The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Starting My Journey! Steps Till Launch

SEO only makes serious money when you are a branded trademark
upload_2020-10-14_19-37-16.png

Don't even ask who :p

Last edited:
You don't have to buy a SSL(TLS) certificate --just use a free LetsEncrypt SSL Certificate. Unless you are doing payment collection, (like real e-commerce payment transactions), the only real value of a SSL (TLS) cert is data encryption --not so much ensurance of the website's business identity.
Doesn't it help you rank with an SSL?

Was researching to see if domain name is necesarry to have keywords in it. I don't think that matters as much and I've picked a domain name that's available.

Don't must have key words in domain
You are not a brand
So key words will help
But keep short is best
Yes its possible to rank example defgtrhztehrgwqf.com for baseball cards
baseballcardstore.com/ bestbaseballcards.us/ baseball.store/ all better

Last edited:
Small Update

My progress is super slow because I feel like I'm overthinking everything way too much.

I think today is the day that I'll register a domain name. One thing that's been slowing me down is that I can't decide if I should choose my domain name based on keyword search volume. I found a few good keywords that have both decent monthly search volume in US and these KWs are available to be registered as .com

One really good KW had great monthly search volume and I could register it as a .com but it was a premium domain and the domain company wants over $1K for it lol. I don't think spending lots of money on a premium domian will be necessary.

Am I overthinking all of these details way too much? It's definitely hindering my progress.

You don't have to buy a SSL(TLS) certificate --just use a free LetsEncrypt SSL Certificate. Unless you are doing payment collection, (like real e-commerce payment transactions), the only real value of a SSL (TLS) cert is data encryption --not so much ensurance of the website's business identity.

Does the KWs search volume matter all that much for the domain in your experience?
No absolutey not. You aren't going to build an empire of this website, It won't change the internet. You most definately need to just GET THINGS DONE.
Am I overthinking all of these details way too much
Waaaaaaaaayyy to much, you need to stop it. Things don't need to be perfect, far from it. Over thinking will lead to procrastination quickly, and that will kill your dreams. Seriously, just buy a domain you like, get it hosting, gather up tons of keywords and start publishing articles.

So something that can be said easily and typed out easily? so far my KWs tick both of those boxes. Does the KWs search volume matter all that much for the domain in your experience?

many thanks

Don't overthink it
3 things I think most important for domain
  1. Short as its possible (many 5-characters domains are $5)
  2. Go local --> .com in USA, .fr in France, .ca in Canada
  3. Similar to @Graybeard said NOT COMPLICATED
Keyword volume on domain is not that important
  • If its easy keyword you will rank anyway w/good content
  • If hard keyword your domain won't make much difference for ranking

Must use SSL
https://support.google.com/domains/answer/7630973
LetsEncrypt SSL Certificate its free
You need tech skill for this
Great if you can
Otherwise you pay for SSL < $10 >
Maybe I'm wrong
@Graybeard?
well, IDK about control panels? --in SSH @root i finally figured out the easiest way for my *complex server configurations* and can use SNI which means multiple domains on the same server IP using one chained certificate.

certbot is the program you install on your server to do this in python.
Caveat: you have to renew the TLS (SSL) certs every 90 days.

If you are not root on your servers --you pay :eek: that may be....

No absolutey not. You aren't going to build an empire of this website, It won't change the internet. You most definately need to just GET THINGS DONE.

Waaaaaaaaayyy to much, you need to stop it. Things don't need to be perfect, far from it. Over thinking will lead to procrastination quickly, and that will kill your dreams. Seriously, just buy a domain you like, get it hosting, gather up tons of keywords and start publishing articles.
Thanks! This why this forum is so great.

Don't overthink it
3 things I think most important for domain
  1. Short as its possible (many 5-characters domains are $5)
  2. Go local --> .com in USA, .fr in France, .ca in Canada
  3. Similar to @Graybeard said NOT COMPLICATED
Keyword volume on domain is not that important
  • If its easy keyword you will rank anyway w/good content
  • If hard keyword your domain won't make much difference for ranking
Thanks, I'll keep all this in mind.

Boom! Domain name registered.
Also got an SSL certificate along with the domain but I haven't registerd it yet since I'll need hosting.
Now I gotta figure out which hosting is good.
Considering BlueHost VPS

any of your suggestions are welcome!

I would go for AWS, they offer a free plan for the first year, although you must have some technical background (nothing difficult)
I was really considering AWS a while back. I was figuring out their s3 buckets, route53, and integration with cloudflare. Watched a few videos on setting it all up and the technical side seemed manageable. Then when I was asking around online, a lot of people ended up discouraging me from setting it up myself when it comes to the security aspects...

I am not an expert, but AWS + Wordfence plugin keep my site up and running.
On the other hand, if you have a Bluehost shared hosting (or any) , you are exposed to the same security risks that other sites running on the same server have and if one of those sites is hijacked so will be yours.

Last edited:
I am to an expert, but AWS + Wordfence plugin keep my site up and running.
On the other hand, if you have a Bluehost shared hosting (or any) , you are exposed to the same security risks that other sites running on the same server have and if one of those sites is hijacked so will be yours.
Isn't a VPS better in that case since it's not shared?

I am a little bit confused when it comes to "scraping content". I know it will lower your ranking and its against Google's guidelines, but if I need particular images for what I'm promoting, if I find them online isn't it technically scraped content then?

Good to hear you got the ball rolling, keep the momentumn going.

if I need particular images for what I'm promoting, if I find them online isn't it technically scraped content then?

Technically yes, does it matter, no :D just make sure you avoid any copyright infringement.

Just a quick heads up with hosting, if you're running WP I wouldn't suggest AWS and EC2 with Cloudflare, it's a massive ball ache. Amazon have another service called Lightsail and in comparison it's a breeze. You'll have hosting setup in about 15 mins and it's very fast. I checked the metrics and had a wordpress site with 12 pages of content loading in under a second.

MI
Back