The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Which method is right for selling a product?

It depends on the product you are trying to sell. For sure you will need:
  1. Landing page
  2. Good persuasive copywriting
  3. Photos or videos of the product
  4. Traffic to the landing page
  5. E-commerce cart in order to accept payments.
One you have this and the product you are selling is appealing, you can make sales immediately.

There are lots of ways how to sell your products actually. I believe that everything should be dependent on your personal selling strategy and based on marketing strategy. You have to understand that it's kinda difficult to satisfy customers in order to assure them to buy your goods and services. You should spend plenty of time on it mainly because you're not able to sell a particular product without any proper strategy. Speaking about methods, I can note that you should attract more traffic and provide customers with everything they need. Make discounts or various presents for the purchases.

if you want it REALLY FAST you can make on order using your own link :D But seriously, you better study all the technical moments and you'll get as many leads as you want

1. E-commerce cart in order to accept payments.
One you have this and the product you are selling is appealing, you can make sales immediately.
Do we absolutely need the e--commerce cart?

When we use the affiliate link on our landing pages and send it to the product manufacturer's page, their sales page is what takes care of the cart and everything else. At least that's what I have been thinking.

How do we get paid if we don't send the traffic to the product manufacturer's page?

Is it possible to skip the product manufacturer's landing page and go straight to the credit card page when the customers add the product to their cart on our website and still get the payouts???

-

Em

If the seller hosts their own 'cart' or what you are calling a 'credit card' page --a payment form;
technically you could.
Ok. Let me give my actual understanding

Customers click on

MyWebsitedotcom ( Has the URL with my affiliate network ID)

Then proceed to

Productpagedotcom (Hypothetical Manufacturer's Page)

Which takes them to:

Shopifydotcom/ClickBankdotcom/Maxbountydotcom Credit Card/ Order Page.

So my question is, is it possible to do everything on my website itself? Instead of sending them to the Product manufacturer's page Which then takes them to the Affiliate network's order Page?

-

Em

If the seller hosts their own 'cart' or what you are calling a 'credit card' page --a payment form;
technically you could.

People don't just by things --they are sold.
People buy when their needs are met --even when their needs are a desire or an illusion.

Example: I am making a meal right now because my body sold me that I am hungry. I bought the food I did because of marketing over the years and dietary custom.

Show me an unknown item and ask me to buy it --my first question is why should I do that?

No, the selling page has to be the same domain as the actual seller. It in the merchant account's rule book --no cross domain sales.
The are some exceptions made that I have seen --the website's IP address is on the seller's servers with the sales page there.
Yes that's what I had in my mind! But thank you for confirming it @Graybeard !

So my question is, is it possible to do everything on my website itself? Instead of sending them to the Product manufacturer's page Which then takes them to the Affiliate network's order Page?
No, the selling page has to be the same domain as the actual seller. It in the merchant account's rule book --no cross domain sales.
The are some exceptions made that I have seen --the website's IP address is on the seller's servers with the sales page there.

An affiliate network could be authorized to post sales to the seller's server and receive a post back of the transactions status.

You don't sell the product you are an affiliate (in simpler terms). You can't accept money for something you don't own.

People don't just by things --they are sold.
People buy when their needs are met --even when their needs are a desire or an illusion.

Example: I am making a meal right now because my body sold me that I am hungry. I bought the food I did because of marketing over the years and dietary custom.

Show me an unknown item and ask me to buy it --my first question is why should I do that?

Very good one @Graybeard , Clarity with perfection... Clapping

Hi, I am very inexperienced, and I want to make a sale. What method do you suggest to get results quickly?
It is hard to give some general answer here as it depends on what you want to sell, what is your niche, where you want to sell it, and so on, but some basic advice would be to first find an adequate digital platform where you will place your offer and it would be the best if you could make your own website for this purpose. Also, focus on writing engaging copies, product descriptions, inserting some important keywords inside of the, doing the research, analyzing the competition to see what they are doing and how to be better. Also, you will need to pay attention to some technical details as if you will sell online, you will need to find good payment services and methods that work in your market.

banners
Back