The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Affiliate Network - Do I Need One?

Sarah Kelly

affiliate
The affiliate has an option. They can either work with numerous merchants, or they can deal with an affiliate network. Why should a marketer want to work with an Affiliate Network?

I remember a pal informed me a story some time back. He had actually built a small website and had actually signed up to end up being an affiliate at a stack of various affiliate programs connected to the subject of that site. A couple of weeks after he had actually set up the website including links and banners from several affiliate programs, he turned his attention to other service interests and lost interest in the site.

A couple of months later, he discovered that a couple of checks had started arriving from the affiliate programs he had associated. Not large checks, but amounts for a couple of dollars here and there. That was his very first issue-- as he was living beyond the USA, lots of percentages result in lots of bank charges. (Which makes me ask - Why can't all countries allow affiliates to bank checks at NO CHARGE?).

The checks continued to come in, and although some of them were published on his wall as they were so small he couldn't bank them, he wasn't grumbling as he was making money he hadn't anticipated. It ended up that his website had actually ranked high up on particular keywords in a major search engine, and he was getting a fair amount of targeted traffic totally free. A couple of months after that he decided to log into all the affiliate accounts he had actually registered with, and observed that some of them had actually not paid him as the quantities were too small, a few of them had not paid although they must have, and some even showed that they had actually sent him amounts that he didn't recall receiving checks or EFT or paypal or any other payments for!

How does working with an affiliate network prevent this from occurring, and is this the only reason to work with an affiliate network?

An excellent affiliate network has a variety of various deals which the affiliates can promote, and almost all the affiliate networks combine the quantities the affiliates make from the various campaigns. This suggests that the affiliates receive a CONSOLIDATED payment rather than numerous smaller ones.

It likewise makes fixing up the payments simpler, as you simply log into one affiliate network, and can see a summary of each of the projects you have promoted, how much you have made from them, a summary of how much you have actually made in general, and how much the affiliate network has paid you to date.

Also, as soon as you work with one campaign in an affiliate network, the other projects work in a comparable if not identical method-- the tracking is the very same method, the location you pull the creatives from is the exact same, the way you inspect your stats is the same-- and almost always, all of this can be accomplished by logging into one backend site rather than many different websites.

So now you are working with one log-in, where you can actually get to comprehend the system.

Nevertheless, even with the very best of affiliate networks, things fail-- but with an affiliate network, you would be allocated an affiliate supervisor, who will help you figure out any concerns you experience. Not 50 different affiliate managers-- one for each project you are running, as would be the case if each merchant was a standalone merchant with their own affiliate program-- but one affiliate manager for all the projects. And by building up a relationship with your affiliate manager, when you do need answers, you have one person to turn to.

Of course, once you become an expert very whaling affiliate (the type that lies on the beach while the money gathers-- HAS ANYONE REALLY ACHIEVED THIS? See this area for a future story about the affiliate beach goers!), you'll require specific projects to promote, which is why, even the best of affiliates belong to numerous affiliate programs and affiliate networks. This provides even more problems.

So my recommendations when starting out is to pick one or 2 affiliate networks, end up being familiar with their system, develop a relationship with the affiliate supervisor, test out the various projects they have, and let them assist you achieve the success and results you wish to attain.

They can either work with numerous merchants, or they can work with an affiliate network. He had actually built a little website and had signed up to end up being an affiliate at a stack of different affiliate programs related to the subject of that website. Even with the best of affiliate networks, things go incorrect-- however with an affiliate network, you would be assigned an affiliate manager, who will help you sort out any issues you come across. Not 50 various affiliate managers-- one for each campaign you are running, as would be the case if each merchant was a standalone merchant with their own affiliate program-- but one affiliate manager for all the projects., you'll need particular projects to promote, and that is why, even the best of affiliates belong to several affiliate programs and affiliate networks.

1. Why the wall of words?
  2. Many affiliate programs/networks have to pay people internationally.
    As of today, there is no one stop international payments system.
    This international payment issue is caused by governments and their financial regulation actions.
  3. Affiliate programs, (and other business services), have a self-interest in on-boarding new partners
    however expecting them to guide your hand is not realistic. Should a business partner have some
    specific question or issue it would be in their self-interest to address it.
Personally, I prefer working with US based or anchored businesses (FED) as they can ACH payments directly to my banking. PayPal is my second choice for international payment. People in the Euro (ECB) like EFT made by EU businesses or use PayPal.

If you don't live in the first world --and are restricted with PayPal; payment is an issue.

I know from experience that ClickBank doesn't direct deposit anywhere except the USA. They send cheques to Canada, which are held for five days by the bank because they're foreign currency.

Most Canadian and U.S. networks use PayPal but I know that not all countries can access all payment processors and not one payment processor can work with all countries. So, maybe your friend would have better luck dealing with networks and direct advertisers in his own country, if it's a real problem for him.

And those are some good reasons that you pointed out for working with networks.

As for the "whaling" affiliates with 50 different programs....they have a staff. :)

banners
Back