The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Best Channel to comunicate with affiliates ?

That's really funny that everyone keeps blaming Skype but still keeps using it. I do too :(. Such a strong force inertia is.
It's time to turn to Telegram, it's a really powerful tool.

Oh, telegram has it's charm, but it's not really a sustainable place to move the entire Ad:tech industry. It's like a completing tool

At this point it would be a lost cause since all of the ad tec h industry more or less sits on Skype. It's not the ideal solution to be honest, but what can we do :)
And Microsoft and the NSA listen in ... We choose our own poisons I suppose ... Most open-source software still uses IRC and even antiquated mail lists for certain support functions and bug reporting today :eek:

The advantage is workflow and time scheduling -- having Skype messages popping up can be disruptive. Unless, like a salesman waiting for a call -- a message creates a new prospect opportunity or a new sale.

From a buyer's POV: 90% of Skype business messages are useless sales solicitation and interruptions when not in direct response to some question of general inquiry.

All that said, I do have three instances of Skype running on devices here -- so like you say --*unfortunately*-- Skype is the LCD (least common denominator) communication method -- years ago ICQ was -- I still use that too. I have OTR
end-to-end encryption with ICQ using a Pidgin client -- at least no one else is listening ...

Off-the-Record (OTR) Messaging allows you to have private conversations over instant messaging by providing:

Encryption
No one else can read your instant messages.
Authentication
You are assured the correspondent is who you think it is.
Deniability
The messages you send do not have digital signatures that are checkable by a third party. Anyone can forge messages after a conversation to make them look like they came from you. However, during a conversation, your correspondent is assured the messages he sees are authentic and unmodified.
Perfect forward secrecy
If you lose control of your private keys, no previous conversation is compromised.

Hi guys ,

How are you , just wanted to know which program you use to communicate with your affiliates .. I find that Skype sometimes messes up with links I send ..

Any other program you recommend?

Thanks guys
Hey,

I do use Skype to for work and I do sens a lot of links too. Indeed when you send a link on SKype, it shows a preview with the link redirected already. I have a very very usefull tip on Skype to avoid that. just put "!!" at the begining of any conversation and than the link you implement in the message you send will be written properly with neither preview, nor redirection. ;)

Skype and Discord are this two top tier programs to communicate with affiliates. Also if you're having stable group which you are contacting everyday consider Slack :)

Hi guys ,

How are you , just wanted to know which program you use to communicate with your affiliates .. I find that Skype sometimes messes up with links I send ..

Any other program you recommend?

Thanks guys

One of the best ways to keep in touch with the affiliates is by email. Skype is also one of the good options, but I would go for email as it is more convenient to use.

Normally 99% affiliates/publishers use skype, So skype is best communication channel and for those day livechat also use full :)

We prefer Skype and Telegram. But soon everyone will switch to telegrams.

I don't think telegram can replace all together Skype and the current communication channels. The large majority of this industry is still working with Skype and that can't change, telegram would def be a completing tool, but not a main tool.

Responsibilities of managing for affiliate marketing channel is communicating with affiliates. The most common of communicating with them is email newsletter.

Skype really can be a mess sometimes (pretty often actually) but it won't go anywhere. I personally use Telegram for communicating with publishers as well, but Skype is much more popular. I'd say, 90% publishers use it.
For Asia-Pacific region, publishers are more active in Facebook.

We have created a facebook group for our affiliates. Our main objective with that is we wanted to create a channel for continuous engagement. It's still in its initial phases but it's going good. We post some good tips & tricks that affiliates can use to increase their sales. It's also a great place for affiliates to collaborate amongst themselves & learn from each other.

A combination of the on top of points might frame many items of participating communication that your affiliates receive after they return on board – thus begin from purpose one and work your manner through.
Email marketing
Create a part on your web site
Social Media

What does everyone use to "email" special messages to their affiliates? MailChimp and the rest really don't let you do affiliate communication per their T and Cs. I use "mautic" to send email campaigns to my affiliates.

MI
Back