The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Begginer learning process with failure

joeyyyy

Hey, I am Jakub from Czechia (excuse my English) and recently I have decided to dedicate my time and money to affiliate. I am total beginner, but I have started to do something instead of just reading ~ 4 days ago. I prefer to learn "in process". But, I still cant set up trackers properly and havent got any conversion yet.

What I have tried in education type of offers:

1) Made a blog with 1 article and pop up banners (optimonster - do you know about some cheaper option? Their basic plan is quite limited) which led to the offer page (ClickBank). I was getting CPV traffic from Adwords. (you can see 3rd try - after some correctures)

2019-04-10 10_38_51-609-968-7116 - Google Ads a tento počet dalších stránek_ 8 ‎- Microsoft Edge.png

Problem was almost nobody clicked on my pop up banner -> probably the users expected something else from my blog.

2) I have also tried Propellerads and tried to do Direct linking with pop unders to the offer page. I chosen two offers I believed they can bring me at least conversion. Also, I paid for lot of views, but the results are not as I expected, please see the screen from clickbank:

2019-04-10 11_02_51-.png

Too many hops in the first offer + 4 free trials - I dont feel it will be transferred to some conversions... Spend 25$ for both propellerads campaigns.

I have read we should avoid Direct linking. I know its not much effective.. maybe its worth it just in certain type of offers?

3) Tried FB ads with direct linking which was approved first but banned afterwards. Also Bing PPC but no traffic from that.

If you have any opinion on this, please let me know, I will try more for the next time and probably will not to do a Direct anymore.

Aren´t the numbers suspicious? From 100 000+ hops 0 conversion? What is the approx average conversion rate with direct linking please?

First of all;
. But, I still cant set up trackers properly and havent got any conversion yet.
Tracker is not a generic product. What Tracker? You fail to mention the tracker's name (the product) You are asking for a shirt without telling the size -- same thing ...

1. How many of those clicks are real users (people) and how many are not real people? How are you filtering that?
  2. How long are are REAL people staying on that landing page and how many are just bounces? [X] what! click ...
  3. This is a statistic that is not given by affiliate network offers so it is really rhetorical.
  4. You really need a Key Performance Indicator (KPI) that is a measurable value that demonstrates how effective that offer's landing page is -- beyond $x hops and $y sales
There is a problem here
  1. bad traffic
  2. bad landing page
  3. bad product (offer)
One or more of the above 'baddies'. Until you understand what the problem is you cannot try to solve it.

You are asking "how long is the string?" Direct linking can succeed but you need the right offer selling page, the right product, the right buyer (transaction -- finance) and some other variables.

What are you basing your choice of the offer on?
  • some 'ad spy tool'
  • ClickBank's own data (gravity or other)
  • some trend research done independently
  • or, your own gut-hunch or other subjective selection

I have read we should avoid Direct linking. I know its not much effective.. maybe its worth it just in certain type of offers?

Maybe it's worth it for some offers, but 99/100 times it's not. If direct linking was so easy every affiliate would be rich AF. When you direct link you bring nothing more to the table than the next affiliate that's direct linking. You have nothing better than him. A landing page sets you apart.

What type of offer are you promoting? What country? What's the payout?

100k visitors direct linking with no conversions is really no surprise. I'm assuming you're promoting a higher paying offer. Those 100k visitors all didn't want to see your ad either. They were interrupted with your popup on some other site when they were trying to do something completely else. Another reason to use a landing page to catch their attention.

Cool, thanks. It was education type of offer, American countries and India + Egypt with the most views. Payout 100$ which is bit higher.

India is one of the tougher GEOs to crack. Not many really have money to blow. I'm assuming they had spend quite a bit on the product for you to get $100. Seems like an offer better suited for wealthier countries.

It doesn't seem like you've spent $100 yet, so you shouldn't expect to see conversions. The higher the payout, the more money you need to spend to get conversions. Higher payout doesn't mean you make more money either.

banners
Back