The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What's your opinion on affiliate sites featuring more than one niche on separate pages?

MarketKong

affiliate
Hey!

Newbie on the learning curve here. So I'm interested in self-help because I am into self-improvement, but I am also very interested in the ebusiness/emarketing, software and services, and computers/internet space - the last three are related.

Is there a way to integrate and market these various verticals on one domain? Has it been done successfully in your experience? Do such multi-vertical websites work well and is there a different way to promote them?

The common thread is my interest in all these verticals. The limitation is that I can't manage 4 websites for each of these verticals by myself, starting out.

Thanks,

You will dilute the SEO context of topic --unless the topics are closely related.
If you will be buying ads use a target page or post that is relevant.

Only successful with mass earned traffic --BuzzFeed might be an example ...
The may have engaged in some ad arbitrage in the past to build the brand --but that is in a different class altogether.

Hey!

Newbie on the learning curve here. So I'm interested in self-help because I am into self-improvement, but I am also very interested in the ebusiness/emarketing, software and services, and computers/internet space - the last three are related.

Is there a way to integrate and market these various verticals on one domain? Has it been done successfully in your experience? Do such multi-vertical websites work well and is there a different way to promote them?

The common thread is my interest in all these verticals. The limitation is that I can't manage 4 websites for each of these verticals by myself, starting out.

Thanks,
I am not sure if it's possible to place all these verticals under just one domain, not sure how it would work and how you would even do the SEO and promotion of such a site. Some verticals can indeed stand together and be categorized on one site, but at least for the self-improvement part, you would need to create a new domain and dedicate special pages to it.

More than one sub-niche can be integrated into one site, consequently one domain. However, this is NOT a task for a Newbie! It would require building a very large content site. As well, some of your interests you would like to include are not compatible for this purpose.
  1. self-help/self-improvement
    1. This is a huge niche on its own. here are just a few of its sub-niches.
      1. psychological
      2. spiritual
      3. emotional
      4. physical
      5. financial
  2. ebusiness/emarketing - Likely not compatible for a content site.
    1. ebusiness: E-Business refers to performing all type of business activities through internet.
    2. E-Commerce refers to the performing online commercial activities, transactions over internet. Per the Gartner Group:
      E-Business (electronic business) is any process that a business organization conducts over a computer-mediated network. Business organizations include any for-profit, governmental, or nonprofit entity. Their processes include production, customer, and internal or management focused business processes.
  3. software and services
    1. Software is a huge area, and is a primary niche. you would need to move into a sub-niche.
    2. So, what do you mean by services?
  4. computers/internet space -
    1. software - A highly competitive space with some heavy hitters out there. you would be competing with C-Net, Toms Hardware, PC Mag, TechAdviser, and so many more.
    2. Interenet space - That is just not a niche.

As a Newbie, you need to select one sub niche, one tracker, one or two networks, an intelligence platform, and get a VPS. establish a reasonable budget and spend a couple of months mastering your new tools and learning the ropes of promoting offers. Once you can establish a reliable steady cash flow with network offers, then you will have the foundation and cash flow you require to move into the content site arena.

It seems to me that such a site will be difficult to promote in all niches, because many pages are from the root of other structures

banners
Back