The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Truth about earning from being an Affiliate

OurDailyMuse

affiliate
I've signed up with Amazon Associates Central (one-Link for multiple countries), CJ Affiliate, JV Zoo, Admitad, Partnerize, PartnerStack, ArabClicks, Ascend (pepperjam), Cuelinks, Viglinks, + few individual advertisers such as fiverr.

My concerns:

1. The bigger names have a strict deadline for performance even during this difficult time of Covid-19 and the resultant lockdown, slowing economy and so on. The big affiliate networks just wouldn't listen and deactivate your account, leaving all your efforts to zero. How does a newbie affiliate tackle / overcome this?

2. You see thousands of clicks on your performance dashboard, but zero conversion. How does this work? The patent answer from affiliate networks is: The clicks need to be genuine. In other words, you need to share your affiliate links where the needy will click and buy from it. How? I've created niche content and used the affiliate text and banner links, posted them on social media platforms including, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest. These are genuine platforms. How many clicks before I can be assured that affiliate marketing is genuine? I am prodding on currently using optimism from what John Crestani has said: "Keep going at it until you earn your first commission, then it's no looking back."

3. In today's technologically fast paced world, can I stick to only content from my website and earn from affiliate marketing? Or do I need to integrate content on my own website with video / vlog / podcast?

4. Please share any suggestion / tip / advice. All are welcome, including brickbats.
My sites are: ourdailymuse, howtozed, alfabetcareer.

I've signed up with Amazon Associates Central (one-Link for multiple countries), CJ Affiliate, JV Zoo, Admitad, Partnerize, PartnerStack, ArabClicks, Ascend (pepperjam), Cuelinks, Viglinks, + few individual advertisers such as fiverr.
That's a lot of affiliate networks to master at the same time !!

1. The bigger names have a strict deadline for performance even during this difficult time of Covid-19 and the resultant lockdown, slowing economy and so on. The big affiliate networks just wouldn't listen and deactivate your account, leaving all your efforts to zero. How does a newbie affiliate tackle / overcome this?
Simple, start with a high volume of traffic when you join an affiliate network

2. You see thousands of clicks on your performance dashboard, but zero conversion. How does this work? The patent answer from affiliate networks is: The clicks need to be genuine. In other words, you need to share your affiliate links where the needy will click and buy from it. How? I've created niche content and used the affiliate text and banner links, posted them on social media platforms including, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest. These are genuine platforms. How many clicks before I can be assured that affiliate marketing is genuine? I am prodding on currently using optimism from what John Crestani has said: "Keep going at it until you earn your first commission, then it's no looking back."
You need to know what problem a visitor is trying to solve
Clicking ads is fairly common, I click ads all the time but only buy something if that was the intention of my original search
When a customer searches "weight loss supplements for women" and your site lists all the best weight loss supplements for women, then the chance of ad click converting to sale goes through the roof
But if she went to Pinterest to look at shoes and clicks your supplement ad the chances of a sale plumments into the basement

3. In today's technologically fast paced world, can I stick to only content from my website and earn from affiliate marketing? Or do I need to integrate content on my own website with video / vlog / podcast?
Your content just needs to be highly relevant to the customers search intent

4. Please share any suggestion / tip / advice. All are welcome, including brickbats.
My sites are: ourdailymuse, howtozed, alfabetcareer.
Not saying branded blog cannot be successful
Just sayin you might consider keyword domain
Then stick to one specific niche topic and own that space

How do you know that your 'clicks' are real. I hear this everyday here?
40%~ (±20%) of unfiltered web traffic is not human.

What Popunders Cost Me Today
this was some testing I did recently with popunders that were filtered with some ClickBank offerings --digital products with questionable value --but they are a large legit business. No business will exist for years unless it delivers a reasonably good product or service and performs well enough to keep its customers or business partners.

You should be tracking your clicks from social media with a commercial tracker or you can use your own server to log and redirect the social media traffic.

This is a database tracking quality check of some suspicious network traffic I bought a few years ago for (don't recall)
click on the thumbnail bot-traffic-network-buy.jpg <<all click bots <$0.50 of traffic the time to find this was a lot more :p

I have done traffic analysis and 'traffic forensics' for years now I did something similar for a Twitter bot feed thread account that got a reasonable number of clicks --they were mostly real people but the income demographics were a bit below the national median income/cost of living algorithm I developed --that's why the signup conversions were poor (I think). In this case, each free signup, that became a a buying customer --would produce about $150 in payouts --on a recurring basis --but the product was costly. So, the problem was finding people with high enough income.

100 good quality (SEO or PPC ads (Google ads, Facebook ads, Bing ads) should produce some sales. Took me 4,000 social media bot feed clicks to produce maybe 10 sales. 1 sale per 500 clicks but the product was on the expensive side. The offer and the media need to work together.

banners
Back