The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Click Overwites is it Real?

B

bitzer

Moving into affiliate marketing and working through the wiki page from affiliatefix.
One major concern I have with starting is reading about Click Overwrites.

From what I understand or read there seems to be ways once you have created your content and got people to click on your links, there is a perception that those clicks can be overwritten / stolen by other providers?

Is this real, seems very difficult as how would anyone know when someone would click on my website and how could they change any link I have coded on my website?

Many thanks for any comments.

Moving into affiliate marketing and working through the wiki page from affiliatefix.
One major concern I have with starting is reading about Click Overwrites.

From what I understand or read there seems to be ways once you have created your content and got people to click on your links, there is a perception that those clicks can be overwritten / stolen by other providers?

Is this real, seems very difficult as how would anyone know when someone would click on my website and how could they change any link I have coded on my website?

Many thanks for any comments.

Where did you read about click overwrites?

This was an internal Windows issue, an MS Office issue, and a GMail issue years ago, but as far as I know it is not an issue with landing pages or ads.

Now, there have been issue with competitors stealing click thrus from landers in the past. There are some scripts out there which you can add to your landers to prevent the issue. Our AffKit Tools have such a script.

Where did you read about click overwrites?

This was an internal Windows issue, an MS Office issue, and a GMail issue years ago, but as far as I know it is not an issue with landing pages or ads.

Now, there have been issue with competitors stealing click thrus from landers in the past. There are some scripts out there which you can add to your landers to prevent the issue. Our AffKit Tools have such a script.
Many thanks for the quick response and explanation. That is good to hear and I will check out the affkits. I have been reading lots of various (yet older) sites and that was mentioned, so that shouldn't be a problem anymore, 1 less than to worry about. Cheers

MI
Back