The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

harnur

Hello,

I have been spying/replicating/duplicating/copying some native ads copy that have been running for 26+ days, i have ran 3-4 offers, spend around $300-$400, but i still haven't made a single penny in affiliate commission. Why isn't it working for me?

Till now i was promoting Clickbank offers(weight loss, diabetes etc) but didn't get any success, should i promote something else?

P.S.- Can someone with experience in native ads share their skype id with me, so, i cud talk with them(for few minutes) and get my things right.(i wud appreciate it a lot).

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello @harnur

It's best to discuss here so other members of the forum can benefit from this in future if needed - just like yourself you have probably been looking for answers and are unable to find any.

The main questions that come into my head are these..
How long do you leave campaigns running to collect data?
When you launch a campaign, do you tweak or change stuff or just completely leave it alone?

What does your current launch look like?
How many offers, lp's and creatives etc?

Hello @harnur

It's best to discuss here so other members of the forum can benefit from this in future if needed - just like yourself you have probably been looking for answers and are unable to find any.

The main questions that come into my head are these..
How long do you leave campaigns running to collect data?
When you launch a campaign, do you tweak or change stuff or just completely leave it alone?

What does your current launch look like?
How many offers, lp's and creatives etc?
i spend around $100 per campaign/offer that's equal to 200 clicks. If i am not able to get even a single sale after 200 clicks...then there is no point in continuing.

I use 2-3 creative per campaign+copied landing page(of competitor).
I have tried 4 offers to be exact(solar, self-defense, diabetes, weight loss)...(copied from spy tools).

I don't mind spending more money...but i don't know in which direction shud i move...which creatives shud i promote...or is it even worth it?

i spend around $100 per campaign/offer that's equal to 200 clicks. If i am not able to get even a single sale after 200 clicks...then there is no point in continuing.

I use 2-3 creative per campaign+copied landing page(of competitor).
I have tried 4 offers to be exact(solar, self-defense, diabetes, weight loss)...(copied from spy tools).

I don't mind spending more money...but i don't know in which direction shud i move...which creatives shud i promote...or is it even worth it?

One huge thing I learned when running Natives for a year.. Do you use the same creatives as seen on spy tools?

If so, just remember that millions may have already seen it, and in my opinion it's the most important part (except for the offer)

I made the most money running things my own way, all that you need to know or have proof of, is that an offer converts well. Everything else should be built out from a converting offer.

Maybe go on to try affiliate networks, where you can speak to an Affiliate Manager who has a birds eye view of what works and what doesn't.

One huge thing I learned when running Natives for a year.. Do you use the same creatives as seen on spy tools?

If so, just remember that millions may have already seen it, and in my opinion it's the most important part (except for the offer)

I made the most money running things my own way, all that you need to know or have proof of, is that an offer converts well. Everything else should be built out from a converting offer.

Maybe go on to try affiliate networks, where you can speak to an Affiliate Manager who has a birds eye view of what works and what doesn't.
Can you give your opinion on what TYPE of offer should i promote? Shud i go in fitness/cure-disease related stuff or e-commerce products or maybe something else?
And how many (days+money) did you spend before getting your first positive ROI campaign on native ads?

Can you give your opinion on what TYPE of offer should i promote? Shud i go in fitness/cure-disease related stuff or e-commerce products or maybe something else?
And how many (days+money) did you spend before getting your first positive ROI campaign on native ads?

In my opinion, if there's a converting offer - anything can work and it all depends on how you promote it. One thing that many affiliates overlook is creating new angles, an angle can be the difference between huge losses and hue profits.

Give CC trials a shot, I found success with those faster than others. Take ideas from spy tools, not the whole funnel. Get inspired ideas and add twists to the angle or create new ones and definitely use fresh new, catchy creatives.

Well for me, my first campaign was insanely profitable, because I did the opposite to what most do. As I'm explaining above, I just had enough proof an offer converted well and made everything myself. Found new creatives, thought of some catchy creative headlines etc and became profitable on my first launch.

It's not always as easy as that though of course. That all depends on the offer.

The whole funnel from start to finish could be bad, but if you have a really good offer you will still see conversions. Not positive ROI, but definitely conversions..

Well for me, my first campaign was insanely profitable, because I did the opposite to what most do. As I'm explaining above, I just had enough proof an offer converted well and made everything myself. Found new creatives, thought of some catchy creative headlines etc and became profitable on my first launch.
That says it all really.
Is $0.50 CPC a bit expensive for any display ad (CPM)?

That says it all really.
Is $0.50 CPC a bit expensive for any display ad (CPM)?

Depends on what placements you are reaching, you could have access to top quality publishers therefore it's worth it for the quality of traffic you receive. But if that's broad then yeah I guess.

Different verticals have varying costs too I was told by a traffic source rep.

i pay a minimum $0.74 for mobile and $0.84 for the desktop at Outbrain.

With what CTR? Great? Average? Poor?

To me that seems like the creatives maybe burned out giving lower CTR and pushing up your costs.

Or simply just a highly competitive vertical, and using old creatives you have no chance of being favoured.

With what CTR? Great? Average? Poor?

To me that seems like the creatives maybe burned out giving lower CTR and pushing up your costs.

Or simply just a highly competitive vertical, and using old creatives you have no chance of being favoured.
i usually keep my bid as $0.5, but it automatically increases it to $0.6/0.7 even after getting 0.2% ctr.

that tells me a lot @harner.
I asked a reasonable question and I get a smart-ass question for an answer.

People pay a lot for some ads, especially when there is some longer term value than just a one time sale.
t
And what are you making money selling? What is the sale value?
The offers payout is $39(no recurring). Outbrain charges me around $0.71/click. Currently, i am selling Clickbank products(have spent around $400 in ads - got 0 sales/earning till yet)...i really don't know what shud i promote...cuz, Clickbank offers aren't working for me...maybe you can suggest me some niche to look into.

Native Ads is one of the most expensive traffic methods for beginners / intermediates.

If you don't have a budget of $5-$10k minimum you're not going to get anywhere.

Last edited:
OK lets start over ...

CR means Conversion Ratio not the Click CPC. Is it possible that you are confusing the two?
Your CR rate is -0- or 0 sales.
A CPC CTR is not a conversion for YOU -- maybe it is for the ad seller <<< they made their money off you -- they sold you a 'click' (made their CPC charged you).

That said; what is the 'right niche'?
it is a product with buyer affinity and value.
I know that is a bullshit answer to a bullshit question.
If I knew the perfect product I would be milking it out myself. I have done that at times but sooner or later the cow will run dry.

What markets do you understand, have worked in (or with) and had some success?That is a good place to start --or you will have to do a lot of background research to have any success.

Crypto is so scammy (IMO) but it is trending and of interest to many.

• You may be overselling with your ads?
  • Have you considered that?
  • A person will click and then be disappointed in what is really being offered.
  • 9 times out of 10 conversion problems the content or quality of the offer.

Did you test the offer with inexpensive ads and see how people reacted?

Myself, I am working on a couple ClickBank offers that revolve around self-improvement in developing dating (or love) for both sexes -- 2 offers in a 'smart link' of sorts. M<>F. It's not a typical CPA situation. If it flops as far as revenue it doesn't matter because is it a traffic segmenting and routing experiment. This is more the 'evergreen type niche' but so is weight loss both ideas have been selling for many years in reincarnated variations.

As far as 'Diabetes' remedies go, that is mostly snake oil and as soon as people see what you have to offer, only the very gullible will buy. I think there is too much free information out there -- information is of limited monetization value.

Tip: Calcium Propionate, a preservative used in most baked products, was recently discovered as a substance that may be causing insulin resistance -- the root cause of Diabetes 2. Maybe, you can use that info to make money
Could a popular food ingredient raise the risk for diabetes and obesity?
that is trending ;) But if it is not in that offer -- using that in a prelander for an ad is not going to help >>> the customer will be disappointed and abandon that page.

Trending offers, value added offers -- people buy what they believe in, or people buy proven value -- as a last resort people by as compromise of necessity.

Another 'offer' that may be a good are games for computers and smartphones.

My own research in the USA market shows that to be a viable offer for low-middle to higher middle income segments -- that is like 60%+ of the people seeing internet ads. Western Europe is probably similar -- I am talking about user group participant type games -- some paid subscription. 2nd and 3rd tier I would go with low cost or free CPI ...

banners
Back