The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Where Can Merchants Locate Dropshippers?

Alex Maxim

Affiliate Manager
Affiliate Manager
Higher Grades Faster!™
Hey there guys,
I hope that this message finds you all in excellent spirits, and that you are having a wonderful day.

The company I represent is interested in finding individual dropshippers – particularly those that market to parents and college students – to sell a physical product that it manufactures.

There are lots of articles out there for individuals who want to start a dropshipping business selling other people's products. But there seems to be almost no information at all for merchants who want to contact these dropshippers to sell their products.

So our question is: where do merchants go to find individual dropshippers? We are aware that there are sites such as AliExpress which cater to large wholesaling merchants, but what about non-wholesalers that are based in Europe?

Please do let us know your thoughts. Any pointers, tips or guidance is as ever sincerely appreciated.

With very best wishes,

Alex Maxim

probably where most needles are in haystacks --well hidden :p
good luck
they (dropshipping businesses) will have to discover your company; most likely -- at trade shows and by your own massive, as well as time-consuming, internet searching and a lot of patience, persistence and luck.
buy an ad maybe
Thomas Register - Wikipedia

probably where most needles are in haystacks --well hidden :p
good luck
they (dropshipping businesses) will have to discover your company; most likely -- at trade shows and by your own massive, as well as time-consuming, internet searching and a lot of patience, persistence and luck.
buy an ad maybe
Thomas Register - Wikipedia

Dear Mr Graybeard,
Firstly, thank you so much for your kind and prompt response – which is enormously appreciated – and I hope that this post finds you keeping well.

Given the balance of articles out there, we were beginning to think as much! We quite agree that paid advertising in a directory such as ThomasNet may be one way to expedite things in this direction – either that, or we can start hanging out with Jack Ma at Davos...

Many thanks once again!

With very best wishes,

Alex Maxim

Have you set your niche(s)?

Now, when you say non-wholesalers, are you looking for product owners, or retailers with a referral program?

Dear Mr Tutor,
Many thanks for your kind response – which is greatly appreciated – and I hope that this post finds you having a great day.

To answer your questions:
  1. Our market is educational performance, specifically the 14-21 age category (high schoolers, college entrance, undergraduates, grad school candidates – and their parents).
  2. For the sake of clarification, we are the product owner. What we are looking for is affiliate-type people in the dropshipping community to sell our product on a generous commission basis. We thought that there would be online marketplaces for this kind of thing, but we couldn't find anything for non-giant, non-wholesaler merchants.
With very best wishes,

Alex Maxim

For the sake of clarification, we are the product owner. What we are looking for is affiliate-type people in the dropshipping community to sell our product on a generous commission basis. We thought that there would be online marketplaces for this kind of thing, but we couldn't find anything for non-giant, non-wholesaler merchants.

Okay, I see the errors here.

You need affiliates, not drop-shippers. You are the shipper and you need either affiliates to make the sale or provide the leads, or you need eCommerce marketers to pre-sell the product(s) and process the payment.

I highly recommend:
  • Integrating an affiliate program into the product owners website.
  • Setting up an Amazon Store for the owners product.
  • Setup a Facebook Page for the product owner company.
A big part of online retailing is done by "drop-shippers" but are generally known as affiliates in the eCommerce space. AliExpress is a drop-shipper that caters to affiliates that run eCommerce websites. AliExpress controls the warehousing and shipping in most cases. They are a wholesaler which is what most real drop-shippers are. Online stores use drop-shippers to warehouse and ship the products. The affiliates set up Shopify stores, WooCommerce stores, etc. They do the advertising to drive people to their site(s), pre-sell and/or sell the product(s), process the order (sometimes), or completely pass off the payment process to the product owner/provider/shipper.

We do have members in the edu niche, so you should list the affiliate program in our Resources area.

If the product owner is looking for volume, has a significant and successful product(s), and a solid reputation in the industry, affiliates and eCommerce marketers are the way to go.

I recommend you to join an affiliate network, advertise your offer with them, their affiliates/dropshippers will start selling and making their commissions. Or if you want run your own affiliate program then you need to launch it as affiliate network, but it takes years to bring handful amount of drop-shippers to your own network, any how for future its great Idea to start your own affiliate program.

For your convenience, I can introduce to my own affiliate network, with large base of drop-shippers www.adswick.com, here you can launch your CPA campaign and get results.

Why haven't you registered yourself as the AM and your company and it's program as a resource? Fair Question ...

Dear Mr Graybeard,
A brilliant question!

We're preparing our listing right now. It should be online in the next 48-72 hours.

With very best wishes,

Alex Maxim

Okay, I see the errors here.

You need affiliates, not drop-shippers. You are the shipper and you need either affiliates to make the sale or provide the leads, or you need eCommerce marketers to pre-sell the product(s) and process the payment.

I highly recommend:
  • Integrating an affiliate program into the product owners website.
  • Setting up an Amazon Store for the owners product.
  • Setup a Facebook Page for the product owner company.
A big part of online retailing is done by "drop-shippers" but are generally known as affiliates in the eCommerce space. AliExpress is a drop-shipper that caters to affiliates that run eCommerce websites. AliExpress controls the warehousing and shipping in most cases. They are a wholesaler which is what most real drop-shippers are. Online stores use drop-shippers to warehouse and ship the products. The affiliates set up Shopify stores, WooCommerce stores, etc. They do the advertising to drive people to their site(s), pre-sell and/or sell the product(s), process the order (sometimes), or completely pass off the payment process to the product owner/provider/shipper.

We do have members in the edu niche, so you should list the affiliate program in our Resources area.

If the product owner is looking for volume, has a significant and successful product(s), and a solid reputation in the industry, affiliates and eCommerce marketers are the way to go.

Dear Mr Tutor,
Thank you so much for your kind and comprehensive explanation, which is enormously appreciated!

1. You mention setting up an Amazon Store for the owner's product. Right now they are on Shopify, but with Amazon Pay and PayPal integrated into the checkout. Is there any real advantage in going further and setting up an Amazon Store in this context?

2. Is there any difference between affiliates and eCommerce marketers in terms of where one can recruit them?

With very best wishes,

Alex Maxim

1. You mention setting up an Amazon Store for the owner's product. Right now they are on Shopify, but with Amazon Pay and PayPal integrated into the checkout. Is there any real advantage in going further and setting up an Amazon Store in this context?

Yes! Exposure. The more traffic sources, more links, more opportunities for indexing, etc.

2. Is there any difference between affiliates and eCommerce marketers in terms of where one can recruit them?

I am attaching a great pdf by a friend of mine in the industry. Recruiting affiliates and eCommerce marketers mostly requires the same efforts.

To attract them, you need to be posting success stories, testimonials (both end user and affiliate), have a recruitment page, be present everywhere that caters to affiliates. Clickbank, JVZoo, etc., offer loads of affiliate opportunities. eCommerce groups are found on nearly every social channel.

Recruiting is a time consumption project at the beginning, but will level off on the time investment requirements with continued returns once everything is set up and producing. Once set up and producing, most of the requirement will be communicating, updated posts, threads on forums, reaching out, etc.

Attachments

• Definitive Guide to Affiliate Recruitment.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
If I hear that cookie bullshit one more time

tenor.gif

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p
:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

I like that -- Take it to the public approach ...

I'll add: don't expect a super-affiliate to build your brand for free if you have a product that a customer will buy over and over for some period of time.
  • Pay per customer acquisition -- lose a little bit of money front end to gain on the back end.
  • Advertising for customers is expensive -- SEO traffic is referral gold.
  • If I hear that cookie bullshit one more time I will tell that guy to shove his cookie where the sun don't shine.

Yes! Exposure. The more traffic sources, more links, more opportunities for indexing, etc.

I am attaching a great pdf by a friend of mine in the industry. Recruiting affiliates and eCommerce marketers mostly requires the same efforts.

To attract them, you need to be posting success stories, testimonials (both end user and affiliate), have a recruitment page, be present everywhere that caters to affiliates. Clickbank, JVZoo, etc., offer loads of affiliate opportunities. eCommerce groups are found on nearly every social channel.

Recruiting is a time consumption project at the beginning, but will level off on the time investment requirements with continued returns once everything is set up and producing. Once set up and producing, most of the requirement will be communicating, updated posts, threads on forums, reaching out, etc.

Dear Mr Tutor,
Thank you so much for this fantastic overview!

The guide you kindly posted looks really comprehensive and extremely useful. We'll be sure to print it off later and go through it with a fine-toothed comb (as the great Sting once sang).

FYI, our resource listing is now live:

Higher Grades Faster!™

A million thanks once again!

With very best wishes,

Alex Maxim

I like that -- Take it to the public approach ...

I'll add: don't expect a super-affiliate to build your brand for free if you have a product that a customer will buy over and over for some period of time.
  • Pay per customer acquisition -- lose a little bit of money front end to gain on the back end.
  • Advertising for customers is expensive -- SEO traffic is referral gold.
  • If I hear that cookie bullshit one more time I will tell that guy to shove his cookie where the sun don't shine.

Dear Mr Graybeard,
Thank you – as ever – for your wise counsel, and I hope that this post finds you having a great day.

We're 100% on-board with the paying per customer acquistion – in fact, even our regular rates (US$100/unit) are akin to customer acquisition rates.

Many thanks once again!

With very best wishes,

Alex Maxim

Hi Alex,
I'd recommend that you set up an affiliate program via an affiliate network, for example, Awin, Commission Junction, Tradedoubler, Affiliate Future. Check with them the charges and compare them, do they charge a set up fee?, is there a commission override? Do they offer support? most importantly ask them for the number of potential affiliates available in your niche and countries.

Good Luck!

Hi Alex,
I'd recommend that you set up an affiliate program via an affiliate network, for example, Awin, Commission Junction, Tradedoubler, Affiliate Future. Check with them the charges and compare them, do they charge a set up fee?, is there a commission override? Do they offer support? most importantly ask them for the number of potential affiliates available in your niche and countries.

Good Luck!

Hey there StatusCakeAffiliates,
Thank you so much for your kind advice, and I hope that this post finds you in excellent spirits.

In line with your guidance, Mediolana® is now on the ShareASale affiliate network, offering no less than US$100.00 for every single unit of product sold – a figure that rises to US$150.00/unit within the first 30 days of programme membership, and US$200.00/unit for any monthly sales figure above 100 units.

We don't have to tell you that these are some of the highest rates in the industry, so if you or your associates would like to sign up, please check out our approved AffiliateFix.com resource listing below:

Higher Grades Faster!™

Many thanks once again!

With very best wishes,

Alex Maxim

banners
Back