The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

A product with 11% conversions rate. I got many hops but no conversions

Leon_

affiliate
Hello,
I launched my first google ads display campaign promoting a Clickbank offer with direct linking.
I luckily I got the final website URL link that contains my affiliate id so I used direct linking in my campaign. All the hops was directly to the main offer landing page.
I was having a good amount of impressions however, the CTR wasn't high. I was getting a good amount of clicks but I didn't get any conversion.
I got around 229 clicks from 14.2k impressions.
View attachment 26417

So I was wondering how can I improve this campaign to get a decent amount of conversions meanwhile the product mentions that it has around 11% of conversion from cold traffic.
So I was hoping to get on each 100 click, let's say pessimistically 1-2 sales.
View attachment 26418

To be honest the targeting wasn't at it's best, I'm sure that I can optimize the targeting and make it more narrow.
I guess affiliate marketing at it's start that easy as simply setting a campaign and enjoying conversions as most YouTube channels and gurus tries to portrait it.

What do you think of this results and how can I aim for effective conversions?
Thank you.

Last edited:
229 / 14200 = .01612676 or 1.6% that's pretty (decent|better than average) for display ads

Less than 3 conversions says:
  1. You are over selling [--ad creative]
  2. The offer does not convert
  3. You might need a bit larger sample 400 to 500?

Thank you for you explanation.
If you please can explain what do you mean (Over selling [ad creative]), I didn't get it.

The offer's affiliate page claims that top affiliates earn up to 50K per month, I guess this is what made me believe in this offer.

A larger sample of clicks you mean?[If so, for example, When I get a sample of 400-500 clicks and let's suppose that I make one sale, the cost will be higher than conversion value, so it won't be profitable]
Thanks again!

The offer's affiliate page claims that top affiliates earn up to 50K per month
Always use an intelligence tool for network offer research and some affiliate programs. They'll show you the ads that convert, the landers that convert, and other critical data (geos, etc.).

If you please can explain what do you mean (Over selling [ad creative]), I didn't get it.
Search to find out about over selling
TL;DR: Promise more than the offer can deliver.

A larger sample of clicks you mean?
Yes. Law of averages. You may have to spend 2 to 3 times the payout amount to get the first sale. From there you can try to optimize. No point in trying to optimize something that won't sell at all.

banners
Back