The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

VPS recommendations?

Tuavale

I saw a recommendation from TJ (how do I tag him? lol) from an earlier post.

Anyone have any good VPS recommendations?

Here is a set of immediate goals:

1. Get a VPS

What are they mainly used for? I saw it at the top of the list so I take it as extremely important.

Thanks everyone!

Maybe I answered my own question. Is this simply a Hosting Platform to choose? GoDaddy? Bluehost, etc?

Yes! A VPS is a type of hosting. Do not go with shared hosting, not ever! Get a good VPS to get your journey under way.

(how do I tag him? lol)

You can tag anyone in a thread or post by typing the @ sign in front of their username like this: @T J Tutor or you can click their avatar and then swipe their name under their avatar to copy & paste it like this: T J Tutor

When someone is tagged with either of these methods, they will get a notification they have been tagged.

I can tell which VPSes are not recommended. Those listed at lowendtalk are at high risk! Many of them disappear in matter of months and your content disappears as well. Be careful and do domain lookups on the desired VPS. Anything that is not older than 2-3 years is high risk.
Looking on the mainstream services you'll definitely get some security and stability but will be more expensive and less supportive.

If you want to name some hosting, I would say hostinger because this is the same company which created 000webhost (which exists since I'm child I believe).

Last edited:
Yes! A VPS is a type of hosting. Do not go with shared hosting, not ever! Get a good VPS to get your journey under way.

You can tag anyone in a thread or post by typing the @ sign in front of their username like this: @T J Tutor or you can click their avatar and then swipe their name under their avatar to copy & paste it like this: T J Tutor

When someone is tagged with either of these methods, they will get a notification they have been tagged.

When you say Shared Hosting, can you give me key examples?

Go to any hosting companies website and you will see the differences. Just do not use shared hosting. Use a VPS.

Shared hosting means sharing a server – and its resources – with other sites. That's bandwidth, storage… the lot.

VPS hosting creates a virtual environment that imitates a dedicated server (where you get a server, and all its resources, to yourself).

Shared hosting = Apartment Rental
VPS = Condominium
Dedicated = Free Standing home (Villa)

I just use VPS without any admin tools (just use SSH)
That is relatively inexpensive and the most resource efficient.
You may want cPanel/WHM you will need 2GB+ RAM to use that well
Look at Amazon EC-2 also
Linode has managed servers now
Linode Plans & Pricing Table +$100 mo <<<they do the work (SSH/Terminal)
I have used Linode for 10 years but I admin my own servers ;)

banners
Back