The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

2021 Popunder - still profitable?

El Galactico

affiliate
Hello Guys I think this is the best way as a starter to get my feet wet is to start with popup/popunder traffic as far as I read. My question is are there still people that run this traffic and still be profitable and is it possible to reach like 50$ a day doing this? I've joined Monetizer and Mobidea I think these networks are appropriate for this kind of traffic and what's your opinion on Popcash or Popads traffic sources whats your experience with these and should I bot-test their traffic?

I played around pops many years ago and with Popads and Popcash. Both were good in 2017 for me. Popads rates were a bit higher than Popcash at the time. It has been a long time since I've done pops and I have lost touch with that model of the the years.

I know we have a bunch of successful members here that are still heavy into pops and hopefully we'll get them to come by and add more specifics here.

I played around pops many years ago and with Popads and Popcash. Both were good in 2017 for me. Popads rates were a bit higher than Popcash at the time. It has been a long time since I've done pops and I have lost touch with that model over the years.

I know we have a bunch of successful members here that are still heavy into pops and hopefully we'll get them to come by and add more specifics here.
Thanks sir I hope they will join but your info is highly appreciated already!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Guys I think this is the best way as a starter to get my feet wet is to start with popup/popunder traffic as far as I read. My question is are there still people that run this traffic and still be profitable and is it possible to reach like 50$ a day doing this? I've joined Monetizer and Mobidea I think these networks are appropriate for this kind of traffic and what's your opinion on Popcash or Popads traffic sources whats your experience with these and should I bot-test their traffic?
Popads is very tricky and only work for a few verticals that usually do not have leads reversal/ chargeback and conversion flow needs to be simple. Revenue share model will not work well so don't bother with using pop traffic for any revenue share model.

Example of a good vertical. Push subscription. Conversion process is very simple, however the payout is too low to be profitable. And usually for such CPA offer, the advertiser is actually making money from the traffic back of your traffic which you are not paid for. If a lead exist in the database, the traffic get redirected to a different offer which you are not paid even if conversion happens. Nevertheless conversion from traffic back is usually poor anyhow.

Click2SMS is pretty good for pop traffic. But you need to be aggressive with blacklisting. Meaning, every 10 -20 hits no conversion, blacklist the site. Once you identify a few profitable zones, make sure you optimize down to the browser/ OS version/ carrier and right down to hours of the day to run your ads. The only issue in this case is scaling as you most likely will be able to make like a few dollars per day per GEO after such aggressive blacklisting process.

Click2Call is another potentially good offer but usually on revenue share model which is not what pop traffic is good for.

1 Click used to be good for pop traffic. But nowadays I find that the conversion is alot harder. From own experience, I would give this offer a miss with pop traffic.

Zeydoo has this finance survey offer that is converting easily (in the beginning) but it is getting harder to convert now since they do not pay for duplicated leads.

Dating is very erratic. As some times, you get conversion and try to use a whitelist. But it just won't convert once you uses a whitelist and your cost of bid gets a lot higher. So I will avoid dating if I was using pop traffic.

CPI with a good prelander is quite good for pop traffic. Usually extension for Chrome converts well.

Tech support also converts well with a scary prelander but unfortunately such offer is frown upon by traffic sources.

In case I miss out anything, please feel free to add on. Cheers.

MI
Back