The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

The amazon affiliate link on WP

I’m having a hard time with why I want to hide from Amazon. no one else seems to be hiding.
according to what I looked at with this plugin it give you a comparison table of a few different products for 1 page. Seems like a good thing. why would I want to hide from Amazon?

Just to clarify; You can't hide easily on the 'intewebs';
View attachment 17223

See how he sets his cookie on WordPress ;)
In
View attachment 17223

that's a big cookie. I have no idea what any of that is. There are thousands upon thousands of people using affiliate marketing online. I have not even seen anyone fearful of not hiding. What am I missing.

Amazon WILL spy on you --Amazon does brand and reputation management --BIG TIME.
you brought up the subject :)
[o]r can Amazon use it as a form of spyware on you?

I bought over $200.00 worth of goods direct from Amazon this past week as a Prime member --I have been a customer of Amazon for years now.

I don't do Amazon affiliate because my cut of the customer acquisition is bad IMHO. The commissions are too low for a one-time only payout. The new customer will go direct to Amazon for the next purchase --and you get nothing.

On the other side of the coin; if you are developing a website --Amazon offers/(ads) are a good trust builder and may help you sell more profitable 'stuff'

So, it can work with the right strategy.
Look into Aliexpress and TomTop if you don't mind dealing direct with China --TomTop is warehousing in the US and EU some items now. TomTop had a rev-share deal 3 or 4 percent of that referred customer's revenue. Play them all against each other --the same way they will be playing you ;)

upload_2020-8-22_14-26-42.png

Last edited:
Actually I think my biggest issue is that I have a huge budget if needed. I could be spending thousands on those guys that want to fill my email with buy my course where I up sell the heck out of you and never give you the answers.
I have ZERO coding knowledge. I do however know how to grout with epoxy and can make a nice salad. So I will take the slow boat to Amazon and all their China products for nothing else but to say I did it. Then again I may end up the best in the business by being a revolutionary.

The idea is to hide your affiliate ID in some cases --and in other cases preventing the removal of your affiliate link --net result not being credited for the conversion/sale.

this is what matters here:
URL_Link: /www.digitalfodder.com/goto/shopify-affiliate-program/
301 REDIRECT
200 FOUND:
[affiliate cookie]
Set-Cookie: source_url=https %2Fwww.shopify.com \
%2Faffiliates%3Fref%3Dhe21dhaj; \
path=/; \
expires=Mon, 21 Sep 2020 18:24:16 GMT;
secure

Do not worry because if you buy it then why would amazon use the plugin to spy on you. Do not be so worried because I am very sure that the only way that amazon will spy on you is if they suspect that you do nto have good intentions. Is there something that you are trying to hide?

Amazon WILL spy on you --Amazon does brand and reputation management --BIG TIME.
you brought up the subject :)

I looked at a product yesterday on Amazon
Since then they've sent 3 emails trying to close the deal
Haven't blocked them as it's interesting to see how it works

For me it is -- I just rewrite with a map in the Nginx files for that domain's includes.

That plugin claims to do this without technical knowledge and server root access.
You can do this with PHP also --just takes 2milliseconds longer --push 1000 redirects per minute with PHP and you will have resource use of 10x that of what a server config will use (~aprox).

Add a tracker that is remote and logs then redirects; that might add 500 to 1500 ms (1000ms=1sec).

Install a local tracker on your server add 2G to 4G RAM +more for volume --now you have some maintenance and $20-$40/mo for the extra RAM.

If you need a admin/control panel (GUI) add 1-2G RAM to the server and add $4-$6 mo if it's cPanel

So a good server and tracking setup, if you need GUI tools: is $40 - $100/mo depending

You can learn at low cost --and maybe make a little beer money. To play for real you need a bankroll ...

The one thing I know about amazon is that it is very profitable and it therefore does not need to have you monitored because there is nothing that thwy will get by watching you. Do nto be so concerned because amazon is very different from google. It is not the same.

You want to look at these too:
16 CFR § 255.5 - Disclosure of material connections.
Amazon.com Associates Central
Amazon demands this to avoid any litigation and secondary liability incurred.
Are there any restrictions regarding my Web site's URL?
No one can participate in the Associates Program whose URL contains the word "amazon" or any misspelling of the word
//example.com/amazon-deals/something.html would not be allowed

URL does not mean just the domain name --it means the entire URL used

Last edited:
IDK -- he's clipping me for 16% tax WTF?
Sale tax is technically 6% in my jurisdiction
Total: €39.00 yr is small money.
just saw this: read Amazon API: "RequestThrottled" and how to fix it? - Amazon Affiliate WordPress Plugin
You are paying to parse the Amazon API data and display it in WordPress.
So, it's cheap if it works well and the coding is good enough to not be a big resource drag.

I don't like WordPress for a lot of reasons. If you have no coding skills yourself and no budget for web development it's a decent starting point.
If you add too many plugins like 5 or 10 WordPress can get very slow even on a VPS server --no less some cheap virtual account overbooked host --lots of that out there.

banners
Back