The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Are you fulltime or parttime?

PurePay

Hello all.

I have read a few posts here and there now, and i am curious to understand more business methods and also how well it is going. Not only this i would also love to get a bigger network, since there is so many inspiring souls out there.

@tyoussef, @azgold, @Hunter S Robbins and more. So here are my questions:

1. Are you fulltime or parttime
2. What do you do in details
3. How is it going
4. Which geos
5. How long have you been doing it

My turn: I am a 30 year old guy who sometimes act like i am 18 ;).
1. I am fulltime and i have been this for 4-5 years now
2. I startet as a e-mail marketeer and now i am an advertiser and i am close to expanding my portfolio with many new projects such as a gateway, nutra and more.
3. It is going quite well and i am doing more and more per day since i am using 90% to reinvest.
4. I work mainly in the Nordics, FR, AU, UK and looking to expand to US, CA, BE, NL, IT, ES.
5. Been doing it for 4-5 years and loving to wake up to it everyday.

Hope this will be a thread that will get some good answers and some open minds!
Dennis

I'm way older than the 4 year old my wife tells me I am. But you probably can understand where she gets it from if you read the joke in my signature. I'm a realist. I like to be honest with myself and others. I try hard not to share strong opinions about things I don't understand. On my best day, I would rate my skill as being in the early stages of intermediate. I have a much stronger understanding of the principles of IM, than I have experience and skill in implementing those principles.

I'm part time, looking to go full time. My monthly profit from my campaigns has been stable in the lower 4 figures for the past several months. I came here looking for help in stepping my game up to the next level.

I started with sniper sites... which every time I think about the path from SEO traffic, niche sites to running paid traffic, I am reminded of these words from Charles Ngo, "getting bad advice at the start of getting into internet marketing can delay your progress by years." I'm a living example to that! But, I lived to fight another day. In the end, persistence triumphs over ignorance.

I too reinvest almost all of my profits back into building my business. I invest in testing offers, training, tools.

I run mostly CPL offers to US, CA, UK. Because of the modest size of my budget... $350 to $650 ad spend per week ... I look for offers between 3 to 9 dollars. But I'd definitely test 1 buck offer with a high avg. network EPC.

My goal for 2017 is to increase my profits by $15 per week. Each week I aim at having 15 more bucks in profits than I had the week before.

I am committed to IM for as far down the road as I can see.

thanks for the Question @DennisIPedersen.

@tyoussef I am a 24 year old guy
1. I am full time for like 2 years am a developer , before i got into internet marketing . and am still developing .
i don't only run campaign i have lots of other things going on these months, but i will get back to promote e-commerce offers once i finish every thing that i am doing currently .

I'm way older than the 4 year old my wife tells me I am. But you probably can understand where she gets it from if you read the joke in my signature. I'm a realist. I like to be honest with myself and others. I try hard not to share strong opinions about things I don't understand. On my best day, I would rate my skill as being in the early stages of intermediate. I have a much stronger understanding of the principles of IM, than I have experience and skill in implementing those principles.

I'm part time, looking to go full time. My monthly profit from my campaigns has been stable in the lower 4 figures for the past several months. I came here looking for help in stepping my game up to the next level.

I started with sniper sites... which every time I think about the path from SEO traffic, niche sites to running paid traffic, I am reminded of these words from Charles Ngo, "getting bad advice at the start of getting into internet marketing can delay your progress by years." I'm a living example to that! But, I lived to fight another day. In the end, persistence triumphs over ignorance.

I too reinvest almost all of my profits back into building my business. I invest in testing offers, training, tools.

I run mostly CPL offers to US, CA, UK. Because of the modest size of my budget... $350 to $650 ad spend per week ... I look for offers between 3 to 9 dollars. But I'd definitely test 1 buck offer with a high avg. network EPC.

My goal for 2017 is to increase my profits by $15 per week. Each week I aim at having 15 more bucks in profits than I had the week before.

I am committed to IM for as far down the road as I can see.
Haha aren't we all babies inside ;).

Good to hear that you are learning and i to have felt on my body not getting not only the right advide but any advice at all. I never had a mentor in any part of what i know today and i still work my way to learn everything by looking at others or trying myself.

$15 a week seems like a modest amount, why not be bold and say 150?

thanks for the Question @DennisIPedersen.

@tyoussef I am a 24 year old guy
1. I am full time for like 2 years am a developer , before i got into internet marketing . and am still developing .
i don't only run campaign i have lots of other things going on these months, but i will get back to promote e-commerce offers once i finish every thing that i am doing currently .
Not bad. So you not only build sites for others/yourself but you also know how to promote them. That is a deadly combo i wish i had learned. I did try to take an education as a programmer but gave up due to it being boring and slow learned. Today i know basic HTML and it does good for me, but i wish i had stuck it out and now could do both.

Good job mate!

I am full time for like 2 years am a developer

As I keep saying, you guys did a great job on purelander. Which do you prefer web application development or IM?

why not be bold and say 150

Crawl, walk, run. That's my motto.

Here is what I end up with at the end of 2018, if once a week I can just add 15 buck increase to my daily profit for 52 weeks. That doesn't include increasing my profits in 2018. I only includes maintaining the profit level I built up in 2017.

I guess for that to work I would need to pick some pretty stable niches. But anyway...

15 bucks times 52 weeks = 780/day profit by the end of 2017. Beginning 2018, 780 bucks times 30 days = 23,400 dollars per month = 280,800 per year.

Sounds much bolder to say that by the end of 2018 I want to go from lower 4 figures to lower 5 figures per month and earn over 280,800 dollars a year. :cool:

Not bad. So you not only build sites for others/yourself but you also know how to promote them. That is a deadly combo i wish i had learned. I did try to take an education as a programmer but gave up due to it being boring and slow learned. Today i know basic HTML and it does good for me, but i wish i had stuck it out and now could do both.
you still have time to learn just learn by doing .
when you have time take a look and see how people do it and module them :)
after a while you will find your self knowing a lot of things .

Part time. I am usually juggling a lot of other things at the same time.

I like display (flat rate monthly or PPC), dabble in search, contextual, social and mobile. I particularly love being able to do RON campaigns to kick them off but that's expensive, so doesn't happen often. Really like watching those numbers run up.

3. How is it going

Haven't done it enough lately to say good.

4. Which geos

Mainly English speaking countries but very occasionally will try a foreign country if I think the offer is good (one that I know of from this part of the world) and the creatives are in the native language.

Signed up here sometime in 2012. In October of that year, after reading K's Newbie411, I bought a domain and hosting, something I'd never done before in my life. Started blogging. Remembered that I hated blogging. Started trying and working with other methods. And here we are.

Prior to CPA, I earned from AdSense and Amazon, as well as freelance writing.

Not sure if they are still called that.

As far as I know they are still 50onRed.

Do you have a favorite display network that you tell others about?

Not really. I like self-serve, easy-to-use platforms that have actual live people with few to no botted clicks. Okay, none is probably not realistic. :)

For flat monthly rates, you either need to approach site owners or use a site like BuySellAds or Blogvertise, something like that. Gotta research any of those sites before you use them! Not the referring companies, the individual sites. Just because they're listed, doesn't mean they're good.

I did forget to mention that one of my all-time favourite platforms is ZeroPark. It's redirect/zero click traffic but I love working with it.

That's all I can think of at the moment. I didn't talk about YT because I didn't do much with it.

* Should I say Occasional going part time? haha.. I've been full time in the past but, something went off and made me lose my way.

* Way back, I just spam and spam. Yep!
Today, I'm studying long term methods, but with spam.. just kidding. Automated I guess?

3. How is it going
* Still working on it, but I am positive. XD

4. Which geos
* Anything goes.. but mostly US.. wanted to target FR.. BIG BUCKS!

* I started way back when I was 16? So, I'm 24 now.. LOST a lot of time.. zzzzz

But hey, never to late to get back on track again. HAHAH!

Part time. I am usually juggling a lot of other things at the same time.
Job or kids? (I know it is a woman thing since i ask for kids, but you never know hehe)

I like display (flat rate monthly or PPC), dabble in search, contextual, social and mobile. I particularly love being able to do RON campaigns to kick them off but that's expensive, so doesn't happen often. Really like watching those numbers run up.
Haha that is what i loved when i started too, and still do. Nothing more satisfying seeing what you do is the right thing.

3. How is it going

Haven't done it enough lately to say good.
How come?

4. Which geos

Mainly English speaking countries but very occasionally will try a foreign country if I think the offer is good (one that I know of from this part of the world) and the creatives are in the native language.
That makes sense, i myself is using onehourtranslations.com if i need translations, because it's cost effective.

Signed up here sometime in 2012. In October of that year, after reading K's Newbie411, I bought a domain and hosting, something I'd never done before in my life. Started blogging. Remembered that I hated blogging. Started trying and working with other methods. And here we are.

Prior to CPA, I earned from AdSense and Amazon, as well as freelance writing.
I tried bloggin aswell, not to make money just to share my thoughts. It was fun but i got bored fast, so i can relate haha.

you still have time to learn just learn by doing .
when you have time take a look and see how people do it and module them :)
after a while you will find your self knowing a lot of things .
I know, but my mindset is hyper, so i always focus on where the money are coming from, not where they could be coming from. So it is a good and bad thing. How long have you been coding mate?

* Should I say Occasional going part time? haha.. I've been full time in the past but, something went off and made me lose my way.
That sucks, but if you have the drive for it, you shouldn't let anything get in your way. What would it take for you to get back on track?

* Way back, I just spam and spam. Yep!
Today, I'm studying long term methods, but with spam.. just kidding. Automated I guess?
Mails or?

3. How is it going
* Still working on it, but I am positive. XD
That's the spirit mate! :D

4. Which geos
* Anything goes.. but mostly US.. wanted to target FR.. BIG BUCKS!
I never been in the US, but i will look at it in the future. We agree FR has gotten a good rep over the last few years as being a untouched area and is growing for all marketeers.

* I started way back when I was 16? So, I'm 24 now.. LOST a lot of time.. zzzzz

But hey, never to late to get back on track again. HAHAH!
I started when i was 17 with my own pimp game haha, then i got out of it and now i have been selfemployed for 5 years soon (30 years old) so it never to late to make big money ;)

:D As it says in my profile pic, I am female, you're right. :D
I have a few offline commitments that I can't ignore.
But aslong as your keep your skills active, then you don't have to start all over when you come back you will be good ;)

@DennisIPedersen , you're a good interviewer. :) You even got our beloved @EymardSiojo to come home, lol.
I have never heard that before, so i will take it as a compliment :D

I've been promoting PPL(pay per lead...lead generation) offers full-time for over 18 years.

When I started there were no CPA networks, so I had to develop my own offers and lead buyers. Once CPA networks started to pop up I also started getting offers from them and direct from advertisers, which I've been doing for over 16 years now.

However, what I really do is really monetizing 3rd party data, which is data that users have provided permission to receive messages from third parties. Which is 100% can-spam compliant. I promote PPL offer because there is no credit card / purchase required to complete an offer. So they provide the path of least resistance to generating conversions and converting the data into cash producing assets.

I've done extremely well. The online lead generation industry is a multi-billion dollar market. Done right, you can make stupid money.

I'm mainly in the US market as that is where the bulk of the data exists. I plan on doing some in the UK as it is growing. I never touch the CA marker because they have a much more stricter law regarding permission.

banners
Back