The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Seeking Help How to analyze and optimize campagin? Whether the driect link is difficult to profit?

kinghmj

affiliate
Hey guys, I am a newbie and I need your help. Recently I start testing my campagins on Propellerads with push. My find some mVas sweepstakes top offers on GoldenGoose. I push by direct link without LP and I test for serval days and the result is not good. As you can see in the title, I have two questions about campagins.

Question 1:
I selected CPA Goal as my pricing model at first, but I found that there was low CTR. May be my CPA Goal is too low. Then I change my pricing model to CPC or Smart CPC and I got about 6% CTR, but the CR is still very low not more than 0. 5%. It seems so bad. I am wondering if I should push with LP instand of direct link? I really need some experience and I want to know why direct link hard to profit.

Question 2:
In my testing period, I tried to analyze and optimize my campagins, but I don't know how to do. I've read a lot of articles that tell me I need to exclude zones and build my own whitelist. But how to find the right zones?What is the judgment standard?

Now I'm confused and I don't know what to do next. I'm on a tight budget and I want to see results as soon as possible

Last edited:
Hey @kinghmj !

When it comes to optimizing your campaigns, considering the user experience is key. Direct linking can sometimes lead to lower conversion rates because it doesn't provide users with enough information or a compelling reason to engage.

Creating a landing page can help build trust, provide more details about the offer, and ultimately improve your conversion rate. Do a split test and see what works best!

In terms of choosing the right zones to target, analyzing your data is crucial.

Look for patterns in performance based on different zones to identify which ones are bringing in higher quality traffic.

Consider factors like engagement metrics, conversion rates, and overall user behavior in those zones to determine your whitelist.

It may take some trial and error, but being strategic in your approach can help maximize your budget and results.

Remember, it's all about continuous testing, learning, and adapting your strategies based on data-driven insights.

Keep experimenting and tweaking your campaigns to find what works best for your goals.

Hope this helps :).

Cheers,
Aron

Question 2:
In my testing period, I tried to analyze and optimize my campagins, but I don't know how to do. I've read a lot of articles that tell me I need to exclude zones and build my own whitelist. But how to find the right zones?What is the judgment standard?

Now I'm confused and I don't know what to do next. I'm on a tight budget and I want to see results as soon as possible
WELCOME ABOARD ...
thumbsup.png

━━━●──────────────

Generically speaking:
Optimization of an ad campaign is not a simple straight forward process.

1. Establish your own ratios --sort of like KPIs.
2. Sort a Bad/Good ratio

So what is good or what is bad in your campaign model?

With bulk ads I use my server logs as the primary Bad/Good ratio
  • I run every ad referral through a ban list on my servers that includes the IPs in ASN CIDR Blocks known datacenters
    --- as opposed to real peoples IPs
    I also block any older browsers that are obsolete (you may not want to do this with a low barrier offer like a *sweepstakes*).
  • I also block a bad_bots listing

So 200 (Good) | 403 (bad) see: List of HTTP status codes - Wikipedia

You probably lack the technical skills to do this. But this is my first filter.

Next I find the ratio for each site ID that the ad network token {site_id} resolves to in the URL string.

site=123456 935/2380
935/2380
~0.392 borderline or over the limit

Like that I find some sites are 70% garbage --that site gets added to a blacklist.

You can try doing this based on CTR but ``lots of bots`` will boost the CTR and you are actually doing the opposite of your intended sort sometimes.

It's expensive to use the post-back CR as you first sort --but this may be your only viable alternative when direct linking.

Using a ``man-in-the-middle``:
By using your own bridge page (pre-offer landing page)
You can learn to use GA-4 Google Analytics an measure events that user journeys leave on you page and try and sort the traffic that way.
I find that only 20% or so of ad network traffic will behave like *interested* humans when the reach my landing page (or website) --by this i mean establish a user session.

see: Viewing utm_{value} Query Strings in GA4

You will be able to get the site id value of the URL's query string and sort them against the number of valid event session to establish the Bad/Good ratio --this is a lot of work :(

For a low value offer like a sweeps:

• --give each site 1000 referrals and if there are no CPA events
  • --blacklist it
  • --the ad network will make the money and maybe you will get some.

banners
Back