the info contained there? Or is it better to embellish and paraphrase the content and even add additional content (articles,photos,etc.) to support the pitch?

Second, I notice that virtually ALL of the affiliate marketer pages I have seen are very long with lots of content repeated several times throughout. Some of these sites might even be considered garish! My pages are quite short with different but relevant information, several buttons to go to the merchant page for purchase. I assume the longer pages are effective and I should revise my pages. Any advice on this?

Q1 - I would not clone the sales page. 1) It would be duplicate content 2) Redundant info when the visitor clicks over. Take the merchant's best ideas, rewrite, make it better and yes add additional compelling content.

Q2 - Myself and many other pro marketers hate those long garish sales pages. I think the only market they MAY work for is the get rich quick, make money online products. I hope that's not where your focus is because that's the worst place to start. If that's not your target market, then I would not use those long hypey spammy looking pages.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

MI
Back