The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Thrive Tracker - Performance and Hosting

mgsolid2010

affiliate
Hi all,

Can anyone provide any guidance on how good the Thrive tracker is when it comes to redirecting traffic by hiding referer URL?

Additionally, what hosting plan is recommended? Would a $15 plan from Digital Ocean suffice?

Thanks in advance

I don't think, DigitalOcean has a $15 plan? A 2GB server can definitely handle Thrive. A few months a go I set it up for a client on a 1GB server. Didn't get any complains to date. But it was an optimized setup. If you're going with a LAMP setup, I think it better to go with 2GB RAM to be safe. 2GB RAM costs $20 per month on DigitalOcean.
Thrive Installation - Nginx Virtualmin Ubuntu Server tutorials

SSL+Double Meta Refresh for the win.

Thanks all for the greate suggestions.

mxyzptlkfishstiks, how much of a difference does SSL make to a Double Meta Refresh?

Do you have any scripts for Double Meta Refresh and do you know whether the Voluum DMR tracker is any better then a normal PHP script DMR?

All it takes for a network to discover your referrer is a slip-up one time. SSL + DMR guarantees it works 100% of the time. Referrer is automatically blanked when traffic flows HTTPS to HTTP.

There's no corner cutting when it comes to having a tracker. The monthly fee is the cost of doing business. No tracker = a mechanic without tools. I use Funnel Flux now. I recommend FF on self-hosted and TT on the cloud.

I was never all that enamored with Voluum. Yes, to the latter. If targeting mobile, put it as close as possible to the geo you're trying to target.

Been buying traffic from various sources. Wanted to do away with the manual task of downloading and uploading cost sheet everyday in order to see each campaign performance.

thanks tyoussef, even if this is via local browser or dns then the time it takes must be an interested metric?

MI
Back