The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

What is a VPS?

I wanted to know what is a VPS?

As already explained by Graybeard. I just wanted to add that you may be advised to start with a VPS but i know as a newbie, if you are not tech savvy and/or comfortable with root access privileges, it might be daunting.

Main reason why people suggest to use a vps or a dedicated server is simply because they are mostly involved with paid traffic and as such need total control over their server to handle the load of traffic (and many other stuff).

You can definitively start with a good shared wordpress hosting and then invest in a vps or decidated server once you have generated enough revenue to put back in your business.

Just my 2 cents.

You can definitively start with a good shared wordpress hosting and then invest in a vps or decidated server once you have generated enough revenue to put back in your business.

I'll add my 2 cents
Just to agree with @iamb
The cost of VPS should directly relate to the BCR of having a VPS
Until you're generating consistent revenue it's not a neccesity
So, now you have 4 cents !!

Okay, everyone is overlooking the most important thing about the difference of shared vs. VPS. On the shared servers, which are highly prized by spammers, the shared resources are not load balanced. This results in extremely low performance for a marketers landers when the spammer has loaded the server with tasks that dominate the shared resource. This results in pages taking 6, 8 and 10 seconds to load sometimes, and we all know what that results in.

A VPS with control panel is around $30 a month on average. Some cheaper, some more expensive. The thing is, in my opinion, it doesn't take a tech savvy person to learn Control Panel in any way shape or form. As for the WHM, there is no need to jump right into that and in most cases a Newbie won't bother with it except to initiate it's ocaissional upgrades and they are very simple to initiate and well explained in WHM (just click it and forget it usually).

Can you tell, I am 100% against anyone in this business using a shared server, especially when they are month to month with no contracts. The VPS has dedicated resources and this prevents excessive page load times that will kill your funnel and conversions, PERIOD!

Last edited:
I pay $5 per GB and that includes 1TB of data for unmanaged VPS.
No Control Panels all SSH. So money is not the issue --knowledge is.

A self-managed VPS with cPanel costs a bit more. Still, we are talking $20-$40 month or so.

So, are you a learner, hobbyist or intend to do real CPA with some volume?

Shared hosting will not properly utilize any volume of paid traffic. If you plan on buying traffic and hosting landing pages --good luck with a shared hosting account :D
For slow start SEO with a blog or something --it may work out at low volume --that depends on how many users there are on that shared server and what the response time is.

Hi. VPS translates as a virtual private server. It is the same virtual hosting, but with more capacities and resources. The shared hosting becomes “crumped” someday. It is time to switch to more comfortable conditions if your online project’s traffic grows and the number of pages has already exceeded a thousand. However, you need to have qualified knowledge to run even the cheapest vps. In addition, the provider may hint about the transition. It will send a message that your site has exceeded the permissible amount of allocated capacity.

Last edited:
MI
Back