The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

This intro is Brutally Honest - I'll lay it out.

LifevsCPA

affiliate
I am 23 years old. Just finished a marketing cert at Harvard (Learned basically NOTHING). 2 Years ago, I discovered internet marketing (SEO, PPC) and I learned what I needed to to grow my business as an insurance broker.

I generated leads for my business but never got successful (Over 5k month) because.. and I am being as honest as possible when i say this.. being a broker just isnt my passion... so i wouldn't return calls, reply to emails promptly, or go see clients unless I was 100% sure.. yeah, passion will do that to you.

I am a broker in the insurance industry and waking up to the thought of answering client calls and licking their ass just depresses me. I absolutely HATE what I do.. although.. the money is enough to eat out, pay my car lease, and go out occasionally.

I LOVE reading IM journeys, seeing people succeed, watching people brag, and realizing my passion to do the same.. day after day. I am at a point where I will make a sale of $100 as a broker and think every time that .. well... fuck this.

I am here to learn, make money, and live a happy life. I understand it's gonna take time and $... I have $10k saved up and the route I am going to take to start anything is FB ads.

I have NO idea about what products to promote... I have NO idea about how to build a landing page that converts.. all I know is FB ads will be the answer and I am willing to go fucking broke for it.

Why did I post this?

Please encourage me.. I need it. I know there are people in far worst situations than I am but.. I feel equally depressed. My family is very successful and I could have a benz handed to me if I ask tomorrow... but whats the pride in that? I feel miserable to ask my parents for anything.. even advise.. I want to be self made and more than that do what I LOVE.

So here is me, another want-to-be IMer.

Air in my lungs, vision in my mind.

@LifevsCPA - hello and welcome! Thanks for that raw and honest intro. My heart goes out to you. Few things worse than hating what you do every day of your life. My son is an insurance broker, so I have an idea of what you go through. :)

You may not know (yet) how to build a landing page but you actually bring some skills to the table with your knowledge of SEO and PPC, so you're in a pretty good starting position.

I would suggest reading some of the FB threads here in the forums to start familiarizing yourself with promoting on that platform, if that's what you have in mind.

Search Results for Query: facebook | Affiliate Marketing Forum | AffiliateFix

Also, we have the FBQueen as our guest in the next Affiliate Marketing Experts week, which starts Monday, March 14th. You can have a look at the questions others have asked and add your own here: Affiliate Marketing Expert Week | FBQueen | Affiliate Marketing Forum | AffiliateFix

Some other great starter resources:
What is Affiliate Marketing? (START HERE) | Affiliate Marketing Forum | AffiliateFix
Newbie Helpdesk | Affiliate Marketing Forum | AffiliateFix
Newbie411 | Free Download

It sounds to me like you have the drive and desire to do this. Those two things, plus knowledge and support will help you succeed in this industry. And we'll help any way that we can. You're a 'Fixer now, part of the AFix family. :)

Awesome intro!
Good to see the passion! I only joined this forum a couple of weeks ago myself, but from what I've seen so far, I can say you've tapped into a great source of info and advice.
Stick with it, you'll get there.

I am 23 years old. Just finished a marketing cert at Harvard (Learned basically NOTHING). 2 Years ago, I discovered internet marketing (SEO, PPC) and I learned what I needed to to grow my business as an insurance broker.

We're happy to have you with us. Welcome to AffiliateFix!

I generated leads for my business but never got successful (Over 5k month) because.. and I am being as honest as possible when i say this.. being a broker just isnt my passion... so i wouldn't return calls, reply to emails promptly, or go see clients unless I was 100% sure.. yeah, passion will do that to you.

I am a broker in the insurance industry and waking up to the thought of answering client calls and licking their ass just depresses me. I absolutely HATE what I do.. although.. the money is enough to eat out, pay my car lease, and go out occasionally.

I LOVE reading IM journeys, seeing people succeed, watching people brag, and realizing my passion to do the same.. day after day. I am at a point where I will make a sale of $100 as a broker and think every time that .. well... fuck this.

I am here to learn, make money, and live a happy life. I understand it's gonna take time and $... I have $10k saved up and the route I am going to take to start anything is FB ads.

I have NO idea about what products to promote... I have NO idea about how to build a landing page that converts.. all I know is FB ads will be the answer and I am willing to go fucking broke for it.

Why did I post this?

Please encourage me.. I need it. I know there are people in far worst situations than I am but.. I feel equally depressed. My family is very successful and I could have a benz handed to me if I ask tomorrow... but whats the pride in that? I feel miserable to ask my parents for anything.. even advise.. I want to be self made and more than that do what I LOVE.

So here is me, another want-to-be IMer.

Air in my lungs, vision in my mind.

You are going to love it here. This is an incredible community. The posts above are loaded with excellent advice and direction.

We have loads of great members contributing everyday and helping one another reach new levels of success. I'm certain you can forge many new relationships to help you reach your goals.

Looking forward to your posts and threads.

Check out the DOJO as it is full of great tools and contributions for successful marketers. Click the banner below to learn more.

Remember This! : Nothing has to be perfect before you start. Read & study, but invest and implement at the same time. You cannot learn all of it from reading and studying. A great deal of your learning comes from implementing!

See you around the forums.

Good Luck!

T J

banners
Back