The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Are you fulltime or parttime?

I'm part time, I work full time as a web developer. I've been looking for a way to monetize my skillset for a while now, and I'm really just testing affiliate marketing to see if it's viable for me. So far it looks like it will be. I'm modifying my sites and testing different ad configurations, and I'm starting to have a good time viewing the results of my work. Best of luck to you all.

I'm targeting US traffic and have been doing this for...3 weeks? Less than a month.

I've been promoting PPL(pay per lead...lead generation) offers full-time for over 18 years.
Not bad man, sounds like a long and prosperous career. I wish i had that many years on me for this.

When I started there were no CPA networks, so I had to develop my own offers and lead buyers. Once CPA networks started to pop up I also started getting offers from them and direct from advertisers, which I've been doing for over 16 years now.
How is that working out now? Still as interesting and ongoing as it used to be.

However, what I really do is really monetizing 3rd party data, which is data that users have provided permission to receive messages from third parties. Which is 100% can-spam compliant. I promote PPL offer because there is no credit card / purchase required to complete an offer. So they provide the path of least resistance to generating conversions and converting the data into cash producing assets.
When you say third party, you mean data you don't own, but 'rent'? CPL = PPL it sounds to me, and i understand why it is a lower payout but a more safe payout.

I've done extremely well. The online lead generation industry is a multi-billion dollar market. Done right, you can make stupid money.
So how big a part have you reached into? ;) haha.

I'm mainly in the US market as that is where the bulk of the data exists. I plan on doing some in the UK as it is growing. I never touch the CA marker because they have a much more stricter law regarding permission.
UK is growing rapidly atm, along with France and Poland in the EU. But there is a lot of geos on the up, i know that a few years ago Brazil was one of the fastest growing markets, but haven't heard anything lately about it. CA is just crazy with both laws for e-mail marketeers and systems providing services to them so i never done anything there aswell.

Might as well chip in my 2 cents :)

1. Full time
2. Finance CPL by day, smashing Tequilas at night.
3. Excellent - although I wish Starbucks had a delivery service! :D
4. UK and a bit of EU
5. A good few years!

Nick

1. Full time
4. UK and a bit of EU
5. A good few years!

Nick

Interesting and succinct, as always! :D

Not bad man, sounds like a long and prosperous career. I wish i had that many years on me for this.

How is that working out now? Still as interesting and ongoing as it used to be.

When you say third party, you mean data you don't own, but 'rent'? CPL = PPL it sounds to me, and i understand why it is a lower payout but a more safe payout.

So how big a part have you reached into? ;) haha.

UK is growing rapidly atm, along with France and Poland in the EU. But there is a lot of geos on the up, i know that a few years ago Brazil was one of the fastest growing markets, but haven't heard anything lately about it. CA is just crazy with both laws for e-mail marketeers and systems providing services to them so i never done anything there aswell.

The business is very systematic / step by step, so you can get burnt out. At the same time, it can be very profitable, so that helps to keep it exciting. You can also automate functions and hire VA's to do the grinding work. Which you really have to do eventually if you want to scale.

3rd party data, I either buy or I get it through rev-share deals. Rev-share is data that you get for $0 upfront cost and then split the revenue generated from sending it, with the data provider.

I also manage / monetize other companies data on a profit sharing basis. Which is similar to rev-share, but you are dealing directly with the list owners. Where with rev-share, you are usually dealing with a data aggregator and you can get different quality levels of data. Where you can often get crap data and you just have to test to find the good data sources within all the sources the aggregator is getting.

I also broker data, develop custom mailing / data monetization software and run a coaching program.

So I have done really well for myself.

1. Full time
How does it feel to wake up every morning and think oh shit i am late...... Wait i'm da boss! ;)
If only i liked tequila, i need to be drunk for that haha.
Depending on where you live, 7/11 started doing drone delivery so start ordering there ;)
4. UK and a bit of EU
Since you do UK, you work with Monetise? Good people.
5. A good few years!

Nick
And i hope many more to come mate!

The business is very systematic / step by step, so you can get burnt out. At the same time, it can be very profitable, so that helps to keep it exciting. You can also automate functions and hire VA's to do the grinding work. Which you really have to do eventually if you want to scale.
That is true, i have at points thought this is so boring, i want to do something exciting, but in the back of my head when i think now. I think that all business's will be boring at one point and it's up to one self to motivate one self.

3rd party data, I either buy or I get it through rev-share deals. Rev-share is data that you get for $0 upfront cost and then split the revenue generated from sending it, with the data provider.
I know i have tried it with some good success, and it is the fundation on which i have built my empire today. I am selflearned but i got some data back in the day, that helped me make my fortune.

I also manage / monetize other companies data on a profit sharing basis. Which is similar to rev-share, but you are dealing directly with the list owners. Where with rev-share, you are usually dealing with a data aggregator and you can get different quality levels of data. Where you can often get crap data and you just have to test to find the good data sources within all the sources the aggregator is getting.
I would say those i worked with had same quality of data back them, but i can imagine most of those i knew back then has started 'giving' out data to the first one who wants to make money and with time it does turn bad. And some people even 'steal' data which also makes it illegal.

I also broker data, develop custom mailing / data monetization software and run a coaching program.

So I have done really well for myself.
Not bad, i am happy to hear everything is going well!

Hello all.

I have read a few posts here and there now, and i am curious to understand more business methods and also how well it is going. Not only this i would also love to get a bigger network, since there is so many inspiring souls out there.

@tyoussef, @azgold, @Hunter S Robbins and more. So here are my questions:

1. Are you fulltime or parttime
2. What do you do in details
3. How is it going
4. Which geos
5. How long have you been doing it

My turn: I am a 30 year old guy who sometimes act like i am 18 ;).
1. I am fulltime and i have been this for 4-5 years now
2. I startet as a e-mail marketeer and now i am an advertiser and i am close to expanding my portfolio with many new projects such as a gateway, nutra and more.
3. It is going quite well and i am doing more and more per day since i am using 90% to reinvest.
4. I work mainly in the Nordics, FR, AU, UK and looking to expand to US, CA, BE, NL, IT, ES.
5. Been doing it for 4-5 years and loving to wake up to it everyday.

Hope this will be a thread that will get some good answers and some open minds!
Dennis

Don't have time to answer in full but I am full-time :)

Soooo tempting to answer:

1. Are you fulltime or parttime
→ trying to get back to 365/24/7 :D

2. What do you do in details
→ adding ads and articles to the www.​

3. How is it going
→ pretty well, but still plenty of room upwards :affiliatefix:

4. Which geos
→ homeland, sweet homeland
(the one with the former Berlin wall, not the Mexican wall :eek:)​

5. How long have you been doing it
→ 4 and a half years, but also 2 and a half years lost due to crappy health issues :p,
but never mind, I still loooove <3 this biz :affiliatefix::)

Last edited:
... Saturday morning, 7 am, and she kicks me out of bed...
For that I'd know an antidote :D

You doing SEO?
Currently only paid advertising.
For SEO just the usual stuff which is provided by the plugins + good, high PR backlinks - if I can get them :rolleyes:
Quality content is the most important factor in SEO. Everything else comes by itself.

Last edited:
1. Are you fulltime or parttime - Fulltime.
2. What do you do in details - I've done pretty much everything, these days I focus mostly on leadgen.
3. How is it going - I've seen better and also worse times :)
4. Which geos - Many of them, adapting all the time
5. How long have you been doing it - since 1998 :)

banners
Back