The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

spam assassin score 5.5 mail lands in spam Gmail

Dark.banana

hi so i wrote html email few moments ago and i checked it spam score with spamassassin and it shows 5.5 spam
screen :
6sTByj9.png

basically this is how the email looks :
tIHhxlg.png

Did i use too much links with img ? or the domains i used to redirect to are crappy ?

Spam assassin is irrelevant to gmail. It only matters if the domain you are sending to is using it to check incoming mail. Even then, you could have different configurations and it still may not matter.

If you're having a spam folder problem. You need to test (see below) and isolate what the problem is and fix.

1. Back-end set up: spf, dkim, rdns, etc...
2. IP / domain reputation: any IP / domain associated with the mailing - also test username
3. Content: everything in the message body / subject line, including template

Totally agree with eMonetize. There are many factors effecting delivery.
I would start by reviewing the content (message, subject).
Also if the links you are inserting in your emails include domain with low reputation/blacklisted it will surely end up in spam folder.
I do think there is way too many links though :), making your your email a bit intrusive

Spam assassin is irrelevant to gmail. It only matters if the domain you are sending to is using it to check incoming mail. Even then, you could have different configurations and it still may not matter.

If you're having a spam folder problem. You need to test (see below) and isolate what the problem is and fix.

1. Back-end set up: spf, dkim, rdns, etc...
2. IP / domain reputation: any IP / domain associated with the mailing - also test username
3. Content: everything in the message body / subject line, including template

hi thanks for replaying ))
i checked !
1. looks all good, getting all 10 on mail-tester score.
2. THe reputation might be the issue here
3.Content is same old same old order here reorder there , here a discount

and yeah i think there is too many links with images will try to cut the number to one and see what happens and replay back here )))

oh yeah any one know good reputation link hosting or link redirection service that can be used to cloak the links in the email ?

too many links/images trigger spam filter.

reduce number of link and images.

Also try to change domain used in tracking link/images. use a .com aged one if possible.

If your SMTP IP pool is not fresh, the domain you use is relatively new and is not a mainstream TLD,
Regardless of how many links or images you use, your email will end up in Spam with Gmail.
BTW "Discount" is a risky keyword in the email body.

Last edited:
Maybe, host the images with a 'googleusercontent' IP :D
Google thinks it's own shit don't stink +1
Can you just pay Google off :)

BTW:googleusercontent is the hostname of many scrapers on the web ... go figure huh? I don't think Google is encouraging this but cloaking the source is the reason (I think).

You can stop your spam emails by following these steps. Review here,

• Evade Phishing Phrases and Spam Trigger Words.
  • Assure that you are Compliant with the CAN-SPAM Act.
  • Assemble a Whitelist.
  • Insert a Text Only Version of your Email.
  • Appropriate Spam Checkers.
  • Guarantee that Email Authentication is Enabled.
  • Make your Name off a Blacklist.

Did anyone even read/view his question and image... he has a high score because he’s missing headers including a from and subject (looks like even the OP didn’t read the errors on the tool he used lol

Anyways this score is pretty irrelevant since Gmail uses their own filters instead of spamassassin

Does your links redirect to a different page than advertised? Google has introduced a new safer version where it checks for the links in your email and looks for their genuineness. If you have redirections on your link other than as advertised, google reduces your sending reputation and also marks you as a phishing email sender or as spam.

Other than that do your links have https:// or http:// link ? -- this also affects deliverability

MI
Back