The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

What about h4, h5 and h6 tags?

I can't understand how to properly use these header tags for SEO. Are they even used now?
good question
i use h4 tags sometimes
but not often
definitely not h5 or h6 ever
1st problem is font size gets to small after h3
2nd problem is most subjects dont require 4th or 5th level subheading

this is almost the same as paragraph bold (h4)
this is difficult to read (h5)
this is plain dumb (h6)

Last edited:
Use them in order when using on a page. Avoid using H1 more than once on a page. They help identify the hierarchy of content to a degree as well as help the SE's understand the information structure on a page, the relevance and semantic structure of a web page.

good question
i use h4 tags sometimes
but not often
definitely not h5 or h6 ever
1st problem is font size gets to small after h3
2nd problem is most subjects dont require 4th or 5th level subheading

this is almost the same as paragraph bold (h4)
this is difficult to read (h5)
this is plain dumb (h6)
Huh, got it. I haven't seen h4 and lower headers at all on many sites, but I wanted to clarify. Thank you

>>>"It is and outdated and rote SEO belief that H1 headings are more important as a ranking factor than H2 headings and that H2 headings are more important (as a ranking factor) than H3 headings and so on. The rote SEO belief is that one puts their most important keywords in the highest level heading and less important keywords in the lower level heading elements.

The relative importance of heading tags, that H1 is more important than H2, used to be a real ranking factor over 15 years ago."<<<

John Mueller (Google) explains that is no longer the case: So… this question of… how should I order my H1, H2, H3, headings and what should the content be, that’s something from my point of view isn’t really that relevant.
what-if-i-told-you-seo-matrix-400.jpg

"It is and outdated and rote SEO belief that H1 headings are more important as a ranking factor than H2 headings and that H2 headings are more important (as a ranking factor) than H3 headings and so on. The rote SEO belief is that one puts their most important keywords in the highest level heading and less important keywords in the lower level heading elements.

The relative importance of heading tags, that H1 is more important than H2, used to be a real ranking factor over 15 years ago."

I see. Thanks for sharing this article

Heading tags are important but H4, H5 and H6 generally doesn't use and it should be always systematically. First use H1, H2, H3 and then H4, H5 and H6 according to title and format.

MI
Back