The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

There's no mention of Google and their "Evil" behaviour?

Conran

affiliate
So, I thought I'd start the discussion on Google and their new-found "evil" ways...

As you may know (or you should) Google and Verizon have effectively started attacking the freedom of the internet, suggesting new ways and policies to control content and the speed at which different content is delivered.

They are suggesting that there should be different levels of service and speed of access. In other words, some content and sites will be given priority over others.

As I understand it, corporations and big business would then be able to secure an advantage over their competitors (you and I) in providing content. They could pay Google and Verizon (or whoever ends up raking in cash from this proposal) to beat you into submission.

Google's mantra of "Don't be Evil" now seems ridiculous.

What can we do about it? Move.

If you use Google Analytics, find another instead. If you use Google for search, use Bing or Yahoo instead. If you use Blogger, pay $5 a month for hosting and install Wordpress (have your own url!)

There are plenty of things we can do without loosing traffic from Google. In this instance, they are the slave to us. They have to provide content to searchers, so they cannot simply remove your site from Google because you don't like their behavior.

IMO, this is important in ensuring the survival of the internet as we know it. It is as important as preventing censorship or governmental regulation. And it specifically affects us as people earning money from the internet.

Warning: if you fail to take action or to even take notice of this, if you think it doesn't affect you, you're wrong. You will one day end up pushed out of the market entirely and replaced by your corporate competitors who can pay millions a year to gain your traffic.

Discuss...

MI
Back