The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate
Four figures a day, that's the holy grail
That's gonna be quarter of a mil after deductions
0-7496_transparent-daffy-counting-stacks-4-ur-blog-daffy.png
Did the video help you understand about bot traffic? That was the best one I could find which goes in depth.

Going to assume that was Ezmob? 50% is far too much, did you try and claim a refund?
That assumption is correct, they have told me they would talk to me about the traffic quality then decided to ignore me (been two weeks today, will be sending them a final reminder today before writing my review here)...
But I must say the Propeller bot traffic also exceeded 30%... (will also be mentioned when I write my review on them)
I suppose some of those bots could have been filtered out by me would I have known what I was doing... But then again I never expected I would have had to filter them out as actively.
If you don't mind me asking how much did you spend on push traffic?
I don't mind, total spend for both offers and both sources a little over $300

Did the video help you understand about bot traffic? That was the best one I could find which goes in depth.
It's gonna be helpful for when I start using anti-bot software
But can we go back 1 step
What is bot traffic?
I sometimes see some robots in my Google Analytics reports for SEO traffic
But that's usually Google reacting to when I make major website changes to menus/navigation/content
What's puzzling me here is if I pay for traffic why would "a bot" "click" my push link?
What does the bot gain from this activity?

From a very o_Oo_Oo_O Honeybadger

@Aiden L that's scandalous behavior, who would stoop so low? :rolleyes: I thought everyone was friends
Ok so, let's suppose my push ads are for Nike tennis socks
Am I right that only a competitor who is fighting that specific niche would send bots to kill my push budget?

What is bot traffic?
Info copied from ; What Is Bot Traffic? | Digital Advertising Fraud | CHEQ

Good Bots
Good bots are industrious worker-bees. They automate tasks such as web crawling, updating sports scores and weather, and a host of other things which make the web easier to use.
SEO: Search engine crawler bots crawl, catalogue, and index web pages (e.g. Google
Website Monitoring: Checking loading times, down times, and so on
Aggregation: gathering information from various websites or parts of a website, collating them into one place
Updates: updating information, such as sports scores and weather

Bad Bots
Bad bots are used by bad actors and fraudsters to carry out account hijacking, web scraping, stealing financial data, DDOS attacks (and as we shall see draining billions in advertising spend across display, PPC, and paid social media campaigns).

Spam: (for e.g. within the “comments” section of websites and fake reviews
DDoS: Bots can be used to take down your site with a denial of service attack
Ad Fraud: Bots can be used to click on your ads automatically

In short bot traffic is when you pay for traffic which turns out just to be AI or bots.

I sometimes see some robots in my Google Analytics reports for SEO traffic
But that's usually Google reacting to when I make major website changes to menus/navigation/content
This is just google crawling your website trying to locate changes. Thats an example of a good bot.
What's puzzling me here is if I pay for traffic why would "a bot" "click" my push link?
What does the bot gain from this activity?
People set up bots to auto click your ad to drain your budget. They want to wipe you out as you're a competitor. The bot gains nothing as it's not a real visitor. People set up bots for many malicious reasons but this is the main one. People will do anything to be rank #1, trust me this is a much bigger problem for google adwords than it is for push.
From a very o_Oo_Oo_O Honeybadger
Trust me we've all been there;)

@Aiden L that's scandallous behaviour, who would stoop so low? :rolleyes:
I remember people talking about it on a blackhat forum. It's pretty scummy, but I heard it makes them a ton of profit. Money makes people drop their morals.
Am I right that only a competitor who is fighting that specific niche would send bots to kill my push budget?
Depends due to how bad the targeting options are for push people could be seeing a multitude of things from Iphone sweepstakes to crypto offer to nike socks. People are battling for placement (the person with the best bid gets best placement) so even if they're not in the same niche they may still try and eat your budget. This is why a tracker is so IMPORTANT! You need to stamp these bot sources out at the root so they don't eat up too much of your budget.

Also people bot out their website on purpose so they can start monetising it with propeller. This tends to be the case with brokers traffic which I don't recommend using until you either have a campaign that's on fire or you're a seasoned pro at push.

These are all worse case scenarios that someone tries to kill your budget but it can happen and will if you don't track your data correctly and use some form of anti bot protection. It's built in with voluum, someone that uses bemob may be able to confirm if it's built into there too.

Bots are non-human traffic --that you cannot convert --in this context.
I think most bots are fake automated traffic to increase the revenues that publishers get.
Most traffic networks make a half-assed attempt to exclude this traffic.
Ad-Maven credits you for detected bot traffic automatically. This is what I found from my own testing of various networks.

Long story: I was trying some clickbank offers using 3 ad networks and didn't get even 1 conversion from any ad network. But Ad-Maven's traffic was the best of all 3 from my logs ;)
So, if you have an offer that you have converted successfully, try with the same traffic cohort and compare.

My push ads education finally got going today
Searched YouTube for 'what are push ad notifications?' and filter by most views
Found this vid has 852,000 views and less than 2 years old
Chose it because I've seen @ClickAdilla listed on Affiliate Fix
Tbh this is the very start of my push ads journey

I have a clear aim for the push ads campaign

Objective --> drive traffic to affiliate fashion website in order to click ads and purchase on Amazon Canada (earns a commission)

As stated I'm going to need to confirm 3 demographics

1 --> Country (example --> Canada)
2 --> Gender (example --> female or male)
3 --> Age (example --> 18-25)

Additionally I would like to confirm interest

4 --> Category niche (example --> tennis)

As an example, my site promotes 1 type of product, tennis bags

The push ads campaign is promoting a 50% sale on 'unisex adidas tennis bag for ladies or men'

The average product cost --> $50

My website is very format similar to @SEOBlogPosts site -->
So the next thing I want to know is this

Q --> Where could I buy push ad notifications targeting fashion conscious 18 or 25 years old female and male tennis player living in Canada?
Q --> How do I sign up for Amazon Canada affiliate program?
Q --> What commission percentage do Amazon Canada pay affiliates in tennis bags sub niche?

I need to get as clear picture as possible before I open a push ads account and start testing

Where could I buy push ad notifications targeting fashion conscious 18 or 25 years old female and male tennis player living in Canada?
Not possible, targeting options are not that in depth. Just try to sell on your creatives, something like "Hey! Do you like tennis?:eek:" "Check out this amazing offer, Just for you!"

All you can do is target Canada and use images related to the product and people who are interested will click, people who aren't interested will not.

Not possible, targeting options are not that in depth. Just try to sell on your creatives, something like "Hey! Do you like tennis?:eek:" "Check out this amazing offer, Just for you!"

All you can do is target Canada and use images related to the product and people who are interested will click, people who aren't interested will not.
I've committed to spending $100 and see how it goes
Learning important things from this thread so that's progress already

Screenshot 2021-04-28 203300.png

These are the only push notifications I can find to do with tennis in Canada. They are unfortunately from 2019 however it's just to give a bit of inspiration, the process will be the same. Make sure for your creatives you use Emoji's and capital letters, these catch peoples attention. Also a Phone notification as the little Icon works well. Something like this.
OrSjhv86HGE-0Mokl-Cm7i37CtNVIvSF.png

@Aiden L
Well it's early in my push journey
So still firing off newbie rounds

Can I specify which URL's my push ads go on?

Then I'd look in the list for tennis websites OR URL's that include the word "tennis" (that I'd prescreen)
Perhaps the registered users for push notifications have given their location, gender and birthdate - this forum asks those details

Then I'd have my 4 required nuggets of info
1 --> Location
2 --> Gender
3 --> Age
4 --> Interests

Another question I've been thinking about is go CPM or CPC?
I'm learning toward $50 CPM and $50 CPC to get some data

Getting a strong feeling this $100 pot wont last long !!

banners
Back