“mobile”/ Voluum
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What do you think about our forum theme?

Discussion in 'Design and Creatives' started by HelenN, Feb 14, 2018.

1. HelenN

HelenN Affiliate affiliate

My team recently has developed a new smartphone forum, all topics are discussed about tablets and smartphones, with a new forum layout that not used on any forums out there, it is much different from traditional forum layout. That's reason why I would like to hear your reviews about our forum Smartphones.Best

What do you think about it? it is hard or easy to find information on it? Do you like the design?

Your comments would be appreciated.

2. CPA Evolution
  3. juliadayq

juliadayq Affiliate affiliate

I think it's usable theme, but not so attractive design. Looks a little boring as for me. Maybe there is not enough colors...

HelenN likes this.
  4. HelenN

Yes it has less colors and simple but I think it is easy on eyes, right?
    Also, you are liking somethings stronger. What parts of the site would you suggest to make it more attractive or colors?

KingScore365 likes this.
  5. HelenN

The infinite scroll is too long IMHO? you don't like this feature and want to replace with paging or don't want to have infinite scroll on the homepage?
    It has already a limitation on loading and stop at page 3.
    We are considering to load once and just jumping to page 2 and stop there. Is it better idea?

6. Mr. Plan B

Mr. Plan B Moderator moderator affiliate

The navigation looks simple and easy to follow, and yes the layout is easy on the eye.
    The only part that is making the forum look busy and cluttered is the third column with the new threads and the members online section.
    If you can place them below the first column the entire layout will look much cleaner with just 2 columns for smartphone users as well as PC users.
    Just my opinion. Anyway, wonderful job.

HelenN likes this.
  7. iam1337

iam1337 Affiliate affiliate

I like it! Kinda stackoverflow-ish design, straight to the info! very good!

Only thing that I do not like is the homepage, you should show the forum sections there, instead of showing a thread directly.(What is firmware in my case).

If I land at your homepage, I do not want to know what a firmware is, I want the left sidebar(android,ios,tablets,apps etc.) to be in the focus of the page, so I can navigate further.

HelenN likes this.
  8. HelenN

I'm also feeling lost in this "sea" of text from this reply but I like your reviews, it is honest reviews with more good points. You are right on this, it works as well on big screen monitors.

Understood this and agreed with you, and its forum template is not strange/new with more people because it is similar a bit more to social networks (Facebook, Linkedin )or popular sites out there (stackoverflow is an example).

But I am sure it will be improved on its homepage to make it more clear and better.

I thought new visitors can easily find topics on the middle column and the first column for forums. Right?

I know there are more author talked about this point but if we use default theme then it is not unique and make something special for new visitors. Do you think that is exact?

9. HelenN

Yes you are right, the header of forum is removed and just keeping the navigation and everything is kept there.

I think remove new threads and the members online section is not a good idea because it helps users know what are new threads just posted on the forum and help them to answer them if wanted.
    members online block will help forum a bit more busy and proof that it is not a dead forum but an active forum with members online.

We will consider this but seem 2 columns is pretty simple and it does help forum design look more attractive.

10. HelenN

I didn't realize that it is similar to stackoverflow's layout till I read your reply :)
    Thanks for this review.

You mean forum categories on the first column? I think that column makes forum design look better.
    What do you mean for this "instead of showing a thread directly"?

You mean we should make the first (left) column more highlight? If that then it is hard to focus on the middle column where content is presenting.

11. Greg Rainmaker

Greg Rainmaker Affiliate affiliate

I actually like your design. Would have added 'now online' or something statistics to see that you're not alone on the forum. For a new forum it can be really helpful imho

HelenN likes this.
  12. HelenN

But new forum has less users online all the time, do you think it will work if we add that block?
    Currently we have added Members recently online block and it can be a replacement for members online now?

Greg Rainmaker likes this.
  13. Roman Epo

Roman Epo Affiliate affiliate

Hi,HelenN appreciate that,
    You have to research UI/UX design,if you want to looking gorgeous,but now not bad,looking almost smart forum. I saw that you are not using any kind of intelligence for your forum.

HelenN likes this.
  14. HelenN

What is UI/UX design?
    Thanks for your feedback.
    I don't understand this. What do you mean?

15. Roman Epo

Roman Epo Affiliate affiliate

User Interface (UI) for forum and User Experience UX) for forum.You can research UI and UX for more flexible and beautiful interface.
    Professional domain name,update post ,feed and new post etc etc

azgold likes this.
  16. CertifiedSammy

CertifiedSammy Affiliate affiliate

Right off the bait, it looks a bit like facebook. Minimalist design. Minimalist is good but it would be nice if a bit of more colors is added. Maybe one or two more colors. That would be more attractive to spend time on.

HelenN likes this.
  17. HelenN

If you can add colors which places/parts you would add to to make it more attactive?

18. HelenN

What is professional domain name? because you are thinking of it is not a .com domain?
    The domain smartphones.best is more than a professional one because it is a premium domain :)

19. HelenN

It is a good idea but if the forum doesn't have real members then 1000 unreal members will not help a forum to have more than a post per day.

20. Stencil

Stencil Affiliate affiliate

My 2cent opinion
    Navigation: 8/10
    Appearance: 5/10
    Feedback: Please work on appearance of the site. You might wanna add the youtube and linkedin pages.
    You could add Reddit, Tumblr, Pinterest and Instagram for better reach and user engagement.

HelenN likes this.
  21. HelenN

Can you elaborate this? what to improve to have 10/10 for Appearance?

For sure, we will add youtube and linkedin soon.

banners