The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Honeybadger

AffKit Ninja
Does anyone know if you can generate affiliate commission by recommending Wordpress plug-in installations?

Here's an example of what I'm thinking -->
  1. Affiliate creates Wordpress theme (or pays a developer)
  2. Affiliate lists Wordpress theme on Wordpress.com search
  3. User installs Wordpress theme from Wordpress.com
  4. Theme control panel recommends plug-in (example --> Yoast SEO Plug-in)
  5. User installs recommended plug-in
  6. Theme control panel recommends paid plug-in (example --> Yoast Premium, $89/year)
  7. User pays for premium version
  8. Affiliate receives commission (example, from Yoast Affiliate Program)
I've also contacted Yoast about this, will publish response in this thread
But according to their affiliate program page there is not a Yoast affiliate program
It's an example, but will the general concept work?

If you have a Shareasale account, check there. I just did some poking around and saw in an article that Wealthy Affiliate finds plugins to promote there. Found it in the #6 section on Affiliate Marketing.

WP has their own referral program for Jet Pack, Woo Commerce and WP.

Does anyone know if you can generate affiliate commission by recommending Wordpress plug-in installations?

6. Theme control panel recommends paid plug-in (example --> Yoast Premium, $89/year)
But according to their affiliate program page there is not a Yoast affiliate program

Sounds like a good plan. From an affiliate point of view, would it be easier to simply do some show and tell type of tutorials where you would recommend hosting, premium themes and so forth? I would use such angle e.g video tutorial about building a website and the recommended themes, plugins etc...

Either option would work anyway, just wondering why go through a theme "auto recommendation"

If you have a Shareasale account, check there. I just did some poking around and saw in an article that Wealthy Affiliate finds plugins to promote there. Found it in the #6 section on Affiliate Marketing. WP has their own referral program for Jet Pack, Woo Commerce and WP.

Thank you for doing that research @azgold
Answers my question, yes it can be done !!

I also found a directory website that lists many WP plugins
www.wpplugindirectory.org
But it's full of direct links - most don't have affiliate ID's? o_O

Our plugin (Scrollsequence) launched and affiliate program (In fact I have registered here to promote it here). So, if you wish to make commissions from recommending a wordpress plugin installation, it is surely possible.

There are also other plugins (for example elementor) - if you register with them, and promote their affiliate link, they give you a nice comission from each sale.

Sounds like an interesting approach, don't have too many experiences with this, to be honest, but I think you should proceed with finding new opportunities and just let us know if you manage to get some offers.

commission.6d5f116d.svg

Commission Rate
Earn up to $120 for eligible annual subscribers and up to $60 for eligible monthly subscribers.
payout.96481aa2.svg

Payout example
If you refer 1 annual subscription per day, you'll earn $3,600 per month.

banners
Back