The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Why your Google rankings drop and what you can do about it

That was a nice read. Those are 5 common reasons why SERP positioning drops. Another factor that should be looked into is change in the SE's algo.

Some great Saint Dr.Matt Cutts :p said once "Search engine optimization is like a stream of fresh water. As long as information is flowing from one end to another you remain active in search engine listings. The moment this flow stops, your site becomes stale and does not receive any attention from search engines. :D

Some great Saint Dr.Matt Cutts :p said once "Search engine optimization is like a stream of fresh water. As long as information is flowing from one end to another you remain active in search engine listings. The moment this flow stops, your site becomes stale and does not receive any attention from search engines.

1. Matt Cutts is not "Dr. Cutts". As far as I am aware, he never completed his Ph.D.

2. I think you have to read between the lines a little here. What stream is he talking about? My guess it's it's links...

I suppose in practice they're closely correlated. If your content dries up, chances are your links will too.

it generally happens if your site is ranking well and randomly if you change the content then it will effect in ranking ,if you change the structure it will also effect in ranking so your all five points are right .

From experience just updating your website can have an impace on position in search, if that happens reverse what you did and add the content at the top rather than bottom.

I'm not sure about it. I have some site with a good fresh content however they drop. Others site I just add new content not so frequent has been increased on PR. How about this condition? Google is so mysterious.

PR has to do with the quality and quantity of inbound links you have to the site.
It does not have to do with how frequently you update your content.

Google LIKES new content and it will keep her coming back to INDEX your content.
But just because it is indexed does not mean you will get a high ranking.
High ranking is based on on-page SEO and off-page SEO (links.)

Here's Some of page rank drop reasons:

- Websites inbound links are less and outbound links are linking to either spam or scraper sites
- Site sells "text links" which is not allowed by Google
- Content is updated rarely and no new sites are linking to it
- Site is used by spammers in their comments

Interesting

What a fascinatng article! I have to admit, though, it makes me feel a little nervous starting out that so many things can go wrong despite all one's hard work.

I'm glad there are people out there who know how to solve problems!

Many thanks :D

Some great reasons listed!

In my experience, fresh content is always a plus!

While there are several other reasons that also affect Google, these are some great ones. Eg, there are many pages that manage to keep top spots in the search engines even though they haven't updated in a very long time.

You can update your page everyday and it doesn't mean you will be in the top spot. There's alot more to it, but yes, fresh content definitely helps!

When you say have fresh content, do you mean rewrite static pages of text often?

My copy writing and proofreading service has a few static pages, but mainly it's just a matter of someone uploading what they want to have worked on and getting it back again with some functions that make it easier and a more enjoyable experience.

There's no revolving stock, sales I guess we could do, so nothing changes as such

I'm not entirely sure how I'd change the content other than just rewriting static pages - would that really work?? Surely there are more effective ways.

Any ideas?!

banners
Back