The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Trying a new idea

Henkey

affiliate
Hey fellow affiliates and tracking experts,

I am trying this idea which is new to me. I want to iframe an offer while adding my own content above the iframe. However, conversion tracking conversions is a bit tricky.
If I load the TRACKING link inside the iframe I can track conversions but not zoneids of the traffic source. If I load the offer link and use my site as an offer in Voluum I can track zoneids but not conversions. Below is a screenshot of what I want to achieve.

I want to use my own customized lander while keeping tracking and optimizing going.

upload_2019-9-14_19-9-54-png.15177

Hey @Henkey

It's doable but requires a little bit more work than a basic setup.

This offer landing page you've showed above should be added to Voluum as a lander element. When you also add an offer page to Voluum as an offer element (the campaign funnel needs to be complete), you'll be able to do both - track zoneids and conversions.
Traffic source parameters will be passed to the lander first. What you need to do is capture them there and pass to Voluum click URL used in iframe.

Karolina

Hey @Henkey

It's doable but requires a little bit more work than a basic setup.

This offer landing page you've showed above should be added to Voluum as a lander element. When you also add an offer page to Voluum as an offer element (the campaign funnel needs to be complete), you'll be able to do both - track zoneids and conversions.
Traffic source parameters will be passed to the lander first. What you need to do is capture them there and pass to Voluum click URL used in iframe.

Karolina

Strangely this whole thing was easily done by just passing the Clickurl to the iframe and using my site as a LP in Voluum.

Clickurl to the iframe and using my site
Nothing strange about that -- IT'S YOUR SITE!
The problem is when the site is remote: you need a s2s, or alternatively; a pixel request to track

What are you ascertaining?
The time your DOM loaded -- not the actual load time (or some status) of the remote iframe -- just that your src code was loaded + the lag time of the hit in the tracker and the event's return in the dashboard of the tracker.

Last edited:
MI
Back