The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win
Status
Not open for further replies.
@azgold really you make a big difference in my journey

Oh, gosh, now I'm blushing. :D

200w.gif

If I've been in any way helpful, that makes me super happy! :)

WEDNESDAY REPORT
December 9, 2020

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning" (Erwin Rommel)

Diary

Very tough day, a strong new competitor has started ranking top of Google for 70% of my top 10 keywords, my Semrush tracking shows my rankings, but also top 4 competitors tracking (for same keyword) & I will always know at breakfast when I check enemy positions, so its big decision --> fight another SEO battle or find a new niche (in fashion category)? It's data-driven choice, how many hours will it take, against what is benefit?

Things got worse around lunch when my 3rd best selling product went out of stock, & I spent 2 days designing new promos and sales copywriting (learn from Neil Patel), and there's jack sh*t I can do about it but wait for next delivery (after Xmas - perfect), & its my fault because this can happen at any time with zero warning (another lesson learned)

Finally I made mistake with payment setup on affiliate network account so it will be new year before I can get paid, & I learned another lesson something like that quote 'devil its in the detail' you have to read all small print and keeping checking things

Apart from mistakes I earned another $100 on Wednesday, its normally my worst day for commission, & TY mod team @T J Tutor @Graybeard for fixing tables in BBC code

Commission

-TodayThis Week This Month This Year
Commission $101 $508 $1,183 $7,661
Projection $131 (ave.) $917 $4,061 $10,543
Target $129 $903 $4,000$10,000

Last edited:
Sorry to hear you had a bad day. I have a feeling you won't let it stop you from moving towards your goal. I can't say whether to stick with your current site or not but it would be a shame to waste all that work. Is there some angle or exclusive product line, something like that so you have an edge over the competitor(s)?

I think it's pretty normal (and maddening!) that someone copies you and becomes a competitor. It means what you're doing is working, or they wouldn't grab on to your model/market segment.

THURSDAY REPORT
December 10, 2020

"Only in the darkness can you see the stars" (Martin Luther King Jnr)

Diary
  • Outsourced data feed integration to developer & for 1 hour work all software issue ticket are closed, if you read this diary part --> outsource technical work to expert
  • Today I was many hours planning, result its --> enter another SEO battle with new competitor AND also start promoting separate niche (started today)
  • Big weekend --> Friday, Saturday & Sunday expecting monster of sales because its only 1 week then customers lose shipping on time for Xmas guarantee (Amazon & other shops added Xmas shipping info for customers)
  • Commission is $1,335 in 1st 10 days of December, its the most money I earned in 10 days, its a good feeling because at the start it was 100% dream, now must be consistent to follow the plan (before in this thread)
Commission

-TodayThis WeekThis MonthThis Year
Commission$147$656$1,335$7,826
Projection$133 (ave.)$931$4,123$10,619
Target$129$903 $4,000 $10,000

Battle Anthem

Last edited:
the grammatical syntax for pro bono is like 'for free'
so-- The accountant and I are trading our respective services pro bono; my SEO work for his accounting work.
Barter is better word than pro bono?

Average is abbreviated avg or I use the ~ (did i just make that up :D A median daily income could be used for next year.
TY will use avg. instead of ave.

Revenue (or any) projection historically is usually expressed in a median. A median amount will level off the peaks and valleys you will encounter --and help you keep your sanity. Median + goal increase wanted :)
my median is $200 and my goal is a 35% daily increase over historic median <<like that idea
Then there is Logarithmic increase scale and with customer attrition or 'churn' as an opposite decrease. Anyway, if you are looking for real world based statistics ...
Using mean average to calculate average daily commission
Should I use median average not mean average?

I needed to make a MySQL web user with read only permissions and then the nightmare started. A least the website I am doing cannot suffer a SQL injection attack --read only user with permissions on a database with no user data ...
Not sure what this means
Should I ask my developer to make website read only on database with no user data to stop SQL injection attack?

Affiliate Marketing Diary 2020

Affiliate Marketing Definitely Works
I lost my job due to Covid-19 and I have no other source of money so I started my affiliate marketing journey in lockdown with $25 invested in a domain name and hosting

Before I started I read in lots of place that affiliate marketing doesn't work so I decided to try it for 6 months full time 100% effort and see what happens
  • Start date: August 2020
  • Budget: $25
  • Target: $100 a day by Christmas
  • Niche: Clothing/fashion
  • Commission range: 5-10%
  • Traffic source: Google organic search
Month #1 Target
  • $40 daily commission
  • $1200 monthly commission
Month #1 Results
  • $25 daily commission
  • $750 monthly commission
  • Visits: 30k
  • Views: 85k
  • Revenue: $12k
Month #2 Target
  • $60 daily commission
  • $1800 monthly commission

Hi!
Congratulations on your results.
Which web store is this?

Thanks for the reply. I use "webnode" to create websites. Which web store products are you currently distributing in exchange for a commission?

Good question @Pyt
I have rules for stop me getting distracted
It's written on my office wall (really !!)
  1. Physical product
  2. Customers needs this product (to keep warm, to walk, for safety)
  3. Clothing category
  4. Fashion sub category
  5. Seasonal fashion clothing (it's my niche, but there is lots of room so you welcome to join)
  6. Customer rating 80% positive (or 4 from 5 stars)
  7. Brand with register company
  8. Bad SEO & good search volume
Products that pass this test you can get very good ROI --> 20%

Good question @Pyt
I have rules for stop me getting distracted
It's written on my office wall (really !!)
  1. Physical product
  2. Customers needs this product (to keep warm, to walk, for safety)
  3. Clothing category
  4. Fashion sub category
  5. Seasonal fashion clothing (it's my niche, but there is lots of room so you welcome to join)
  6. Customer rating 80% positive (or 4 from 5 stars)
  7. Brand with register company
  8. Bad SEO & good search volume
Products that pass this test you can get very good ROI --> 20%

Thanks.
The answer is perfect... :)

FRIDAY REPORT
December 11, 2020

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat" (F. Scott Fitzgerald)

Diary

Very quiet Friday, normally is lots of sales, didn't even get breakeven $50 today, but on-track for $10,000 target by December 31, most days extra $20-$50 late commission arrives next day & every 2-3 weeks about $50 is deducted

Added keywords to Semrush tracking report for SEO battle with new competitor, starts Monday, created list of 3 best commission products (organic Google traffic 14,000/month) need to re-gain top position on Google

Now have all software tools and key knowledge to scale up my affiliate marketing business, but missing is organization, scheduling & discipline, this weekend adding every action into Google Calendar so Monday-Friday is like machine

Commission

$39

News

So far I was successful in generating 600 clicks
All click and all products are not equal ...

I bought 1068 push ad clicks (nov 30 -dec 1) -- 878 made it past my 'not a bot or garbage' filters then 756 made it to the landing page --and not a single sale.

Interesting to see that AWIN chart (that's who owns shareasale) I am that tiny slice called a media broker. Buying ads to a AWIN vendor. But that chart is meaningless because there is no scale of the number of persons (entities) performing each segment. Earning per entity (participant in each category) ... So, I am still scratching my head over this ...

Anyway enough off topic, just wanted to comment on those 2 points.

Which one are you?

Competitor #1 gets bored, quits
Competitor #2 finds another project, quits
Competitor #3 thinks it's scam, quits
Competitor #4 doesn't understand, quits
Competitor #5 finds somebody to blame, quits
Competitor #6 didn't get immediate result, quits
Competitor #7 ran out of money, quits
Competitor #8 doesn't have time, quits
Competitor #9 has bad experience, quits
Competitor #10 refuse to quit, wins

WEDNESDAY REPORT
December 9, 2020

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning" (Erwin Rommel)

Diary

Very tough day, a strong new competitor has started ranking top of Google for 70% of my top 10 keywords, my Semrush tracking shows my rankings, but also top 4 competitors tracking (for same keyword) & I will always know at breakfast when I check enemy positions, so its big decision --> fight another SEO battle or find a new niche (in fashion category)? It's data-driven choice, how many hours will it take, against what is benefit?

Things got worse around lunch when my 3rd best selling product went out of stock, & I spent 2 days designing new promos and sales copywriting (learn from Neil Patel), and there's jack sh*t I can do about it but wait for next delivery (after Xmas - perfect), & its my fault because this can happen at any time with zero warning (another lesson learned)

Finally I made mistake with payment setup on affiliate network account so it will be new year before I can get paid, & I learned another lesson something like that quote 'devil its in the detail' you have to read all small print and keeping checking things

Apart from mistakes I earned another $100 on Wednesday, its normally my worst day for commission, & TY mod team @T J Tutor @Graybeard for fixing tables in BBC code

Commission

-TodayThis Week This Month This Year
Commission $101 $508 $1,183 $7,661
Projection $131 (ave.) $917 $4,061 $10,543
Target $129 $903 $4,000$10,000
You're the champ! I'm not worried for you, I know you'll find a way to pivot and adapt! Never quitting is the real formula.

Fūrinkazan

Fūrinkazan is Japanese (meaning "Wind, Forest, Fire, Mountain"), a battle flag used by feudal lord Takeda Shingen during Sengoku ("Age of Warring States") period from 1467-1615, period in Japanese history of continuous civil war and battles, banner refers to 4 phrases of Sun Tzu's The Art of War
  1. as swift as wind
  2. as gentle as forest
  3. as fierce as fire
  4. as unshakable as mountain
This my journey in affiliate marketing so far, no 2 days are same, always some new drama & fighting this marketing battles with people you don't know it's like never-ending guerilla warfare

SEO BATTLE PLAN

Objective is re-take 1st position for 3 keywords
Competitor using big budget PPC & 200k social media followers
Reason because lost 14,000 searches/month (3x niche product categories)
Deadline on December 31, 2020

4 SEO Tactics
  1. Swift as the wind --> Page speed improvement (my 3 categories compare their 3 categories)
  2. Gentle as forest --> Emotional SEO to copywriting on 3 category pages (& all contained product pages)
  3. Fierce as fire --> New product pages inside category w/full SEO (@azgold idea, TY) scheduled daily
  4. Unshakable as mountain --> Full technical SEO to my 3 category pages (compare their 3 category pages)
c48aaa8df362e24d29b825133cda7c55_57ce740fbe4e82399945c40d3ff72a79.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
banners
Back