The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Successful Affiliates: Ever considered mentoring beginners in exchange for referrals & half earning?

bibbler

affiliate
Has any successful Affiliates ever considered mentoring beginners in exchange for referrals & half earnings?

This idea came to me while browsing through another forum that had successful CPA affiliates willing to mentor beginners in exchange for a referral to their CPA network. Most of whom already have their hands full or simply don't have time.

My Proposal Idea Entails:
  • Finding an experienced or successful affiliate marketer that has the time and patience to help steer and accelerate a beginners affiliate journey, similar to Charles Ngo's AFFcelerator program.
  • As a pupil I would sign up/join as a referral under the Sensei for any immediate required tools/networks.
  • When I start this mobile journey I will need the following:
    • Decent VPS, Tracker (preferably Adsbridge), Paid Traffic Source, New Domain, and etc.
    • All of which would be purchased through your affiliate link.
  • Earnings would be split 50/50 between us at first (length of time could be negotiated).
  • Daily earnings and relevant screenshots would be shared as proof.
  • Communication/coaching should be on a daily basis via instant messaging or phone calls.
  • Will strictly abide and execute instructions of Sensei verbatim.
  • Willing to share my current niches and websites to improve on if necessary.
  • Would like to start with mobile marketing and daily budget can't really exceed $20-$25/day at first.
* Preferably white hat niches
* Preferably somebody in the States, (locally in Orange County, CA would be amazing!)

Consider this like a charity case for a successful affiliate where the Sensei is willing to hold my hand and walk me through the entire process, from creating and scaling at least one successful campaign.

Yes the incentive isn't that enticing but look at it this way, but if you're able to mold me into a successful affiliate then my earnings would only increase yours as you would get a % of it along with any recurring commissions from required subscriptions/tools.

Some Things I Possess:

- Ability to create/modify landing pages.
- Already have a handful of domains.
- A decent amount of social media accounts for several different niches.
- Already signed up with a handful of CPA/Affiliate Networks.
- Some experience with setting up Bing Ads and FB Ads.
- Ability to edit and create YT videos.
- Fluent in English
- I'm sure there's more! :)

Bits of Background:

I studied Biochem at a UC, didn't get into Pharm schools I applied for, would've had to wait 1 year to reapply. Should've followed my true passion in CompSci... ugh wasted time. Had several failed endeavors in the past couple years however it did teach me some media editing/website skills.

So far I've gotten my feet wet with CPA content locking, PPI, PPD, and etc., but haven't had much success. Generating leads for those types of offers required so much manual spamming, which I'm not really a fan of.

The main reason I'm putting this out there is because I'm very unhappy at my current dead-end IT job which definitely strains my creativity and mood by the end of my shift. I honestly feel like my job is making me dumber haha... On top of that I'm struggling and feel my progression is way too slow. The driving force that keeps me motivated is my Mom who's a seamstress that works nearly 12 hr shifts sewing in a sweatshop just to make ~$30-40/day. She has agreed to quit once I'm able to consistently generate $5k/month... I'm halfway there :oops:

It also sucks that none of my buddies are into affiliate marketing like I am so I've been going at it as a lone wolf. As a result, I rarely go out anymore and it doesn't bother me as this online gig is a top priority. I'm currently working full time and remotely for an IT help desk at home so it enables me to pretty much work on IM all day, which I already do.

ULTIMATE MAIN GOAL:

To make at least $100-150/day before the end of the year so I can start working part time and then eventually quit my job completely.

I know I have the brain capacity and competence to make this work. I just need an effective catalyst to accelerate my progress where I can be successful enough to take my parents on family trips and show them the world they deserve to see while they're still healthy enough.
With that said, I'm looking for a mentor to train and guide me towards the right path to avoid obstacles and challenges that would otherwise slow me down significantly, as time is the enemy especially when it comes to how much of it my parents have left.

So yeah if there's any successful marketers up for the challenge, I would love to start ASAP and become the best pupil! :fix: (I'm super dedicated and serious about this considering it's Friday night and I'm here posting this ;))I'm going to start this mobile journey really soon with or without a mentor, just wanted to get this out there in case somebody has thought about this or is interested because IF YOU DON'T ASK, THE ANSWER IS ALWAYS NO.

Feel free to either PM me or leave a comment here. :D:D:D

P.S. Sorry that this turned out to be much longer than I intended.

Has any successful Affiliates ever considered mentoring beginners in exchange for referrals & half earnings?

Consider this like a charity case for a successful affiliate where the Sensei is willing to hold my hand and walk me through the entire process, from creating and scaling at least one successful campaign.

Yes the incentive isn't that enticing but look at it this way, but if you're able to mold me into a successful affiliate then my earnings would only increase yours as you would get a % of it along with any recurring commissions from required subscriptions/tools.

This has been proposed in every forum accross the net since the inception of this industry and the truth has remained the same. It is a VERY BAD IDEA for the Newbie and not worth the time investment for the experienced marketer.

Typically, a mentor takes on a protege after the protege has demonstrated they have developed at least a basic skill set and usually at least a moderate skill set as well as being at the top of their particular skill level. Especially in this business this is true because over 95% of Newbies give up because the discover it takes work, investment, research, and repetition. Not good odds to entice an experienced marketer to take a pay cut to give you their time.

Myself, and any seasoned marketer, will tell you to use this forum as a mentor because it is full of members at every level of experience which makes for many balanced perspectives for a Newbie to learn from. Take the time to read through the forums here and see for yourself that the Newbies achieving success have actually dedicated themselves to success in this industry and reaping the rewards by following the advice of fellow AffiliateFix members, being dedicated to success, putting the time in, and making the necessary investments. You cannot shortcut the learning curve. It goes slower for some and it goes faster for others. Everyone has their own intellectual absorption rates, skill development pace, commitment level, and budgets.

You are a FIX'er now and that means you have the world at your feet with IM. Here are a few suggestions:

Read and learn through extensive reading in this community. Select one vertical. one tracker, and one traffic source. Learn from your fellow members here to master each one of them (a couple of months). Then you can expand and replicate your successes.

As a Newbie, you need to read, study, invest, and implement. Perseverance, dedication, and taking action are the cornerstones of the success you will obtain.

Read
Read through the various areas of the forum to learn about the types of marketing available for your new business. Make a list of all the types of marketing and take some notes along the way. Then determine which area of marketing with which you will start your journey.

Do this to select an area of marketing to start, as well, do this to select a tracker, a traffic source, and to select a vertical.

Then read up on the affiliate networks and select two to begin with that will serve your needs and the types of offers you would like to promote. Put your application in and they will call you for an interview. Be professional and be prepared to answer some questions about how you will promote offers, do you have a website, are you a Newbie, etc. Please note, if you join the Dojo, we have a thread there that can offer assistance in getting accepted to some of the networks.

Study
Now that you have selected a basis to begin, read all of the threads in this forum that relate to your initial selections so that you have a rudimentary understanding of their features and benefits.

Invest
You will require some investment. A VPS server, domains, traffic, landing pages, etc. You will need a budget for daily, weekly, and monthly expenses. This will change over time and you will need to update it often so that you know exactly what your costs and earnings are.

Implement
This is where it all starts to earn. You must now begin to implement what you have established as your foundation for your business.

Here is some advice and guidance that will help you establish your initial goals:

Make sure you complete the following first.

Every business needs:

1. a plan
2. a schedule for research, learning, and execution
3. a budget.

Remember to read through our WIKI and get to know the basics as well as some of the buzz words in the industry.

I also recommend reading the following thread:

As a Newbie, What Stops You From Getting Started

Here is a set of immediate goals:

1. Get a VPS
2. Select a vertical
3. Select a tracker
4. Select a couple of networks and get your approval
5. Select a traffic source
6. Create a schedule for researching, learning (training), and working. This is a business, treat it as such!
7. Create a budget for every expense (daily, weekly, monthly)
8. Be very active in this forum by researching, asking questions, helping others when you are able.

As well, I highly recommend you join the DOJO as it is full of great tools and contributions for successful marketers. Click the banner below to learn more.

Remember This! : Nothing has to be perfect before you start. Read & study, but invest and implement at the same time. You cannot learn all of it from reading and studying. A great deal of your learning comes from implementing!

Good Luck!

T J

banners
Back