The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Web Design Costs

espmartin

affiliate
I've seen websites sell HTML templates from $50 to $1500. Some
sites offer 1-3 pages for those prices, while more than 3 pages
goes up in scale to "custom page prices".

How much do you webpage designers charge for 1-3 pages?
For me, it depends on the person inquiring, and if I have to
outsource the graphic creation.

I base my prices on the first page since in many cases additional pages are duplicates with minor changes. Depending on the amount of graphics used and also how complex the page is (if it's a skin for the script, directory, blog etc...) I may charge anywhere from $200 to $500 for the first page and than small percent of that for each additional page.

These morons on DP who is offering complete sites for $30-$50 should be all put on one boat and drowned somewhere in the middle of the Pacific...

if its plain html 3 pages - £300 ish but once you get into php etc £400+

Normally when i get a project to make a website template i will cost about $600
To produce all content yes concerning what used to prepare the site 3pages would cost about $1300-$1900

Thats what they charge at the company i work for.
Biggest job: $335 000
Monthly Charge: $150 - For software.
We had to create all sites to the server basis so that if the server was down so is the site! (We all know that... Costomers are noobs)
They had 2servers, one for the reservations and the other for banking.
We also had to create them a unique program similar to OPRA, which took us 1month 1week 2days, with a team of 3guys, and lots of cofee.

All in all the boss made some money that month lol.

I don't charge per PAGE anymore as I got my finger burnt when I took on a 3 page site.. at $50.00 per page $150.00 job total. thinking yer this will be the usual index, about and contact pages how wrong I was.... index / contact was ok.... products the second page took over 50 hours to complete....

rules of the game if it's in between the opening and closing body tags it's only one page... so now I only charge by the hour $25.00

Mike :)

charging by hours is generally a good plan I find, with the price per hour being higher depending on php/mysql etc.

MI
Back