The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win
Status
Not open for further replies.
international average is seven nos before hearing a yes. I find this translates to our business as well when I'm split testing, trying new offers, etc. I typically have an average of six, seven, eight tries at something before I see it jump into the place I need it.
Good point, it can take many tries to crack something. You'll usually have to modify something so many times before the winning formula reveals itself.

Your dedication and perseverance will lead to a fully grounded and predictable business model over this coming year with a very sustainable growth pattern.
The other thing is, sometimes when you research your competition, it can feel discouraging because you might fall into the trap of "my competitor has already done this", but there is ALWAYS a different angle you can incoproate to differentiate yourself!

Proper SEO traffic can convert that well
We used to get 50% conversion on our trade name traffic searches. <<<that is the exception rather that the rule
We used to get 1:15 to 18 (about 6% paid and 30% free registers) from Google AdWords some years ago before they almost doubled their prices ... that was just buying SEO ...

If someone searches purse and name she is probably likely to buy something.

Here's a good one for you ...
I bought a tactical armored plates carrier vest from Amazon and it didn't fit properly so I had to return it -- I was reading reviews at Amazon and someone mentions https://www.opticsplanet.com/ncstar-vism-plate-carrier-w-external-hard-armor-pockets.html (for buying the plates --Body Armor --Amazon does not sell them) i bought one (a carrier tac vest) there -- not exactly what I wanted but the right size and 40% less money that the Amazon seller... so reviews can backfire LOL Bezos won't miss my $74 Things are getting weird here --they were conspiring to kidnap the Governor and attack the state capital here in Michigan, Trumpistan ...

Point is: I am a motivated buyer -- I already got Level IV plates that I bought at a very good price. That is the difference between creative advertising and directive (or demand) advertising. No one is *usually* looking for some specific Nutra or dating website --the sales that you get are primarily impulsive and not because the buyer was seeking out what you had *specifically* That explains the CR ratios.

William Souza was here as he took member after member through a campaign over a few days and showed them specifically they could earn $750 in a day or two.
That's really cool, was it a webinar style? Any way to check it out or is it not on here anymore? Will definitely look for the email notification for when he's back.

Good point, it can take many tries to crack something. You'll usually have to modify something so many times before the winning formula reveals itself.

Make your formula for scale generic
Example is you sell product A and it delivers $100/day
Use the formula for product B,C,D >
Because one day product A stops working - why?
  • Manufacture went bust
  • Out of stock
  • Out of season
  • Product recall
  • New product line
  • Better price on competitor site
  • Any other reason
I learnt this fast & the hard way
You must keep testing and deploy your new ideas
@T J Tutor is right you must fail in order to succeed

Nope --our conversion rate on certain trademark and branded keywords was 30% or more ...

I was selling a brand that people wanted (and Knew) I was working for the Brand --we did have competition in the same industry -- there were other 'similar products' our product was 'specialized'
Ever sell Mercedes? BMW, Jaguar and Range Rover might be your competitors -- but you are Mercedes --you are special.
If you are in the market to buy a luxury car -- you might buy one of them.

When you slap shit against the wall hoping some will stick your numbers will scale --different ball park --different game.

Prime buyers are buying free shipping.
That vest i bought at opticsplanet was under the $50.00 free shipping offer. So, I bought an EMT bag that has MOLE fastening webbing for another $18. The shipping was free at that point but I bought more LOL. It's a psychology prime free shipping.

• I guess you can sell an existing Amazon customer ONCE?
  • If you refer that sale --you get Paid Once and not based on the customer LTV.
  • If you refer a new customer who buys you get Paid Once also.
  • Are those the correct terms?
The cookie basis of retention is a freaking joke -- cookies LMAO
Here today gone tomorrow.

Last edited:
That's really cool, was it a webinar style?

Yes, he would select several of our members to join in on the webinar and prepare them before hand having them set up their servers, etc., so they were ready to put a campaign into action on the webinar, then a follow up webinar two days later with results.

Any way to check it out or is it not on here anymore? Will definitely look for the email notification for when he's back.

I'll see if we still have those old webinars archived.

Final Update

Thanks for following my 1st month in AM
Some members have asked for proof of income/traffic
I made a decision hard copy its not for sharing (maybe wrong decision)
So this is last post on thread
  • Start goal --> $100/day (Xmas)
  • Now --> $60/day
  • Category --> Fashion
  • Revenue --> Amazon
  • Traffic --> Google
All I can say is this
  1. Set your goal
  2. Make action plan
  3. Be consistent
  4. Then don't f*cking quit!
Affiliate marketing does work

No, the reason why is :
  • The terms of the payment processors (or in a large corp like Amazon
  • (if they(Amazon) process with Visa-Net directly [sponsored by a member bank])
  • is that the point of sale (the payment processing)) ;
  • It is REQUIRED to be 100% under control of the seller.
  • That's carved in stone.
Another issue is that you need (are required by Visa Net) to have PCI-DSS secure payment servers using off internet database servers for security. Realistically, to operate PCI-DSS servers you need to be processing over $500,000 per month to even consider this.

What you could do is make a pseudo-cart and forward the cart's contents to the seller's cart --in theory but I doubt the seller would allow it for security and reputation management on the part of the seller.

I would classify this idea as unworkable unless you could get the seller's preapproval of the plan.

Some members asked to start updating again
I can do it but documents are private
Vote what you like

1. Start updating again - with statistics :ninja:
2. Start updating again - but no statistics :eek:
3. Don't update any more :p
4. I'm new, er what's going on? o_O

Vote what you like

You have a thirsty audience showing appreciation. Give them what they want, and they'll gladly give you what you need!

Vote what you like

Honestly, just continue to update. It's your call if you want to post statistics or not, I personally find the updates more valuable anyways. Cheers!

Affiliate Marketing Diary

Affiliate Marketing Definitely Works
I lost my job due to Covid-19 and I have no other source of money so I started my affiliate marketing journey in lockdown with $25 invested in a domain name and hosting

Before I started I read in lots of place that affiliate marketing doesn't work so I decided to try it for 6 months full time 100% effort and see what happens
  • Start date: August 2020
  • Budget: $25
  • Target: $100 a day by Christmas
  • Niche: Clothing/fashion
  • Commission range: 5-10%
  • Traffic source: Google organic search
Month #1 Target
  • $40 daily commission
  • $1200 monthly commission
Month #1 Results
  • $25 daily commission
  • $750 monthly commission
  • Visits: 30k
  • Views: 85k
  • Revenue: $12k
Month #2 Target
  • $60 daily commission
  • $1800 monthly commission
That is awesome! Congratulations on successfully running your site!!!

Project Update
October 22

So we are 1 month into it since this thread started Sept. 22

October target was
--> $1800 ($60/day)

Average now
--> $65/day ($2015 projected/Oct.)
-->$550 in last 7 days is my record week so far

$200/week is from Amazon Associates program
$150/week spilt between 5 affiliate networks

Started 2nd web site in prep. for Black Friday & Cyber Monday
Same niche (fashion), been planning for long time
Took 24 hrs to set up & rank top of Google (long tail, low traffic)

November target begins in 9 days
--> $2400 ($80/day)

Some other things
--> I am taking tax & accounting v.seriously
--> This is not side hustle any more it is full time job
--> How is all this possible? I work every day, log every thing good or bad, test new products all the time, 1st hour every day on Google Trends, keep making technical fixes, listen to podcasts, monitor competitors, this is f*cking hard work, but it's freedom and I won't quit

Last edited:
Ve
Project Update
October 22

So we are 1 month into it since this thread started Sept. 22

October target was
--> $1800 ($60/day)

Average now
--> $65/day ($2015 projected/Oct.)
-->$550 in last 7 days is my record week so far

$200/week is from Amazon Associates program
$150/week spilt between 5 affiliate networks

Started 2nd web site in prep. for Black Friday & Cyber Monday
Same niche (fashion), been planning for long time
Took 24 hrs to set up & rank top of Google (long tail, low traffic)

November target begins in 9 days
--> $2400 ($80/day)

Some other things
--> I am taking tax & accounting v.seriously
--> This is not side hustle any more it is full time job
--> How is all this possible? I work every day, log every thing good or bad, test new products all the time, 1st hour every day on Google Trends, keep making technical fixes, listen to podcasts, monitor competitors, this is f*cking hard work, but it's freedom and I won't quit
Very interesting! Keep it up! I'm still working on my first site. Trying to structure it and I'm focusing on making sure that the content is concise, to the point and not blah blah. It's tough since I'm still trying to rank for specific keywords, so I'll need to fit them all in there.

Trying to structure it
Read this:
Create good titles and snippets in Search Results - Search Console Help

I'm focusing on making sure that the content is concise, to the point and not blah blah.
Some customers like blah-blah-blah
But put it under your concise answer

It's tough since I'm still trying to rank for specific keywords, so I'll need to fit them all in there.
Today I am testing something @T J Tutor said about voice-2-text
I found in Chrome with Editor app
Type with your voice - Docs Editors Help
Maybe its easier?

This weekend its test test test
--> Does my content rank for Google Assistant?
--> Is it faster if I speak content instead of tap/type?
--> Does it help to create internal A.M. knowledge base (wiki style, but w/step-by-step-guides)?
--> Can Google Translate make pages perfectly into Spanish?
Will post results on Monday

Is it faster if I speak content instead of tap/type?

If the application you are using is a comprehensive learning program, it will take a few weeks for the application to learn you and for you to learn the application.

It really relies on how comprehensive the application is.

Hope you find it a great addition to your tools as I have with Dragon.

Last edited:
Hi @EuronGreyjoy , I'm fairly new to all of this so some of this is overwhelming to me.

If I read everything correctly, should your daily routine for posting look like this ?

1) Find trends in your niche (fashion)
2) Find problem to solve in trends (good white t shirts)
3) Post solution to problem (Top 10 White T-Shirts)
4) Include affiliate links for white t shirts in post

You mentioned that you have an e-commerce plugin installed, how does that function ? And also, when do you decide to use PPC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MI
Back