The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

[Case Study] UEFA Champions League Final + Push traffic (ROI 87%)

PropellerAds

Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager
PropellerAds Multisource advertising platform
1071_CS_Heineken_CHL_1800x900sm.png

Dear partners, there is a perfect example of combining Push ads with Event targeting. Check it out and prepare your campaigns for future events!

Traffic: Push Notifications
Offer: Heineken Champions League 2019, Weachgroup.com
Campaign period: April 4, 2019 – April 16, 2019
GEO: Brazil
Spent: $485
Revenue: $905
Net profit: $420
ROI: 87%

UEFA Champions League final is coming soon – Liverpool is meeting Tottenham Hotspur in a full English final – and I just felt like making some bucks out of all the hype and hoopla surrounding the event. There are lots of betting offers, but I chose another vertical with a much wider audience. (Yeah, we know wat you think about the dates. The case study was written in March!)

The offer and GEO

Who wouldn’t want to visit a Champions League final? Even if you are not an avid football fan, the opportunity itself looks awesome: before your very eyes, two best teams of the season are battling each other on the pitch.

According to the offer from Weachgroup, Heineken – an official sponsor of Champions League – promises to give tickets for the final to the lucky ones. You just need to register on the website and buy some beer…

A very appealing offer, not to mention that the Heineken brand looks absolutely credible. I’ve found that offer pretty interesting.

It got even better when I discovered that the GEO was Brazil. There are tons of cheap traffic in this LATAM country, and everyone without exception watches football.

The small payout (pay per registration) – of only 1,7 R$ (or $0.44) – didn’t scare me off. It still seemed like a pretty good deal, considering all the advantages.

The campaign settings

Credibility was my priority, so I created a Push campaign (CPC).

I targeted «mobile, Android». The traffic in Brazil isn’t expensive, so I set the targeting to «User Activity – High». While the campaign was running, I blacklisted some ad zones that were not bringing conversions. More about User Activity targeting

Landing page

I didn’t use a pre-lander, because the landing page was catchy enough on its own. By the way, I didn’t waste traffic on redirects.

The landing page contained the info about the possibility to win tickets for the final match and other prizes.

lp_CL.png

The ad creative

There were a few of them available. The most effective one:

Title: Verifique a Caixa de Correio /Check your mailbox for new messages
Description: Assunto: entrega do Bilhete para UEFA / Topic: UEFA ticket delivery

image_2.png

Optimization

I’ve found an ad creative with the maximum CTR. Then I created a whitelist and ran another campaign.

The results

Before the optimization

I’ve spent $381, and earned $687, i.e., the net profit was $306, with an ROI of around 80%.

After the optimization

The optimization increased ROI up to 109%.

I made enough money for the Second campaign ($104) and earned $217, and the net profit was $113.

Stats from PropellerAds

Stats from Weachgroup.com

With all numbers rounded off, my net profit was at $420.

MI
Back