Google - Two Big Updates in October and November

Certified

T J Tutor

GM
Administrator
Certified Vendor
Dojo Master
AffKit
Google did it again and without warning this time. Scheduled for after the holidays, the Big "G" did them now!

They did two big updates in October and again in November. They did this now as we head into the busiest buying and selling time of the year.

These two updates may cause your sites a loss in rankings with the exception of true content oriented sites that provide quality, relevant, well thought out content. The smart thing to do is not rely on this huge SE to provide traffic as it once did for your sites if they are anything other than true content sites.

This has been a long term message through action from the Big "G". They have such a huge audience and advertiser contingent that they just do not want, or willing to tolerate, the fast and loose behaviors associated with the "bottom shelf" of advertisers and publishers.

There are loads of other forms of marketing and traffic sources to employ besides the SE's. Many provide loads of traffic with options and there are plenty of traffic management options available to clean, scour, and eliminate most bad traffic.

I like balance, and as a result I have my business split between CPA/CPL and content sites. The CPA/CPL is really kind of a brainless venture for me as I have done it for almost 20 years. The content sites came along at a later date for me, maybe a decade ago with a full dedication to it around seven or eight years ago. I highly recommend to everyone, do not put all of your eggs in one basket. If you have a reasonably stable and successful CPA/CPL/etc. business, I recommend you start to learn true content marketing as a new addition to your business.

Less than .01% of all websites matter to search engines.
That is why I am so skeptical of the touted SEO fantasies.

Brands matter and a few hucksters on top of their game get to play.

What TJ is saying about leads makes sense in conjunction with ad conversions.

Google did it again and without warning this time. Scheduled for after the holidays, the Big "G" did them now!
Good
im glad they did
my traffic has dropped about 50%
but im not complaining
cos it gives me a great opportunity
--> to improve my content

Understand your customers
follow the google seo documentation
improve your content
  • customers
  • documentation
  • content
over time this strategy is bulletproof
if you keep pivoting

I am glad that Google no longer controls any of my income stream ... Neither does any social media platform now ...
:) Maybe it will again but more on my terms hopefully.

Google is doing this now
to combat the mass abuse of chatgpt
to create low quality content
in a move by google which punishes the lazy content creators
& rewards the hardworking high quality publishers
i commend google for doing this now
& i regret bein suckered into chatgpt
cos high quality content never failed me

Chat GPT is not going to make great SEO content and 99% of humans write dull or plagiarized content.

Search engines are not that bright either --they just want to sell ads.

Consequently, search results match the query input without very much creativity.

I have been a Google algorithm 'victim' more than once --long before ChatGPT and crude word spinners arrived on the scene.

Branded content makes SEO money --the rest crumbs --that has been my experience for many years.

Paid ads and AI created content will most likely work but finding ads that are the right quality, and affiliate offers with a reasonable reward/risk to show a profit is no easy task.

Paid ads and AI created content will most likely work but finding ads that are the right quality, and affiliate offers with a reasonable reward/risk to show a profit is no easy task.
ads work (you have success with ads, as do millions)
seo works (i have success with seo, as do millions)
its a choice
im not tryin to be argumentative
just for the sake of conflict
--> thats timewasting & time is running out
all im asking in 2024
live and let live

99% of humans write dull or plagiarized content.
Yeah but we are supposed to be the elite here
cos its the best all round affiliate marketing forum
we share knowledge & help each other
to create amazing unique content
to consistently improve the output
im focused on earning $100 per day
not interested in the 99% cos their mentality is wrong

If you consistently surround yourself with winners, winning would become the only option in all your endeavors. It is said that, you're the average of the five people you spend most of your time with. We need people, whether they're family, colleagues or trusted friends, who challenge us and push us to be better

Edmund Mbiaka

MI
Back