The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

The Story of a Dutch Student trying to get into this wild world.

mpieters95

Affiliate Manager
Affiliate Manager
Hi Fixers!

Please note: English is not my native language, so I'll try hard not to make mistakes.

Here it starts. My journey into this wild world of affiliate marketing.
This summer I've read the book "Think and grow rich" by Napoleon Hill. I definitely recommend reading it whenever you have some spare time. It's the best book I've ever read. Period. It states that you can only achieve success when you set your goals clearly, keep visualizing the end result en never stop until you get what you want.

First, let's set the major goals.

Major goals:
  • Connect and share ideas with other affiliates.
  • Make $100,- a day [before October 9th 2016]
  • Make a forum post every day - no matter how small or big it is - to keep track of my own progress and for your pleasure.
Goals already achieved:
  • Choose a vertical
  • Get a traffic source
  • Find a VPS
  • Create a landing page
Goals to be achieved within the next 2 weeks
  • Get in contact with affiliate networks to get the offer I'm looking for
  • Setup the VPS with tracking
  • Finish reading "Premium Posts 2015 Edition"
If you like to chat with me, I'm always in for a good Skype conversation :)
Add me on Skype: mpieters95

I hope to learn a lot this year!

Have a nice day/evening,

Mike

Hi Fixers!

Please note: English is not my native language, so I'll try hard not to make mistakes.

Here it starts. My journey into this wild world of affiliate marketing.
This summer I've read the book "Think and grow rich" by Napoleon Hill. I definitely recommend reading it whenever you have some spare time. It's the best book I've ever read. Period. It states that you can only achieve success when you set your goals clearly, keep visualizing the end result en never stop until you get what you want.

Okay, this is an outline for your journey or follow along, now update this thread with your progress of your first set of campaigns to make a true follow along.

Good Luck, Take Action!

T J

Update: October 15th 2015
This week has been pretty intense. I've met a lot of people online giving me tips on the subject. I'm really grateful to be part of this market. I've learn a lot of golden tricks this week, so stay tuned while I tell you about it!

First things first. Good things in life: A VPS server:
I've setup my unmanaged VPS + SSD combination at STRATO (a very well-known German company here in the Netherlands) with 4 CPU cores and 8GB of RAM. They gave me a 3 months free trial and after those 3 months €16,- ($18,16) a month and you can cancel any time (monthly contract). I'm not in any way connected with them, but for me it absolutely cuts it! But, they are mainly targeting the German, Dutch, Spain, France and Italy market. I know they have a UK version of their website though.
Installing a manager was very easy (Plesk), after you've setup your own account for the control panel and added the domain names. This is the system in layers:

VPS setup
  1. The Hardware Layer
    • 4 CPU vCores
    • Tot 8 GB RAM
    • 400 GB SSD/HDD
    • Traffic unlimited
  2. The OS Layer
    In the STRATO case, you're allowed to install the following Linux distros:
    Ubuntu, Cent OS, Debian, OpenSuse. This is a one-click install in the STRATO control panel.
  3. The Server administrator layer (Plesk Server Administrator)
    It is possible to manage everything in the OS layer. But using a Server Administrator Software package for your Linux distro, you are able to manage your server usage. It enables the admin to create costumers and assign domain names and webspace to them. The trick is to setup your own costumer account with unlimited privileges and specific domain names, so you can manage your tracking and ads very easily.
  4. The Plesk Control Panel
    Now, with your own costumer account created within the Server Administrator Layer. It is very easy to manage your website (and so your server). Just login using the control panel link created by the server administrator and login to your control panel. Now you are on the lower layer, everything is very easy to modify. Now, just follow the install instructions on their website.
    Which involves creating a database, uploading the Tracking202 files and extracting them.
  5. The web application itself (Tracking202)
    Visit the domain on which you installed the app and setup your tracking.
I really like this way of approaching your VPS, because everything is just a layer and travelling down a layer means simplification.

On the subject of mobile LP's:
Creating mobile LP's can be tricky, but I've found a great way to do it. A good design is key, and I'm not a designer. So for me Adobe Muse works great for designing them. But, there's still a small problem. Adobe Muse offers a great way of designing them, but for coding and adding custom scripts it is most definitely not.
To add some flavor to your mobile or desktop LP's a recommend the AffKit tools. It has tons of awesome scripts, like mobile model-number detection and vibrating the device while visiting the LP. Affkit can be bought as stand-alone product for $37,- or as a pack with the Affilatefix DOJO for $147,-. (I am again not affiliated with them)
Adding those scripts can be done easily by just using a free text editor which recognizes HTML code like PSPad.
I upload them to my VPS using FTP software like Filezilla.

Goal for next weeks
Finding the right offer within my mobile niche and combine it with the best traffic source possible.

If you got suggestions, tips, tricks, ideas or want to have a good conversation, please add me on Skype: mpieters95

Have a nice day,

mpieters95

banners
Back