The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

What do you think about our forum theme?

HelenN

My team recently has developed a new smartphone forum, all topics are discussed about tablets and smartphones, with a new forum layout that not used on any forums out there, it is much different from traditional forum layout. That's reason why I would like to hear your reviews about our forum Smartphones.Best

What do you think about it? it is hard or easy to find information on it? Do you like the design?

Your comments would be appreciated.

I think it's usable theme, but not so attractive design. Looks a little boring as for me. Maybe there is not enough colors...

I think it's usable theme, but not so attractive design. Looks a little boring as for me. Maybe there is not enough colors...
Yes it has less colors and simple but I think it is easy on eyes, right?
Also, you are liking somethings stronger. What parts of the site would you suggest to make it more attractive or colors?

I like it -- however -- after 10 posts you should have an ad and a (sub or faux) footer *topic* navigation. The infinite scroll is too long IMHO -- overwhelming on a smartphone. Continue scrolling could be a topical option anchored to the next post in sequence.

The infinite scroll is too long IMHO? you don't like this feature and want to replace with paging or don't want to have infinite scroll on the homepage?
It has already a limitation on loading and stop at page 3.
We are considering to load once and just jumping to page 2 and stop there. Is it better idea?

Yes it has less colors and simple but I think it is easy on eyes, right?
Also, you are liking somethings stronger. What parts of the site would you suggest to make it more attractive or colors?
The navigation looks simple and easy to follow, and yes the layout is easy on the eye.
The only part that is making the forum look busy and cluttered is the third column with the new threads and the members online section.
If you can place them below the first column the entire layout will look much cleaner with just 2 columns for smartphone users as well as PC users.
Just my opinion. Anyway, wonderful job.

I like it! Kinda stackoverflow-ish design, straight to the info! very good!

Only thing that I do not like is the homepage, you should show the forum sections there, instead of showing a thread directly.(What is firmware in my case).

If I land at your homepage, I do not want to know what a firmware is, I want the left sidebar(android,ios,tablets,apps etc.) to be in the focus of the page, so I can navigate further.

I felt lost in a *sea* of text that was my initial impression. Was OK on a big PC monitor and on a larger tablet. Looking at it again: for handheld or smartphone devices I think simplicity is best.

I'm also feeling lost in this "sea" of text from this reply but I like your reviews, it is honest reviews with more good points. You are right on this, it works as well on big screen monitors.

I would make the index more of a landing page I now see the lightning rod in the menu -- an epiphany < people shouldn't have to think too much when they first arrive on a website.

Think about it ... If you arrive looking for the promised content make sure there is a clear path to reach it.

Understood this and agreed with you, and its forum template is not strange/new with more people because it is similar a bit more to social networks (Facebook, Linkedin )or popular sites out there (stackoverflow is an example).

But I am sure it will be improved on its homepage to make it more clear and better.

If I arrive at a forum I want to know the topics and choose the sub-forum of interest to me.
I thought new visitors can easily find topics on the middle column and the first column for forums. Right?

Web developers have a habit of over complicating things -- then adding more things -- this is called feature creep.
If you have a lot of features you need to have a ''site tutorial'' or how to get the most out of our site explanation.
Read "The Laws of Subtraction" by Matthew E May (Kindle has it) Learn to ask yourself: is this really necessary?
A website visitor forms their opinion of your content and its organization scaled by the ease of use in a matter of seconds -- don't make the visitor think to much and be confused.

I know there are more author talked about this point but if we use default theme then it is not unique and make something special for new visitors. Do you think that is exact?

The navigation looks simple and easy to follow, and yes the layout is easy on the eye.
Yes you are right, the header of forum is removed and just keeping the navigation and everything is kept there.

The only part that is making the forum look busy and cluttered is the third column with the new threads and the members online section.

I think remove new threads and the members online section is not a good idea because it helps users know what are new threads just posted on the forum and help them to answer them if wanted.
members online block will help forum a bit more busy and proof that it is not a dead forum but an active forum with members online.

If you can place them below the first column the entire layout will look much cleaner with just 2 columns for smartphone users as well as PC users.
Just my opinion. Anyway, wonderful job.
We will consider this but seem 2 columns is pretty simple and it does help forum design look more attractive.

I like it! Kinda stackoverflow-ish design, straight to the info! very good!
I didn't realize that it is similar to stackoverflow's layout till I read your reply :)
Thanks for this review.

Only thing that I do not like is the homepage, you should show the forum sections there, instead of showing a thread directly.(What is firmware in my case).
You mean forum categories on the first column? I think that column makes forum design look better.
What do you mean for this "instead of showing a thread directly"?

If I land at your homepage, I do not want to know what a firmware is, I want the left sidebar(android,ios,tablets,apps etc.) to be in the focus of the page, so I can navigate further.
You mean we should make the first (left) column more highlight? If that then it is hard to focus on the middle column where content is presenting.

I actually like your design. Would have added 'now online' or something statistics to see that you're not alone on the forum. For a new forum it can be really helpful imho

I actually like your design. Would have added 'now online' or something statistics to see that you're not alone on the forum. For a new forum it can be really helpful imho
But new forum has less users online all the time, do you think it will work if we add that block?
Currently we have added Members recently online block and it can be a replacement for members online now?

Hi,HelenN appreciate that,
You have to research UI/UX design,if you want to looking gorgeous,but now not bad,looking almost smart forum. I saw that you are not using any kind of intelligence for your forum.

Right off the bait, it looks a bit like facebook. Minimalist design. Minimalist is good but it would be nice if a bit of more colors is added. Maybe one or two more colors. That would be more attractive to spend time on.

LOL. Years ago I wrote a script that echo'd 70 to 140 members online when there was 1 -- me! Life is but an illusion most of the time anyway.
It is a good idea but if the forum doesn't have real members then 1000 unreal members will not help a forum to have more than a post per day.

My team recently has developed a new smartphone forum, all topics are discussed about tablets and smartphones, with a new forum layout that not used on any forums out there, it is much different from traditional forum layout. That's reason why I would like to hear your reviews about our forum Smartphones.Best

What do you think about it? it is hard or easy to find information on it? Do you like the design?

Your comments would be appreciated.

My 2cent opinion
Navigation: 8/10
Appearance: 5/10
Feedback: Please work on appearance of the site. You might wanna add the youtube and linkedin pages.
You could add Reddit, Tumblr, Pinterest and Instagram for better reach and user engagement.

MI
Back