The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Seeking Help what redirection type to choose to keep my ranking on google ?

yasslife

Hey community, hope you're well!
I use prettylinks plugin and I want to know what redirection type to choose to keep google ranking my post or page, there are a lot of redirection types:
1674576820415-png.28664

please what to choose to avoid "not indexed" in google search console
thanks

Hey community, hope you're well!
I use prettylinks plugin and I want to know what redirection type to choose to keep google ranking my post or page, there are a lot of redirection types:
1674576820415-png.28664

please what to choose to avoid "not indexed" in google search console
thanks
quality content gets indexed and served
are you redirecting website address?
thats a different question

quality content gets indexed and served
are you redirecting website address?
thats a different question
No, sometimes we have affiliate links in our posts and we need to redirect using redirection tools
if you know something about these redirection types let us know
thanks

No, sometimes we have affiliate links in our posts and we need to redirect using redirection tools
if you know something about these redirection types let us know
thanks
affiliate links to what?
blog post link to amazon
thats common all over the internet
google doesnt penalize affiliate links
--> if they have correct label

Affiliate links are not indexed, and placed in the SERPs, by search engines today

We made easy-money years ago (like 15 yrs) when they did index affiliate links (they got smart) :D

what-if-i-told-you-seo-matrix-400.jpg

Only what is in your domain will get indexed.
Server Rewrites are what people call 'pretty links' they are NOT REDIRECTS.

Outbound (dofollow) links may give 'juice' (Domain Authority) FROM your domain.
Affiliate links get -0- today the query string is truncated (cut off) in the SERPs
Exceptions are some #anchor links

Affiliate links are not indexed, and placed in the SERPs, by search engines today

We made easy-money years ago (like 15 yrs) when they did index affiliate links (they got smart) :D

View attachment 28800

Affiliate links get -0- today the query string is truncated (cut off) in the SERPs
so it's fine to use pretty links plugin with my posts and still index my posts in Google?

We made easy-money years ago (like 15 yrs) when they did index affiliate links

I know, right!? It was so different back then. The wild wild west then and we had it simple by comparison to today. That said, today we have tools we didn't have then and when implementing these tools we have now we can actually pre-determine many outcomes, especially with our well groomed and maintained lists! I love my lists today far more than I did back then, the consumers today are more sophisticated and they love being kept informed on all kinds of things.

View attachment 28800

under rated reply

That said, today we have tools we didn't have then and when implementing these tools we have now we can actually pre-determine many outcomes
my tech stack now
compared to 2000
is so sick its off the radar
80% features are free
then 20% premium is like $10 each month
google still getting schooled all the time
they are smarter but not expert level yet
serp still has many blind sports

If you need to redirect a page to a new URL, the best way to maintain your search engine rankings and avoid potential SEO issues is to use a 301 redirect. A 301 redirect is a permanent redirect that tells search engines that the old page has been permanently moved to a new URL. This ensures that the search engines will transfer the authority, backlinks, and PageRank of the old page to the new URL, which will help preserve your rankings and traffic.

On the other hand, a 302 redirect is a temporary redirect that tells search engines that the old page has temporarily moved to a new URL. While a 302 redirect can be useful for short-term changes, it may not transfer the full authority and backlinks of the old page to the new URL, which can lead to potential ranking and traffic issues.

In summary, if you want to keep your ranking on Google when redirecting a page, it's recommended to use a 301 redirect.

banners
Back