The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

What do you think about our forum theme?

Can you elaborate this? what to improve to have 10/10 for Appearance?
For sure, we will add youtube and linkedin soon.

I am no designer and sure as hell can't claim to tell you the best about this particular thing. I liked what I saw and I pointed out whatever was lacking as an end user.
Your designing team could figure out something better, that's my opinion.
usually 2 color themes work and are more captivating so you can ask them to do so. Rest you are the best person to judge since its your pet project I believe. If it satisfies your eyes, it might very well satisfy others as well.
I wish you good luck though!
God Bless :)

I wouldn't say that it's a bad theme, but it can definitely be improved. You can add little colors and elements to make it appealing. However, it's good for the start.
Good luck.

I like it -- however -- after 10 posts you should have an ad and a (sub or faux) footer *topic* navigation. The infinite scroll is too long IMHO -- overwhelming on a smartphone. Continue scrolling could be a topical option anchored to the next post in sequence.

Graybeard, Feb 14, 2018

HelenN likes this

I felt lost in a *sea* of text that was my initial impression. Was OK on a big PC monitor and on a larger tablet. Looking at it again: for handheld or smartphone devices I think simplicity is best. I would make the index more of a landing page I now see the lightning rod in the menu -- an epiphany < people shouldn't have to think too much when they first arrive on a website.

Think about it ... If you arrive looking for the promised content make sure there is a clear path to reach it.

If I arrive at a forum I want to know the topics and choose the sub-forum of interest to me.

Web developers have a habit of over complicating things -- then adding more things -- this is called feature creep.
If you have a lot of features you need to have a ''site tutorial'' or how to get the most out of our site explanation.
Read "The Laws of Subtraction" by Matthew E May (Kindle has it) Learn to ask yourself: is this really necessary?
A website visitor forms their opinion of your content and its organization scaled by the ease of use in a matter of seconds -- don't make the visitor think too much and be confused.

Graybeard, Feb 15, 2018

HelenN likes this

I didn't realize that it is similar to stackoverflow's layout till I read your reply :)
Thanks for this review.

You mean forum categories on the first column? I think that column makes forum design look better.
What do you mean for this "instead of showing a thread directly"?

You mean we should make the first (left) column more highlight? If that then it is hard to focus on the middle column where content is presenting.

Well, if it's a template: altering much will be an issue -- that is the problem with templates.
My age is showing :D If the lightning icon will have the meaning > here is the list, and users will recognize it -- I am the one needing the remedial education :D

Maybe, you can make a splash page of sorts -- to lead into that forum -- this depends on you marketing approach (tactics) SEO or topic targeted traffic or bulk branding traffic. If you will be targeting traffic -- Now available new ____! then you will be deep linking into the right post -- it will be a much better first experience.

Graybeard, Feb 15, 2018

banners
Back