The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Campaign Breaking Even... then PFFT!

1solo

affiliate
I have been running a low payout offer on one traffic source for a few days. I got conversions and was breaking even.. When I was about to test landing pages, Suddenly, it DOES NOT CONVERT anymore.. Even direct linking doesn't convert.

I was so excited in split testing direct linking and landing pages while trying to find new traffic sources, but suddenly, costs eat up my campaign. Now, it barely make any conversions.

I know i didn't do anything wrong. Did the traffic on that country from that ad network got saturated that fast?

Facts:

- still receiving the same amount of impressions when it was converting
- newly uploaded LP did not got much traction, but I was hoping I could fix that WHILE GETTING CONVERSIONS from my direct linking campaign.
- I am on a new traffic source now and STILL IT DOES NOT CONVERT.

Im really at lost here guys, any input would be highly appreciated.

Thank You.

Is it possible that your campaign has been stolen? There is a script in the Dojo that fixes that. @crysper provided a great script to control this.

There are some black hat techniques that some use to steal not just your landing page but also your traffic and conversion. I haven't done this and don't know the specifics of how it's done, but it does occur. I have had it happen to me a couple of times. In the Dojo AffKit Tools, @crysper has a script for us that steals the traffic and the conversions back without the thief knowing.

There may be other issues also, maybe you are suddenly getting a bunch of bot traffic. You may need to use partner blocking in your traffic source to eliminate any bot traffic or fraudulent traffic.

Also, maybe day parting will help to resolve some of this issue.

Can they steal my conversions even it is a private offer? @tjtutor.

Im not even at that point of dayparting since Im getting conversions throughout the whole 24/7. (but was going to that route too, was just prioritizing split testing on my LP and DL.)

Feeling frustrated now.

also maybe one thing, you were getting scrubbed by advertiser
What's your campaign? CPL? CPS?
Ask your AM
or last option is change the offer

also maybe one thing, you were getting scrubbed by advertiser
What's your campaign? CPL? CPS?
Ask your AM
or last option is change the offer

About scrubbing.. Im not sure. My AM is not in today but I will definitely ask.. Also this offer is a private offer - CPI.

Yes, it is common for CPL or CPI offers being scrubbed (I don't remember if scrubbed is the correct term) by advertiser
But usually advertiser via AM tells you to stop sending traffic to that offer
"Hey your traffic wasn't good, please stop it"

But it is just one possibility, there are many reasons why your campaign stop converting like tjtutor said.
Banner blindness, offer saturation, etc etc

What's the amount of traffic you get per day and what are the conversion numbers before and after.

If you get for 5 days, 3 conversions daily than for the next days 0-1 conversions, it may be just a random thing,it happens.

if you get 100 conversions daily, than 10, then:
1)the advertiser or network filters your conversions and pays you only when it converts on their backend
2)they scrub, but it's less likely, they do this only on affiliates with high conversions

Just ask your affiliate manager and see what he says.

It's not a case of stealing your lander since you get the same results with direct linking, most likely is something with your account or just bad days.

Last edited:
What's the amount of traffic you get per day and what are the conversion numbers before and after.

If you get for 5 days, 3 conversions daily than for the next days 0-1 conversions, it may be just a random thing,it happens.

if you get 100 conversions daily, than 10, then:
1)the advertiser or network filters your conversions and pays you only when it converts on their backend
2)they scrub, but it's less likely, they do this only on affiliates with high conversions

Just ask your affiliate manager and see what he says.

It's not a case of stealing your lander since you get the same results with direct linking, most likely is something with your account or just bad days.

For 3 days, I have a consistent 30-50 conversions, then 0-1 on the 4th day. I really had to pause, tried another traffic source, still the same conversions. I already asked my AM, still waiting for a response.

We'll see. I guess maybe because of capping issues too. Thanks @crysper

For 3 days, I have a consistent 30-50 conversions, then 0-1 on the 4th day. I really had to pause, tried another traffic source, still the same conversions. I already asked my AM, still waiting for a response.

We'll see. I guess maybe because of capping issues too. Thanks @crysper

Keep us up to date. Interested to see if it comes alive again.

MI
Back