The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

My Facebook Ads Campaign Strategy

OscarMike

After 2 failed Facebook ads campaigns in the last month, I've decided to change my Facebook ads strategy.

I'm advertising a print on demand product.

I spent $100 on ads for each design. According to PPC Coach, if I don't have 3 sales after spending $100 on promoting a design, I should stop the campaign. I've spent $200 in total.

I've been using the Conversion objective (purchases). For both of my stores, I didn't get any sales, add to carts, or initiate checkout.

I've been thinking about changing the objective to Conversion (add to cart). This will make my ad appear to people who will most likely add the product to their cart. Studies have shown that 98% of people don't buy a product when they first click on an ad and see the product page.

From there I can retarget them via email or on Facebook ads.

I'm also thinking about launching a worldwide campaign instead of just targeting the USA. Landing page views are more expensive for the USA, with all else being qual.

What do you guys think?

Thanks

Since this is product based, have you done a reasonable study of consumer interest, competitor sales and success, intelligence research as to what specific angles, hooks, and triggers are working?

Since this is product based, have you done a reasonable study of consumer interest, competitor sales and success, intelligence research as to what specific angles, hooks, and triggers are working?
I'm promoting a product with a similar design to a hot selling product on Amazon. This product has a lot of sales (according to JungleScout) and 4.5/5 star reviews. I hired a designer on Fiverr to create a similar design (I used my competitor's design as inspiration). I'm promoting a funny coffee mug. This gets a lot of exact searches on Google. So there is demand for it.

I would find a way to narrow the targeting to the specific demographic and then provide a humorous angle/hook/trigger aimed specifically at that demographic.

Do you like this coffee cup?
[Image]
Do you think this is funny does this make you laugh?
[See all of them!]

Well at least you won't have to pay for the clicks when they're not interested by having a leading ad.

The sword cuts both ways I guess you can try it I don't know if it'll work.

I ran into similar issues with my own small business. Changing your ad objective to 'add to cart' seems like a smart pivot. It's a smaller commitment for the customer but still engages them with your product. I did something similar and saw a decent increase in engagement.

Going worldwide could also be a good move. When I broadened my targeting, I noticed certain regions had a surprisingly strong interest in my products, which I wouldn't have discovered if I'd stayed USA-centric.

Besides, I suggest you dive into video content. Remember that Facebook videos drive a lot of traffic, and their algorithm is the easiest one to get your videos viral. Just post your videos from aged accounts, of course using proxies, antidetects browsers, etc. To enhance a few organic views at first and to let FB know that your video is worth it, get some Facebook video views. I always get around 1000 views in the first week, and after this, the algorithm does all the work.

Last edited:
banners
Back