The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Suddenly Huge traffic Attack from Google

Wkids

vHddrvW.jpg

I am attaching my site screenshot. I got huge traffic 3 days then it back to normal.
I am using dedicated server so it not affected too much. Max server load during this traffic surge was 30%. Normal load is 3%-5%.
So get ready and be prepare for this traffic Surge, Google will attack on your site soon.

Why did you think Google caused it? Why did you think it would occur to other websites too? I think you are trying to promote for Maxserver.

Why did you think Google caused it? Why did you think it would occur to other websites too? I think you are trying to promote for Maxserver.
Max server load means maximum server load. I searched on google Maxserver then got it's a hosting company. Sorry for your confusion. I am using Ovh servers.

How are you able to differentiate your claim that Google attacked your site, vs legitimate traffic?
Assume you started a site.
Situation 1.
The website traffic will grow like this: 10, 20, 30, ....................[interval of 10]
then you have enough time to increase your server resources and add new technologies. So visitors will not face any downtime.
Situation 2.
The website traffic will grow like this: 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 100000, 10,20, 30........[increasing by 10]
since you know you have only 10 visitor/day then you will not add any new technology and server resource.
Then what will happen at 10th day? You are only able to serve 1000 visitor and rest visitor can't able to surf your site due to server limitation. You know that add new technology is a long run problem.

So you can say this is a attack by google, even they are sending legitimate traffic because they should increase traffic steadily not like peak and trough.

I disagree with all of that. If I'm launching a site, failover is already my initial concern. That's why I use multiple webservers, use CDNs for reducing server load, & Geo-Location balance (NY vs SF). When one of my sites lands on the front page of Google, it's not an attack, it's a success. But that's difference between paying for a single server to just get started, & experience in the industry.

Furthermore, creating a link campaign, or running an ad campaign creates the same scenario. The traffic from Google is free in comparison.

Suggesting that Google attacks a site is ludicrous. The worst thing Google will do, imo, is delist you. Then you're SOL & don't need to even worry about traffic to your site.

Last edited:
From your image you have nearly 8,000 "not found" reported pages. Most likely they tried to crawl your site, & something on your end is misconfigured. Assuming that you've already reviewed the crawl errors, what pages are these?

vHddrvW.jpg

Lastly, I'll add that if Google crawling your site is enough to take it off line, you can request the Google spider bots crawl less often, or wait longer in-between fetching. I'm not sure if you can do this in your Google Webmasters Console tools, but you certainly can with your robots.txt file.

Googlebot - Search Console Help

Sorry, but one last & final item to suggest. User agents can be faked, & a surefire way to assure that a site will accept traffic is to forge the Google Spider bot user agent. If this were a DDOS attack, it could be made to appear from the Google spider bot user agent. Just one more reason to be behind a CDN like CloudFlare.

Last edited:
From your image you have nearly 8,000 "not found" reported pages. Most likely they tried to crawl your site, & something on your end is misconfigured. Assuming that you've already reviewed the crawl errors, what pages are these?

vHddrvW.jpg

Lastly, I'll add that if Google crawling your site is enough to take it off line, you can request the Google spider bots crawl less often, or wait longer in-between fetching. I'm not sure if you can do this in your Google Webmasters Console tools, but you certainly can with your robots.txt file.

Googlebot - Search Console Help

Sorry, but one last & final item to suggest. User agents can be faked, & a surefire way to assure that a site will accept traffic is to forge the Google Spider bot user agent. If this were a DDOS attack, it could be made to appear from the Google spider bot user agent. Just one more reason to be behind a CDN like CloudFlare.

Ok, lunch your site, then you will know. I already am running a site from last 2 years. My site have around 0.5 million posts. I am using wordpress with nosql db, no caching, no cloudflare. My site is full dynamic. Take a look at crawl status then reply what you think?

znAKEB1.jpg

banners
Back