The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Wordpress thumbnail upload issues

affiliaterookie2009

affiliate
Hello everyone,

I have found a decent theme for my hosted wordpress blog which allows me to display thumbnails next to my posts on the home page. The media library takes an extremely long time to load and I've tried several plug-ins for this issue with no success. Does anyone know of an easy way to access the images without the extremely long loading time?

I've tried the NextGen gallery but it doesn't display the images. I've also tried the fast insert WP plug in. I have also tried a file sharing program called Drop.io I am trying to avoid uploading from pc's because I actually use more than one pc until I can get a decent laptop.

Thanks a mill for the support!

Are you talking about when you are uploading images to your blog? If so, disable the flash uploader and just use standard upload - you can do that in the Admin CP.

Or do you mean when you're trying to view the actual blog page it takes a long to load? If so, that's an inherent problem with any page that has a lot of images and, depending on how the thumbnails are created (one time and stored vs. on the fly), an inherent problem with thumbnails. Text is fast. But the more images that have to be loaded, the slower the page load.

Thanks alot Minstrel!

I'm gonna try disabling the flash loader and use the standard upload. I was having the uploading issue. I have also came across the actual blog image load issue as well, and I've just started using them less frequently. I decided to go with more thumbnails on the home page.

Now do I have to place a "courtesy of..." on a thumbnail like I do with photo's on posts? I'm using free images from PhotoXpress, and I can't understand how anyone would be able to see the copyright footer for a thumbnail.

Why not just place a link back to PhotoXpress in your blogroll (or footer as an alternative), using the anchor text "Thumbnails courtesy of PhotoXpress" or "Images courtesy of PhotoXpress", whichever is more accurate?

Thanks,

I don't know why I didn't think of that lol. Beats putting it under every single image. If I have more than one free image source, is it okay to place images courtesy "PhotoEpress" and "Stockxchng" for example?

MI
Back